Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New
The NAMM Show

The KVR Audio Instruments forum is sponsored by the Winter NAMM Show. More than a trade show, NAMM brings together the music, sound and event technology communities for exhibits, workshops, performances, events and much more. This year's show takes place January 25-28. See you there!

Read more at www.namm.org
User avatar
Nielzie
KVRAF
 
8597 posts since 28 May, 2005, from Netherlands

Postby Nielzie; Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:01 pm Re: Charlatan 2.0 Final Free VA synth released (Windows)

I might be wrong but I think Charlatan does not "look" for any presets by default. You will have to guide it to presets by loading fxp files or loading a fxb bank through your VST Host in the menu that the VST Host provides.
None are so hopeless enslaved as KVRians with GAS.
User avatar
Yeager
KVRian
 
1110 posts since 28 Jun, 2005

Postby Yeager; Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:05 pm Re: Charlatan 2.0 Final Free VA synth released (Windows)

Nielzie wrote:I might be wrong but I think Charlatan does not "look" for any presets by default. You will have to guide it to presets by loading fxp files or loading a fxb bank through your VST Host in the menu that the VST Host provides.


No, You are right :tu:
User avatar
braj
KVRAF
 
8842 posts since 4 Feb, 2004

Postby braj; Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:44 pm Re: Charlatan 2.0 Final Free VA synth released (Windows)

layzer wrote:
Sidom wrote:
braj wrote:Would it be possible to get a resizable GUI at some point in the future? I think that is my only feature request, I wouldn't mess with the simplicity of this at all. Well, maybe a couple color options, but that would be icing.

Agree. It would be great to have a resizable GUI. :tu:


looks fine at 1400 x 900 on my 17" wide screen laptop :idea:
whatcha gonna do when internet sites go to 14000x9000 as the standard
screen res? :?:

At 1920x1014 it is already small, and my monitor is not new. Whatcha gonna do in 2024, still yearn for 2002? :roll:
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new
User avatar
layzer
KVRAF
 
4735 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Postby layzer; Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:26 pm Re: Charlatan 2.0 Final Free VA synth released (Windows)

braj wrote:
layzer wrote:
Sidom wrote:
braj wrote:Would it be possible to get a resizable GUI at some point in the future? I think that is my only feature request, I wouldn't mess with the simplicity of this at all. Well, maybe a couple color options, but that would be icing.

Agree. It would be great to have a resizable GUI. :tu:


looks fine at 1400 x 900 on my 17" wide screen laptop :idea:
whatcha gonna do when internet sites go to 14000x9000 as the standard
screen res? :?:

At 1920x1014 it is already small, and my monitor is not new. Whatcha gonna do in 2024, still yearn for 2002? :roll:


in 2024 i'll probably making music with the same OS, daw and synths i use now. yearning for a specific year in time will have nothing to do with it.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]
User avatar
braj
KVRAF
 
8842 posts since 4 Feb, 2004

Postby braj; Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:43 pm Re: Charlatan 2.0 Final Free VA synth released (Windows)

layzer wrote:
braj wrote:
layzer wrote:
Sidom wrote:
braj wrote:Would it be possible to get a resizable GUI at some point in the future? I think that is my only feature request, I wouldn't mess with the simplicity of this at all. Well, maybe a couple color options, but that would be icing.

Agree. It would be great to have a resizable GUI. :tu:


looks fine at 1400 x 900 on my 17" wide screen laptop :idea:
whatcha gonna do when internet sites go to 14000x9000 as the standard
screen res? :?:

At 1920x1014 it is already small, and my monitor is not new. Whatcha gonna do in 2024, still yearn for 2002? :roll:


in 2024 i'll probably making music with the same OS, daw and synths i use now. yearning for a specific year in time will have nothing to do with it.


Well, on my monitor it is smaller than I like, and when I get a 4K monitor, it will be tiny :shrug: I do animation so upping the resolution is just going to happen.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new
User avatar
AJYoung
KVRist
 
205 posts since 19 Aug, 2014

Postby AJYoung; Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:08 pm Re: Charlatan 2.0 Final Free VA synth released (Windows)

Tj Shredder wrote:I just need to know the place, did you install Charlatan?
If yes and it finds it presets, could you kindly simply tell me where the presets are stored

Charlatan doesn't find presets. It can't. It's not supposed to. It doesn't look for any specific location. Thus, it doesn't matter where you place them. You can place them anywhere on your machine. The easiest pace for me is to put them in the same folder where the .dll is. This is how they are in the Zip file.

Charlatan relies on the Host Program (A DAW or other VST Host) to load presets for it. So the question is: How do you load .fxb and .fxp presets to Plugins inside of VFX? Or for that matter, can you?
Free BassTables for Xfer Serum 1 | 2
2016 Synthmaster Song Contest Winner Presets
User avatar
Teksonik
KVRAF
 
11880 posts since 15 Sep, 2001, from Las Vegas,USA

Postby Teksonik; Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:18 pm Re: Charlatan 2.0 Final Free VA synth released (Windows)

I never install presets in the same folder as the .dll's unless forced to by the plugin. I keep a separate folder in Documents for all plugin presets that don't have a location forced by the plugin.

Keeps the clutter down especially when you have hundreds of plugins and makes it easier to backup your patches. Some DAWs scan the plugin folder every time on startup. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
User avatar
Tj Shredder
KVRist
 
132 posts since 6 Jan, 2017, from Berlin

Postby Tj Shredder; Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:38 am Re: Charlatan 2.0 Final Free VA synth released (Windows)

AJYoung wrote:Charlatan relies on the Host Program (A DAW or other VST Host) to load presets for it. So the question is: How do you load .fxb and .fxp presets to Plugins inside of VFX? Or for that matter, can you?


Finally understood. VFX has no ability to load fxb files. There is an extra tool for the windows version, but I doubt it will work within that wine based environment on the Mac. As it is also dead, development wise. There is no way to get it in...
Its not a big deal, then I have to program from stretch, which is good always...;-)
And Charlatan is in the end just another classic synth like the majority of instrument plugs anyway. I'd rather spend my time with VCV or Thorn...
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments