Charlatan 2.0 Final Free VA synth released (Windows)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Charlatan Charlatan - Time Capsule

layzer wrote:
Mat-tvank wrote:Is there any chance to see a Rack Extension Version of it?
no, there isn't even a mac or linux version of it
Too bad...

Mat-tvank wrote:
layzer wrote:
Mat-tvank wrote:Is there any chance to see a Rack Extension Version of it?
no, there isn't even a mac or linux version of it
Too bad...
Reason supports VST now, doesn't it?

Is this pretty much abandon-ware now?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote:Is this pretty much abandon-ware now?
Why ?
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:Is this pretty much abandon-ware now?
Why ?
Well maybe not abandon-ware but it isnt being developed anymore right?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

A product made by a hobbyist may stay in the same state for years without being actually "abandonware". It depends only the developer wills... and the possible evolution of his own needs if he made this tool firstly for his own needs. And the time between two updates can be long without making it an "abandonware".

I would reserve this qualification for really commercial products. And yet... there are commercial products which were "obviously" abandonware and which were in fact not. See Sampletank for example, or the Korg collection, or some other plugins like several of those from DiscoDSP (Phantom, Vertigo...) were everybody declared them abandonware and which eventually got new updates or will get new updates, the developer having recently declared that no they are not abandoned.

So it is extremely difficult to really say that a product is definitely abandonware. Except of course when the developer has totally disappeared from the plugin development world (Siegfried Kullman or Linplug for example) or died (HG Fortune for example) or declared that there won't be any future updates for this product in his catalog (several great previous plugins from Native Instruments for example).

:)
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Fair enough :)

That sucks that it's not being developed anymore. I've been hoping for an internal patch browswer for a couple years now. Guess that's unlikely to happen... Oh well, it's still a nice little free synth.

Russell Grand wrote:That sucks that it's not being developed anymore. I've been hoping for an internal patch browswer for a couple years now. Guess that's unlikely to happen... Oh well, it's still a nice little free synth.
Yes a patch browser would be nice but I think it should have a couple of new features. Like being able to modulate the filter with the envelope aswell as the lfo.

Halonmusic wrote:
Russell Grand wrote:That sucks that it's not being developed anymore. I've been hoping for an internal patch browswer for a couple years now. Guess that's unlikely to happen... Oh well, it's still a nice little free synth.
Yes a patch browser would be nice but I think it should have a couple of new features. Like being able to modulate the filter with the envelope aswell as the lfo.
it CAN modulate the filter with Env, lfo or both :idea:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Charlatan can also be modulated from an automation lane without problems in Live (afaik), you get plucky sounds and all kind of performer like mods without attack smoothing or pdc getting lost.

Halonmusic wrote:
Layzer's right, you already can mod the filter with the envelope, there's a switch under the filter type selector. :tu:

He He !

A synth which provides already much more features than thought by some... and which is already designed to give pleasure for a new series of four or five years.

:hihi:

Next update in five years. Ha Ha !

:party:

layzer wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:
it CAN modulate the filter with Env, lfo or both :idea:
Yes I know that. I meant modulate the filter with BOTH the Env and lfo. You can only choose one option.

I always hoped that Charlatan gets some more features. It's a nice sounding synth for sure.

Return to “Instruments”