Looking for a VST synth with fat bass

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I wanna know with what vst I could create some really deep bass like in this video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nvim4VFk98

So, first, don't say me Massive...I don't really like it, it sound too much digital for me.

I have bought the expansion, and the sounds are really deep, snappy, brillant, I really like it.

I think that Manuel Schleis (the sound designer of this XP) use a lot of analog synths (like Moog, Jupiter, etc).

But, I have only three VST : Nexus2, Sylenth1, and Dune2. So I don't have a lot of vst and Dune2 and Sylenth1 are not really bassy (even if Sylenth1 has a really great "benassi" saw wave).

So, if you have got some analog emulations like Arturia minimoog, do you think this is possible to do with ? Or what vst do you recommend to use.

Thanks you !

ImpOSCar 2
Mini V
Modular V
Monark
Sonigen Modular
Synthmaster
TAL Bassline
Zebra 2

Well, if deep analog like bass-es are your main aim, U-He Diva for sure, it does Moog, Juno and more :tu:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgzg5m9bC5g

or Trilian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCievq-H434

You are covered with Nexus2, Sylenth1, and Dune2 as far as getting a synth that can do more than bass, so yeah, get one that can do only bass or does it very well :tu:

My vote goes to Diva entirely :tu:
Last edited by Passing Bye on Sun May 24, 2015 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

@OP

Any synth will do, it's not about the synth but the processing of the sound (e.q compression layering) etc

I will see Diva.
Rob Lee, of course any synths can make bass.

But, if you want warm and big sounds, Sylenth1 and Dune2 aren't great for that. (Dune2 is too much lacking caracter). I tried a MiniV from Arturia and I totally loved it.

I will see for Diva. But it's a big CPU eater from what I read, and using Diva for only just bass synths is not the best choice, even if it do it really well.

*edit* OP has Nexus2

what is "op" ?

Tomag wrote: But, if you want warm and big sounds, Sylenth1 and Dune2 aren't great for that. (Dune2 is too much lacking caracter). I tried a MiniV
No matter what the sound source is, The same applies here (processing of the sound) you can have the worst synth available until you start layering and eq etc and more. That Nexus expansion mentioned above will probably have tons of processing/layers going on hence the BIG sound.

@Tomag

Sylenth and Dune2 are just fine here, can get plenty of character out of both.

Tomag wrote:what is "op" ?
The original poster who started the topic

Ok, yes I have Nexus2, but I wanna create also my own sounds.

Rob, I agree that you can create similar bass with Sylenth1, but Dune2 is for me really shitty...I hate the filter, and the osc are really cheap, they are just fine for me on unison, but they are too digital for me...

rob_lee wrote:@OP

Any synth will do, it's not about the synth but the processing of the sound (e.q compression layering) etc
This is true too, but you need to know how to process it, so if you want to get something nice without much messing around, get it from the source and make music instead. :tu:

Ok, in fact my Sylenth1 has been desactivated by Lennar Digital, so I can't use it again annd I have in reality only Dune2...

Don't say me that Dune2 is THE ideal synth for bassy synths.

I don't like it...For me it lacks harmonics, and it's obviously not optimised for bass presets.

I know how to create sounds and process them. I just don't have a lot of money, so I can't get a lot of vst synths.

Tomag wrote:Ok, yes I have Nexus2, but I wanna create also my own sounds.

Rob, I agree that you can create similar bass with Sylenth1, but Dune2 is for me really shitty...I hate the filter, and the osc are really cheap, they are just fine for me on unison, but they are too digital for me...
At the end of the day if you want to make your own sounds like Nexus has then your gonna have to layer stuff and use plenty of processing. It doesn't matter if you use a free or commercial synth you can get these results if you know what your doing. Dune2 is certainly not shitty sounding to me but each have their own tastes in sound.

Any synth can be made to sound shitty, just depends on the end user. I don't have many soft synths to compare only have about 5 but then again I mostly use Moogs and Elektrons for my needs PLUS samples, I find samples to be better to work with and that's what Nexus uses anyways.

Hope that helps.

Rob

Tomag wrote:
I will see for Diva. But it's a big CPU eater from what I read, and using Diva for only just bass synths is not the best choice, even if it do it really well.
It's when you use it in divine with stacked voices and playing chords/pads, but for bass-es, I used it on 1ghz/1gb RAM machine on draft and it performed great, could be used normally in other normal occasions.

But Diva is more than bass machine, it's like few synths in one that can be mix&matched to get even more and you are willing to pay almost half for just not even better Moog emulation from Arturia, so there's that :tu:

Check this out :tu:

http://www.blaukraut.info/
Last edited by Passing Bye on Sun May 24, 2015 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Passing Bye wrote:
rob_lee wrote:@OP

This is true too, but you need to know how to process it, so if you want to get something nice without much messing around, get it from the source and make music instead. :tu:
You have to mess around in order to achieve the end result.. I can spend hours just getting the sound I want but I get it in the end.
I can understand that the end user wants the sound fast but no matter if you have ready made presets or what ever you'll still need to process the end result no matter what soft/hardware synth you use.

Anyways each to their own on how they find the best results that suit them.

Return to “Instruments”