Omnisphere 2 Authorization Problems!!!! Spectrasonics UPDATE your product!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1

bmrzycki wrote:
neverenoughfunk wrote:i would bet u-he, xfer records, etc would love to have Spectrasonics customer base... i would love to see those companies stay in business while putting out a product every 5 to 6 years... :o
u-he's Zebra2 was released in 2006 and has had numerous free updates since then. It's also their #1 plugin by a large margin.

Spectrasonics is a good company and I like their stuff. However, there are other equally good instruments with a long life.
i agree 90%

because there is one difference...

Spectrasonics can charge $500 for their flagship product (without a demo)... their updates/upgrades cost as much as the other products new...

in my opinion, that is sez a lot!!!

p.s. i forgot to add... all of Omnis 1 updates were free too!!!

:tu:

so did the authorization get solved for people having had probs with it? im trying to get this solved the next few days, had to step back as i also threw spectra an angry mail which pissed me totally off.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

What an unfortunate thread title. :roll:

Ned Bouhalassa wrote:What an unfortunate thread title. :roll:
im sorry if you feel like that but in my experience they were, i might change it. and im a spectra fan normally, got omnisphere1 since it came out.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:
im sorry if you feel like that but in my experience they were, i might change it. and im a spectra fan normally, got omnisphere1 since it came out.
So far you've offered no evidence to back up the thread title. There were issues for a small proportion of customers, they were polite and detailed in their responses with no trace of arrogance. It seems everyone else who has had problems on this thread have now had their own installs sorted - read back over the past 2 or 3 pages. At this point, the thread is reflecting badly on you imo, not on Spectrasonics.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote:
Caine123 wrote:
So far you've offered no evidence to back up the thread title. There were issues for a small proportion of customers, they were polite and detailed in their responses with no trace of arrogance. It seems everyone else who has had problems on this thread have now had their own installs sorted - read back over the past 2 or 3 pages. At this point, the thread is reflecting badly on you imo, not on Spectrasonics.
I agree. I'd lock this up and put it to rest if I were you. It no longer serves any useful purpose other than to make you look bad.

But, whatever. It's your funeral.

Maybe cuntish is the look he is going for ! :shrug:
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

So, I go through the 11 pages instructions of security properties settings on programdata and spectrasonics folders and it is still the same.
I have installed update Omnisphere_Software_Update_Win_2_0_0f
and it still seems to be the same. Authentication screen up , patches not updated for version 2 error.

Windows 7 home edition

I don't suppose the fact the steam folder is in lowercase does anything really?

If it's lower case is that because you edited its name? afaik it's always been uppercase. I wonder if the installer is actually installing the update content somewhere else on your system and ignoring the one you think it should be installing into because of the name change? Try searching for an alternate STEAM folder.

Updates go to lowercase steam folder (the 32 and 64 dlls get new updates) . Steam folder is a massive thing ~59GB.

whatever some of you think i never had a software with such security problems and pc ownership probs.... this is just nonsense so think what you want.

as for the instructions of spectra my ownership looks different so i seem to not be able to reproduce the solution?

"II. TAKE OWNERSHIP
1. Right-click on C:\ProgramData\Spectrasonics folder and select Properties:

2. Select the Security tab, then press the Advanced button under Permissions:

3. Select your current user login under "Change Owner to:" and make sure that Replace Owner on Subcontainers and objects" is checked.

Image"

for me it looks like this

and in advanced like this:

Contact Spectrasonics support.

Oh, and contact Spectrasonics support.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote:Contact Spectrasonics support.

Oh, and contact Spectrasonics support.
I already did that but as u should know it doesnt hurt to ask members here as well as many issues got solved on kvr better than from companies.

And thanks for ur reply. U are so funny i couldnt stop laughing. :tu:

Du willst zu dem "Replace owner..."-Schalter kommen?
Sehe ich das richtig?

Dann klicke doch bei den "Erweiterten Sicherheitseinstellungen" auf Berechtigungen ändern" und siehe da,
Du kannst "Alle Berechtigungen für untergeordnete Objekte... ersetzen".

fuse wrote:Du willst zu dem "Replace owner..."-Schalter kommen?
Sehe ich das richtig?

Dann klicke doch bei den "Erweiterten Sicherheitseinstellungen" auf Berechtigungen ändern" und siehe da,
Du kannst "Alle Berechtigungen für untergeordnete Objekte... ersetzen".
yes i did that but it doesnt save the settings as the C:\ProgramData\Spectrasonics Folder is ALWAYS with protection enabled. i cannot change it, it doesnt let me....
cause i followed each step then installed the new patch like they described and this f*ck still doesnt work. i mailed them a video where all is shown step by step and hope they can sort this crap out. unbelievable.

cause of this sh*t i cannot complete a few songs.......

man i would be happy there would be some watermark file to verify this piece of software instead of a non-working challenge response shit which works normally for all plugins i used/use incl. omni1.

Return to “Instruments”