Softube Heartbeat

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

and NO physical ILOK required!

I didn't see this one coming, looks ace. I'd much prefer it if it could also load samples though.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Kind of like software-based E-licenser. I think Air Music Tech has a similar set up. iLok has finally caught up with the times.

I like the single page layout without any tabs. Looks very fun and fast to work with. The auto layer section looks interesting, and the mono cutoff with stereo width on the master out is a nice touch.

Totally agree with Aiyn that the ability to load samples would be nice.

I wonder about the individual EQ knob for each instrument.. maybe a tilt eq? The alternating Ping and Pong knobs are a bit puzzling as well.

edit: ah, just read the page. the eq is specialized or each instrument and the ping pong knobs are auto panning. :oops:

The swedes seem to like drum synths (sonic charge, audiorealism...)

Wonder if it is possible to route midi data like velocity not only to volume but also to, say, decay, which is a feature I really miss on mTonic...

It seems it doesn't have an inbuilt sequencer?

When I first saw this I thought of some kind of softube version of Geist. Which would be great but I guess unnecessary.

Something where you could combine samples and synthesis and run them through onboard softube plugins, that would be good. Did you guys hear the demo? Left me a bit meh, but demos are always hit n miss.

I won't know if it's my thing till I try the demo.
Last edited by Aiynzahev on Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Is a sequencer really necessary in a drum synth? most DAWs offer some kind of drum grid or even a drum sequencer and if not I am pretty sure there are some third party sequencer's out there.
Personally I find it much easier sequencing drums in my DAW where I have a lot of flexibility (quantizing, groove templates, shifting single notes ...) and not having to change into a plugin each time I want to edit something or copy a pattern or whatnot. But that s just me...

Looks pretty cool to me.
Aiynzahev wrote:I'd much prefer it if it could also load samples though.
It looks like it has some samples built into it, though:
The sound mostly originates from Softube's own modeled analog synthesis, which has been augmented with carefully selected waveforms.
There is a slider above the snare/rim, snare/clap, and hihat channels that crossfade between "Wave" and "Synth".
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

fese wrote:Is a sequencer really necessary in a drum synth? most DAWs offer some kind of drum grid or even a drum sequencer and if not I am pretty sure there are some third party sequencer's out there.
Personally I find it much easier sequencing drums in my DAW where I have a lot of flexibility (quantizing, groove templates, shifting single notes ...) and not having to change into a plugin each time I want to edit something or copy a pattern or whatnot. But that s just me...
I prefer to use the DAW as well, only exception is with Geist.
Aiynzahev-sounds

cryophonik wrote:Looks pretty cool to me.
The sound mostly originates from Softube's own modeled analog synthesis, which has been augmented with carefully selected waveforms.
There is a slider above the snare/rim, snare/clap, and hihat channels that crossfade between "Wave" and "Synth".
Well my thought was taking highly produced samples such as layer claps, vengeance kicks etc and running them through the effects, but really it just comes down to dynamite anyway which I could get as a plugin if I wanted, so there isn't really any sense to my idea.
Aiynzahev-sounds

Interface is very bright and busy. I find it hard to look at.

Aiynzahev wrote:
cryophonik wrote:Looks pretty cool to me.
Well my thought was taking highly produced samples such as layer claps, vengeance kicks etc and running them through the effects, but really it just comes down to dynamite anyway which I could get as a plugin if I wanted, so there isn't really any sense to my idea.
Yeah, I hear ya! I think it would be cool if Heartbeat could load user samples. Who knows, maybe in a future update?
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

The interface reminds me of Sigmund a lot, in terms of how there's no central point of focus.

Looks very Roland-isk.

No price yet...

Return to “Instruments”