KX77FREE - 30 07 2018 > Update of all x64 VST - new releases - fixed recent bugs

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kx-Modulad Kx-Polym-CSE Kx-PolyMod Kx-Synth-X16

BlackWinny wrote:You know, Xavier, you should merge this thread with the other thread, I think...
To help me on Modular Synthesis forum:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=480985

Http://kx77free.free.fr

11/06/2017 - Update of main x64 plug-ins (beta - VST3 - VST2):
Kx Synth x16 6.03 / Kx PolyM CSE 2.03 / Kx PolyMod 2.03 / Kx Modulad 4.03

One track added: "Electronic Music Fondation - Into the limbo", Cubase session in 96k, 9 instances of x64 VST3, encoded in WMA 24 bit/48k.

The x64 zip files replace the x86 setups (*.exe) in the download table.

These plug-ins are stable to be used as they are but they are not finalized.
They have been tested in Cubase, FL, Reaper, Studio one, Live...
Of course if you download this files you should help me on KVR or others forum to finish to debug them. To help me to debug, you will contact me on KVR in Modular Synthesis forum.

Official beta test KVR topic:

Improvements:
- Midi learn.
- XML presets.
- DAW show parameters in correct order.
- Sliders: 2 or 3 significant digits after point (Kx Synth x16 and Kx Modulad).
- Skins adapted to new SE directx gamma blending feature.
Following your driver the GPU Intel HD 4000 is not supported yet (current debug work).
Fixed bugs:
- VSTHost 1.56 works fine now with all parameters.
- GUI editor loading time too long.
- Frozen GUI DAW while mouse held.

Recommended Reaper VST settings:
With small Asio buffers if you experimented Reaper bugs when you reloaded a session without to close Reaper before.
To fix it > Preference > Plug-ins > VST > "Allow complete unload of VST plug-ins" (to clean all current session memory).
If you listen audio "pops" when you edit something on Reaper with Asio4All.
To fix it > FX windows > Compatibility settings > "Save minimal undo steps".
SF2 banks:
Possible ASIO buffer drop-out when loading large SF2 banks (with small buffers),
just avoid to play the session when the bank is loading (to do list).

Installation example:
1- Unzip and copy the VST3 folder in "C:\Programs\Common files\VST3".
2- In "Users\"your account"\Documents\VST3 Presets\xavier kalensky\"KX SYNTH X16", you copy all *.vstpreset files provided with the VST3.
3- If your DAW does not support VST3, change the extension of the plugin *.vst3 by *.dll (VST2) and copy the VST2 folder in "C:\Programs\Common files\VST2".
4- Update the database of your DAW by scanning the VST3i plugins.

Note:
"Common Files" is a protected Windows system folder. Your DAW must be in Administrator mode to save the sequencer *.x16 files or your XML presets. If else you must save in your Document folder of your account or in out of protected Windows folders.
Last edited by kx77free on Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you very much. :)

[edit]

Not sure if i am doing something wrong because i can't speak french.
Download error on FOR-TESTS-ONLY.zip file.
Is this where the latest versions are ?
Too many downloads maybe ?
Because i also downloaded the KX-SYNTH-X16-V5.zip and it showed me a different (old?) version on its GUI.
And the x64 VST3 doesn't work in REAPER (ill try renaming now).
[edit2]
OK, the x64 version works in REAPER if renamed to .dll.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Mutant wrote:Thank you very much. :)

[edit]

Not sure if i am doing something wrong because i can't speak french.
Download error on FOR-TESTS-ONLY.zip file.
Is this where the latest versions are ?
Too many downloads maybe ?
Because i also downloaded the KX-SYNTH-X16-V5.zip and it showed me a different (old?) version on its GUI.
[edit2]
OK, the x64 version works in REAPER if renamed to .dll.
Hi Mutant,

FOR-TESTS-ONLY.zip file is only for beta testers, it's not an official beta VST.
Only the zip named x64-***.zip are the last x64 VSTis.
I deleted the last FOR-TESTS-ONLY.zip because it was obsolete. When I will build another one I will upload again the file.
You are probably missing something because I tested in Reaper, this one is one of my DAWs used for the tests because I can save the sessions.

Tell me more on the Beta test topic:

On Reaper they are too many VST options, I use only the default options and following the Asio driver used, I use these options:

Recommended Reaper VST settings:

With small Asio buffers if you experimented Reaper bugs when you reloaded a session without to close Reaper before.
To fix it > Preference > Plug-ins > VST > "Allow complete unload of VST plug-ins" (to clean all current session memory). I do not understand why this option is not flagged by default.

If you listen audio "pops" when you edit something on Reaper with Asio4All.
To fix it > FX windows > Compatibility settings > "Save minimal undo steps".

Xavier
Last edited by kx77free on Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kx77free wrote:
You are probably missing something because I tested in Reaper, this one is one of my DAWs used for the tests because I can save the sessions.
You mean it should work without even renaming it to dll ?
It works when the extension is dll, not when it is vst3.

Windows 7 and probably not the latest version of REAPER.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Did you rescan your VST3 folder in Common files?
You cannot use it in VST2 folder if the plug-in extension is *.vst3.
Did you copy the VST3 presets in the good user account?

Vst3 installation is different of VST2:
1- Unzip and copy the VST3 folder in "C:\Programs\Common files\VST3".

2- In "Users\"your account"\Documents\VST3 Presets\xavier kalensky\"KX SYNTH X16", you copy all *.vstpreset files provided with the VST3.

3- If your DAW does not support VST3, change the extension of the plugin *.vst3 by *.dll (VST2) and copy the VST2 folder in "C:\Programs\Common files\VST2".

Of course you can put the VST2 folder inside your usual x64 VstPlugins.

4- Update the database of your DAW by scanning the VST3i plugins (or VST2i).

One example of boring VST3 mistakes:
If you open a Cubase session in a Windows account which is not in Administrator mode but your DAW is in this mode, Cubase searches the VST3 presets inside the Administrator documents, not in the current account...
Other things to know:
"Common Files" is a protected Windows system folder. Your DAW must be in Administrator mode to save the sequencer *.x16 files or your XML presets.
If else you must save in your Document folder of your account or in out of protected Windows folders.
As usually I use a main Administrator account on my music computer, when I tested on my web computer on standard account, I searched why I did not see the presets in Cubase because I put Cubase in administrator mode to save the XML presets.

Xavier
Last edited by kx77free on Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kx77free wrote:You cannot use it in VST2 folder if the plug-in extension is *.vst3.
OK, ill check. :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

I updated the KVR DATABASE.

Many thanks Xavier!

I have to ask:

@Xavier,

Does this mean the 32-bit versions of your plugins no longer will be maintained or updated? :(

double, sorry! :oops:

@zxant
I answered about on Modular Synthesis forum, my actual priority it's to finish this boring x64 debug work but my actual 32 bit VST have only different skins and more help features (help texts on knobs). They use little more CPU but in reality they use less CPU than a lot of VST because the SE engine is really modular and efficient for little CPU configurations based on Windows. If you stay on 32 bit, the x64 bridge of Reaper is very efficient and all 32 bit vst are very stable on x64 Reaper.

This day I updated the Kx Modulad:

17/06/2017 - Update of Kx Modulad: ver 4.03b*
Fixed bug:
- Improvement of VCF1, EGs and Fx1 selectors on mouse click down.

Xavier

Ps: the b replaces the a uploaded few hours before the b...

kx77free wrote:@zxant
I answered about on Modular Synthesis forum, my actual priority it's to finish this boring x64 debug work but my actual 32 bit VST have only different skins and more help features (help texts on knobs). They use little more CPU but in reality they use less CPU than a lot of VST because the SE engine is really modular and efficient for little CPU configurations based on Windows. If you stay on 32 bit, the x64 bridge of Reaper is very efficient and all 32 bit vst are very stable on x64 Reaper.

This day I updated the Kx Modulad:

17/06/2017 - Update of Kx Modulad: ver 4.03b*
Fixed bug:
- Improvement of VCF1, EGs and Fx1 selectors on mouse click down.

Xavier

Ps: the b replaces the a uploaded few hours before the b...

@Xavier

I'll have nothing to do with 'X64'. I still have a 32-bit only system, that's why I asked.

This mentioned update seems to be 'X64' only.

29-30/06/2017 - Update of main x64 plug-ins (beta - VST3 - VST2):
Kx Synth x16 6.04 / Kx PolyM CSE 2.04 / Kx PolyMod 2.04a / Kx Modulad 4.04a
Fixed bugs:
- Oscillators: x64 error code (shifted index), the S/N was decreased to -90 dBFs instead of -120 dBFs.
- SFO: x64 bug, some Soundfonts were reseted always to the first bank.

note : I thought VSTHost 1.56 worked fine with VST3, I did a mistake, actually with VSTHost 1.56, itwill be better for you to use the VST in VST2, not in VST3 with this host.

Thank you. :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Return to “Instruments”