Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Nielzie
KVRAF

8824 posts since 28 May, 2005, from Netherlands

Postby Nielzie; Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:01 pm Re: Charlatan 2.0 Final Free VA synth released (Windows)

I might be wrong but I think Charlatan does not "look" for any presets by default. You will have to guide it to presets by loading fxp files or loading a fxb bank through your VST Host in the menu that the VST Host provides.
None are so hopeless enslaved as KVRians with GAS.
Yeager
KVRian

1113 posts since 28 Jun, 2005

Postby Yeager; Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:05 pm Re: Charlatan 2.0 Final Free VA synth released (Windows)

Nielzie wrote:I might be wrong but I think Charlatan does not "look" for any presets by default. You will have to guide it to presets by loading fxp files or loading a fxb bank through your VST Host in the menu that the VST Host provides.

No, You are right :tu:
braj
KVRAF

9093 posts since 4 Feb, 2004

Postby braj; Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:44 pm Re: Charlatan 2.0 Final Free VA synth released (Windows)

layzer wrote:
Sidom wrote:
braj wrote:Would it be possible to get a resizable GUI at some point in the future? I think that is my only feature request, I wouldn't mess with the simplicity of this at all. Well, maybe a couple color options, but that would be icing.

Agree. It would be great to have a resizable GUI. :tu:

looks fine at 1400 x 900 on my 17" wide screen laptop :idea:
whatcha gonna do when internet sites go to 14000x9000 as the standard
screen res? :?:

At 1920x1014 it is already small, and my monitor is not new. Whatcha gonna do in 2024, still yearn for 2002? :roll:
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new
layzer
KVRAF

5248 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Postby layzer; Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:26 pm Re: Charlatan 2.0 Final Free VA synth released (Windows)

braj wrote:
layzer wrote:
Sidom wrote:
braj wrote:Would it be possible to get a resizable GUI at some point in the future? I think that is my only feature request, I wouldn't mess with the simplicity of this at all. Well, maybe a couple color options, but that would be icing.

At 1920x1014 it is already small, and my monitor is not new. Whatcha gonna do in 2024, still yearn for 2002? :roll:

in 2024 i'll probably making music with the same OS, daw and synths i use now. yearning for a specific year in time will have nothing to do with it.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]
braj
KVRAF

9093 posts since 4 Feb, 2004

Postby braj; Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:43 pm Re: Charlatan 2.0 Final Free VA synth released (Windows)

layzer wrote:
braj wrote:
layzer wrote:
Sidom wrote:

in 2024 i'll probably making music with the same OS, daw and synths i use now. yearning for a specific year in time will have nothing to do with it.

Well, on my monitor it is smaller than I like, and when I get a 4K monitor, it will be tiny :shrug: I do animation so upping the resolution is just going to happen.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new
AJYoung
KVRist

215 posts since 19 Aug, 2014

Postby AJYoung; Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:08 pm Re: Charlatan 2.0 Final Free VA synth released (Windows)

Tj Shredder wrote:I just need to know the place, did you install Charlatan?
If yes and it finds it presets, could you kindly simply tell me where the presets are stored

Charlatan doesn't find presets. It can't. It's not supposed to. It doesn't look for any specific location. Thus, it doesn't matter where you place them. You can place them anywhere on your machine. The easiest pace for me is to put them in the same folder where the .dll is. This is how they are in the Zip file.

Charlatan relies on the Host Program (A DAW or other VST Host) to load presets for it. So the question is: How do you load .fxb and .fxp presets to Plugins inside of VFX? Or for that matter, can you?
Free BassTables for Xfer Serum 1 | 2
2016 Synthmaster Song Contest Winner Presets
Teksonik
KVRAF

12283 posts since 15 Sep, 2001, from Las Vegas,USA

Postby Teksonik; Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:18 pm Re: Charlatan 2.0 Final Free VA synth released (Windows)

I never install presets in the same folder as the .dll's unless forced to by the plugin. I keep a separate folder in Documents for all plugin presets that don't have a location forced by the plugin.

Keeps the clutter down especially when you have hundreds of plugins and makes it easier to backup your patches. Some DAWs scan the plugin folder every time on startup. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Tj Shredder
KVRian

693 posts since 6 Jan, 2017, from Outer Space

Postby Tj Shredder; Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:38 am Re: Charlatan 2.0 Final Free VA synth released (Windows)

AJYoung wrote:Charlatan relies on the Host Program (A DAW or other VST Host) to load presets for it. So the question is: How do you load .fxb and .fxp presets to Plugins inside of VFX? Or for that matter, can you?

Finally understood. VFX has no ability to load fxb files. There is an extra tool for the windows version, but I doubt it will work within that wine based environment on the Mac. As it is also dead, development wise. There is no way to get it in...
Its not a big deal, then I have to program from stretch, which is good always...;-)
And Charlatan is in the end just another classic synth like the majority of instrument plugs anyway. I'd rather spend my time with VCV or Thorn...
ramseysounds
KVRist

137 posts since 9 Jul, 2014, from London

Postby ramseysounds; Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:51 am Re: Charlatan 2.0 Final Free VA synth released (Windows)

For me, Charlatan only loads the first preset in a bank :?

Cubase 9 on W10.
Music rules - there are none
Mutant
KVRAF

3294 posts since 9 Oct, 2004, from Poland

Postby Mutant; Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:00 am Re: Charlatan 2.0 Final Free VA synth released (Windows)

Get a proper DAW and there will be no problems with loading presets.
Works perfectly in REAPER.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !
CapnLockheed
KVRAF

2177 posts since 11 Mar, 2002, from Central NY

Postby CapnLockheed; Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:23 am Re: Charlatan 2.0 Final Free VA synth released (Windows)

Banks load just fine in Herman Seib's FREE SaviHost & VSTHost.....and in Studio One & Reaper
oh and even in an ancient Cubase SE 1.10....LOL!!
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

http://www.fandalism.com/cristofe
Halonmusic
KVRian

1269 posts since 13 Nov, 2015, from Norway

Postby Halonmusic; Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:49 pm Re: Charlatan 2.0 Final Free VA synth released (Windows)

Mutant wrote:Get a proper DAW and there will be no problems with loading presets.
Works perfectly in REAPER.

:lol:
- 32bit for Life, 32bit Forever -
Saukar30
KVRian

980 posts since 2 Mar, 2005

Postby Saukar30; Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:03 pm Re: Charlatan 2.0 Final Free VA synth released (Windows)

One of the main reasons I still use Phrazor.... I can manage presets so easy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
U-o
KVRian

946 posts since 16 Nov, 2011

Postby U-o; Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:03 pm Re: Charlatan 2.0 Final Free VA synth released (Windows)

Hello, do you plan to update Charlatan later or is it final version? It is fantastic plugin, but mousewheel support for all knobs and sliders would be great. There is too much mouse clicking and this will be helpful. Also any chance for implementing FM?
Thanks for reply.

U
-
o
FL Studio Producer Edition - Harmless, Harmor, Zebralette - FL Studio Native Plugin Effects, Krush, OrilRiver - Wavosaur
Mutant
KVRAF

3294 posts since 9 Oct, 2004, from Poland

Postby Mutant; Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:34 pm Re: Charlatan 2.0 Final Free VA synth released (Windows)

Since "Final" is in the title of this thread... :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments