Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
kx77free
KVRian

597 posts since 19 Jul, 2005, from Paris

Postby kx77free; Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:29 am Re: KX77FREE - 15 08 2017 > Update of x64 and x86 free VST (KX, SCI, MG, CS and VCS3 patches...)

15/08/2017 - Update of main plug-ins (x86 - x64):
x64: Kx Synth x16 6.05 / Kx PolyM CSE 2.05 / Kx PolyMod 2.05 / Kx Modulad 4.05
x86: Kx-Synth-x16 5.2 / Kx-PolyM-CSE 1.2 / Kx-PolyMod 1.64 / Kx-Modulad 3.2
- Oscillator Sync quality improved (x86 and x64).
- Clip leds added (internal signal clipped to +6 dBFs, x64 only).
Fixed bugs:
- x64 Kx PolyM CSE: Lfo speed knob blocked.
- x86 Kx-Modulad: Render button stayed on after a waveform render if the plugin windows setting was always on front (x86 Cubase 8.5.3 on Win 10).

About the beta tests, I updated the "FOR-TESTS-ONLY.zip" with a beta of Kx Synth x16 done with the SE 1.2405 to verify the last x64 SE DSP stability.
The current betas are done with SE 1.2399.
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF

21353 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:40 am Re: KX77FREE - 15 08 2017 > Update of x64 and x86 free VST (KX, SCI, MG, CS and VCS3 patches...)

Thanks Xavier :)
ZeePok
KVRian

828 posts since 22 Aug, 2004, from Edge City, the Low Country

Postby ZeePok; Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:10 pm Re: KX77FREE - 15 08 2017 > Update of x64 and x86 free VST (KX, SCI, MG, CS and VCS3 patches...)

:tu: for the x86 updates. Thank you Xavier, for the efforts! :)
kx77free
KVRian

Postby kx77free; Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:41 am KX77FREE - 19 11 2017 > Major Update of x64 free VST (KX, SCI, MG, CS and VCS3 patches...)

Hi,

I did an hard work about my VST to check all in complex sessions on Cubase, it's not easy for me to make music and to debug my VST but finally I consider these last versions like releases, not like betas. I identified all DSP problems and avoid them.

19/11/2017 - Update of main x64 plug-ins (Releases - VST3 - VST2):
Kx Synth x16 6.06 / Kx PolyM CSE 2.06 / Kx PolyMod 2.06 / Kx Modulad 4.06

Various improvements and bug fixes on 64 bit versions.
Made with the latest stable version of SE (1.2412) and with the latest SDK3 (c++).
Parameter indexes have been fixed to preserve compatibility between future versions.
These versions pass the main tests of the Steinberg tool to check the VST3.
The period of beta testing with end users is over.

Fixed bugs:
- XML presets: the file extension has been replaced by *.xmlpreset.
KX SYNTH X16:
- Cubase: correct initialization of each voice when the plug-in is initialized off (button on off of the Cubase window).
- Matrix controllers: after initialization of the plug-in they switch to static mode (10% of CPU use won).
- Parameters: they have been renamed and all the parameters of the matrix have been defined in private mode (not listed in the automation of your DAW) to simplify their management.
KX POLYM CSE and all by default:
- The FX filters are correctly initialized after a sample rate change.

About x64 VST:

VST2 recommended for VSTHost:
The GUI editor of VSTHost 1.56 stays incompatible when the plug-ins are used in VST3 not in VST2. VST3 GUI works fine only with VSTHost 1.54.

Recommended Fruity Loop VST settings:
Select "Use fixed size buffers" in the plug-in options to win 25% of CPU use!

Recommended Reaper VST settings:
With small Asio buffers if you experimented Reaper bugs when you reloaded a session without to close Reaper before.
To fix it > Preference > Plug-ins > VST > "Allow complete unload of VST plug-ins" (to clean all current session memory).
If you listen audio "pops" when you edit something on Reaper with Asio4All.
To fix it > FX windows > Compatibility settings > "Save minimal undo steps".

SF2 banks:
Possible ASIO buffer drop-out when loading large SF2 banks (with small buffers),
just avoid to play the session when the bank is loading (to do list).

Installation example:
1- Unzip and copy the VST3 folder in "C:\Programs\Common files\VST3".
2- In "Users\"your account"\Documents\VST3 Presets\xavier kalensky\"KX SYNTH X16", you copy all *.vstpreset files provided with the VST3.
3- If your DAW does not support VST3, change the extension of the plugin *.vst3 by *.dll (VST2) and copy the VST2 folder in "C:\Programs\Common files\VST2" or in your usual x64 VST2 folder...
4- Update the database of your DAW by scanning the VST3i plug-ins.
Note:
"Common Files" is a protected Windows system folder. Your DAW must be in Administrator mode to save the sequencer *.x16 files or your XML presets. If else you must save in your Document folder of your account or out of protected Windows folders.
Mutant
KVRAF

3259 posts since 9 Oct, 2004, from Poland

Postby Mutant; Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:16 pm Re: KX77FREE - 19 11 2017 > Major Update of x64 free VST (KX, SCI, MG, CS and VCS3 patches...)

As always:
Thank you very much. :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !
Halonmusic
KVRist

469 posts since 13 Nov, 2015, from Norway

Postby Halonmusic; Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:44 am Re: KX77FREE - 19 11 2017 > Major Update of x64 free VST (KX, SCI, MG, CS and VCS3 patches...)

:tu:
lalo
KVRian

1398 posts since 14 Oct, 2002

Postby lalo; Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:50 am Re: KX77FREE - 19 11 2017 > Major Update of x64 free VST (KX, SCI, MG, CS and VCS3 patches...)

kx77free wrote:KX SYNTH X16:
- Cubase: correct initialization of each voice when the plug-in is initialized off (button on off of the Cubase window).
- Matrix controllers: after initialization of the plug-in they switch to static mode (10% of CPU use won).
- Parameters: they have been renamed and all the parameters of the matrix have been defined in private mode (not listed in the automation of your DAW) to simplify their management.

Thanks Xavier!
Does the ubove means that we can't automate matrix parameters? If yes is kind of sad beacuse i use those a lot especially in live sets.
kx77free
KVRian

Postby kx77free; Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:12 am Re: KX77FREE - 19 11 2017 > Major Update of x64 free VST (KX, SCI, MG, CS and VCS3 patches...)

lalo wrote:Does the ubove means that we can't automate matrix parameters? If yes is kind of sad beacuse i use those a lot especially in live sets.

Yes, I wanted to simplify the list of parameters because the matrix uses 514 parameters!
The x64 version is based on the x86 files, so since 2008 the original names are stayed the same.
The problem is that if I change the index order I broke the presets compatibility. If I do that I must do a new version like a v7.0.

But I can do a regression about this because now these ones are indexed in my source files so I can activate or deactivate the private mode without brakes the preset compatibility.

I can rebuild another dll (vst3 or vst2) with this feature and add the link waiting the v7.

I have no idea how many peoples use the automation on the matrix parameters...

Xavier
lalo
KVRian

1398 posts since 14 Oct, 2002

Postby lalo; Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:27 am Re: KX77FREE - 19 11 2017 > Major Update of x64 free VST (KX, SCI, MG, CS and VCS3 patches...)

kx77free wrote:
lalo wrote:Does the ubove means that we can't automate matrix parameters? If yes is kind of sad beacuse i use those a lot especially in live sets.

Yes, I wanted to simplify the list of parameters because the matrix uses 514 parameters!
The x64 version is based on the x86 files, so since 2008 the original names are stayed the same.
The problem is that if I change the index order I broke the presets compatibility. If I do that I must do a new version like a v7.0.

But I can do a regression about this because now these ones are indexed in my source files so I can activate or deactivate the private mode without brakes the preset compatibility.

I can rebuild another dll (vst3 or vst2) with this feature and add the link waiting the v7.

I have no idea how many peoples use the automation on the matrix parameters...

Xavier

Hi Xavier, thanks for the explanations.
Yes i'd really like a version with matrix parameters accessible for automation. The matrix is definetly an essential part of EMS organic workflow and sound. So for me workin' live with the EMS means to change on the fly the matrix using controllers.
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments