Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
wagtunes
KVRAF

8198 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:55 am Re: KX77FREE - 03 2017 > x64 free beta releases available (KX, SCI, MG, CS and VCS3 patches, more...)

.jon wrote:http://kx77free.free.fr/English-contents.html#download_plugs

Thanks Jon. Downloaded. Will get to work on these first chance I get.
Musical Gym
KVRAF

4839 posts since 23 May, 2004, from square1

Postby Musical Gym; Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:36 pm Re: KX77FREE - 03 2017 > x64 free beta releases available (KX, SCI, MG, CS and VCS3 patches, more...)

Xavier Kalensky's musical creations (musics and demos) can be downloaded freely for private use only! Xavier Kalensky's musical creations can not be copied or distributed in any way, can not be used in: music, film, radio or tv broadcast, web site, any kind of shows, etc... without the agreement of the author.
wagtunes
KVRAF

8198 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:41 pm Re: KX77FREE - 03 2017 > x64 free beta releases available (KX, SCI, MG, CS and VCS3 patches, more...)

Musical Gym wrote:Xavier Kalensky's musical creations (musics and demos) can be downloaded freely for private use only! Xavier Kalensky's musical creations can not be copied or distributed in any way, can not be used in: music, film, radio or tv broadcast, web site, any kind of shows, etc... without the agreement of the author.

So in other words, I can't create an original piece of music with any of these and post them on Soundcloud?
core
KVRAF

4697 posts since 2 Sep, 2005, from city of lights (nl)

Postby core; Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:50 pm Re: KX77FREE - 03 2017 > x64 free beta releases available (KX, SCI, MG, CS and VCS3 patches, more...)

Of couse you can. That quote is about Xavier's musical works that are also available from his site. It's not about the plugins.
rekkerd.org the latest audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Producers Choice Everything Bundle for Hip Hop, OVO, Trap!
Musical Gym
KVRAF

Postby Musical Gym; Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:53 pm Re: KX77FREE - 03 2017 > x64 free beta releases available (KX, SCI, MG, CS and VCS3 patches, more...)

thanks for clarification; I figured his musical creations included his plugins
kx77free
KVRian

593 posts since 19 Jul, 2005, from Paris

Postby kx77free; Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:43 am Re: KX77FREE - 03 2017 > x64 free beta releases available (KX, SCI, MG, CS and VCS3 patches, more...)

Hi

Thanks to answer me. I can do 99% of efficient debug work but with the last SE 1.2, it's more complex because Jeff done a new api GUI based on directx 2d to do a code compatible with Apple. So like a lot of "modern" DAWs now when you want do music on a computer you need a good graphic card with recent drivers, specially on win10...
Simply to do a compatibility with apple the classic GDI code which works in all PC is now considered like obsolete.

This way is dangerous because the majority of GPU are not supported more few years and even if you have a good CPU to make music, a bad graphic driver can make your stable machine completely unusable with the recent DAW like Cubase or Studio one.

Per example some intel drivers are not updated for win10 and you must add a graphic card to use Cubase but with the laptops you cannot change something...

When I found a bug with Studio one on my laptop, it's a Studio one flickering GUI bug, not linked to VST, I changed the GPU preference to Intel in place of Nvdia. I can manage its studio one bug but the majority of end users will not want to change something and they will do because they pay their softwares and they have not really the choice.
But consider this kind of bugs with freewares, the plugin or application goes directly to the trash...

Jeff did his choice to follow the plugin market but he broken the GUI stability and the number of his users is decreased because now the expert users prefer to use hardware machines and the plugin market is composed of young users who do not like the complexity of modular software like SE.

So the difficulty to debug the last SE is to find a lot different graphic configurations to validate the last GUI code.

Actually I provide plugins done with the 1.2355 SE because the GUI code works fine on all my computer based on "old" intel and Nvdia GPUs.
But I did not test on AMD gpu, this is why I need your tests.

With the actual versions of my plugins, I'm working on fat Cubase 96k session based of 14 instances of my VST and some old x86 SE vst for the Fx. I stressed a lot my laptop, the instability I have got is linked when I overloaded the CPU by playing on real time but I never lose the data (CPU use 100%).

I will work on new releases based on the last SE 1.3 (to match with the Jeff's work) but I will lose the compatibility with the old intel drivers (g43/45 on my web computer) with Cubase 8.5, anyway this Cubase version doesn't like this drivers because the loading time is too long, not really usable with no stress.

So you must understand that is complex for me to share my work without clear explanations about the actual beta tests :
- the actual provided versions x64 are beta and they work probably on the majority of configurations but some features like Midi learn or Midi out are not available.
- I will provide another versions built with the last SE 1.3 with more features but these ones will be probably less stable with old graphic drivers following your DAW.

@Musical gym
Yes, it's only for my music, just I protect my rights because when your share something freely on the web the people imagine they can do all without the agreement of the author. This license is written in the WMAP tags.

@Wagtunes and lalo
It's important to follow my last recommendations about the installation if you want to use them in VST2(see my last posts).

@Mutant
The x64 debug work boring me but I must do it, for me, Jeff and all my users.
But I'm very happy when I use my instruments because I do what I want, the quality of sound is here, I do not need hardware.

Xavier
Musical Gym
KVRAF

Postby Musical Gym; Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:12 pm Re: KX77FREE - 03 2017 > x64 free beta releases available (KX, SCI, MG, CS and VCS3 patches, more...)

Thanks Xavier. Have you thought about selling some of your best plugins rather than offering as freebies?
kx77free
KVRian

Postby kx77free; Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:36 am Re: KX77FREE - 03 2017 > x64 free beta releases available (KX, SCI, MG, CS and VCS3 patches, more...)

Hi,

Yes I thought about this dilemma, it's complex because to sell some licenses around 30 up to 100 € cannot replace a real salary and anyway I will be pirated. So I prefer to keep my liberty to do what I want by doing freewares because I'm not depending of the plugin market and also of the end users. The real price of my work is not in the money , it's just a state of art, I work like an hobbyist electronic luthier and SE is one of the best modular software to do that and to share the result. It's important for me to share this work because if I do that only for me that make no sense to work up to this quality, when you share your work that force you to finalize.

Xavier
Diego_C
KVRist

471 posts since 29 Dec, 2011, from Europe

Postby Diego_C; Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:20 am Re: KX77FREE - 03 2017 > x64 free beta releases available (KX, SCI, MG, CS and VCS3 patches, more...)

kx77free wrote:Hi,

Yes I thought about this dilemma, it's complex because to sell some licenses around 30 up to 100 € cannot replace a real salary and anyway I will be pirated. So I prefer to keep my liberty to do what I want by doing freewares because I'm not depending of the plugin market and also of the end users. The real price of my work is not in the money , it's just a state of art, I work like an hobbyist electronic luthier and SE is one of the best modular software to do that and to share the result. It's important for me to share this work because if I do that only for me that make no sense to work up to this quality, when you share your work that force you to finalize.

Xavier

Well..first of all thanks so much and then, respect, for your skills, commitment and generosity. :tu:
Your vst synths are not the usual simple stuff, their architecture is quite complex (I'm saying it in a positive way) and the sounds rewarding if one's willing to spend time learning to tweak them.
It's really a huge luck having a computer nowadays and these kind of awesome free synths, compared to not be able at all to buy or even simply see such "hypothetical" hardware, back in the old days (...not a young kiddo here ;-) ).
Not even mentioning the energy it takes to be made...( I personally can only do basic Reaktor stuff..so I only have a glimpse of creating and structuring a synth, and how time consuming can be, specially when it comes to fix and improve things),
Really thanks once again. Cheers
Musical Gym
KVRAF

Postby Musical Gym; Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:38 pm Re: KX77FREE - 03 2017 > x64 free beta releases available (KX, SCI, MG, CS and VCS3 patches, more...)

Thanks Xavier, I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on it.
Is there a zip file containing all x64 plugs?
kx77free
KVRian

Postby kx77free; Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:34 pm Re: KX77FREE - 03 2017 > x64 free beta releases available (KX, SCI, MG, CS and VCS3 patches, more...)

...Cubase 8.5, anyway this Cubase version doesn't like this drivers because the loading time is too long, not really usable with no stress...

Finally I found why the loading of the VST was too long with Cubase 8.5 on my web pc, during the tests I forgot to uninstall the Nvdia drivers, so Cubase 8.5.3 works fine with the "old" intel G43/G45 GPU.

@Musical gym
No, I prefer to use different zips for the maintenance when I update only one.
Musical Gym
KVRAF

Postby Musical Gym; Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:07 pm Re: KX77FREE - 03 2017 > x64 free beta releases available (KX, SCI, MG, CS and VCS3 patches, more...)

Thanks, the layout of the files was confusing for me but I can figure it out I think.
kx77free
KVRian

Postby kx77free; Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:40 am Re: KX77FREE - 03 2017 > x64 free beta releases available (KX, SCI, MG, CS and VCS3 patches, more...)

The download table is organized with colours and the plugin names, I added x64 on the zip name to make a difference between the x86 versions and the new 64 bit versions.

I keep the links to download my old plugins for peoples who stay with classic 32 bit pc for make music without the boring x64 OS. Specially on low or old configurations that will be better to stay in x86. My main PC music is a 32 bit Vista tower pc (2008, 11000 hours in count) with only 4 go and I'm running the Cubase 8.5 with my XFI SB with a latency up to 2-4 ms in real time with my last x86 VST.
To use VA the x64 code changes nothing about the sound because when we code we use different variables in 32 or 64 bit float, just when we compile in x86 we must specified the SSE features, it's little less optimised but the difference is around 10% or 15% (old SE 1.1 engine), this little difference doesn't justify to change all, it's a pure stupidity because following your compiler you can less than 40% of cpu use following your code. To resume there are a lot of 64 bit VST which use more CPU than the "old" x86 built for low configurations.
I work on my main VST since many years, 2007 for the Kx-Modulad, 2008 for the Kx-Synth-16... I debugged them on low configurations and they work fine on simple atom laptop of 2007 so when I use them on recent PC, I'm the king.
For the same minimal generators and EG used on my 64 bit laptop,the x64 Polymod uses 0.8% vs the Retrologue (less modular) 0.4%. The Kx-PolyMod has the same quality of sound like a recent best VA but you have no limits of instances.

Of course because the x86 OS will be disappear I must update my work to x64 but it's really a boring work and all my future VST projects are delayed for six months or one year a minima, just the time to finish to debug seriously, this is why I need serious users to help me.
kx77free
KVRian

Postby kx77free; Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:54 pm Re: KX77FREE - 03 2017 > x64 free beta releases available (KX, SCI, MG, CS and VCS3 patches, more...)

I updated the help texts and the list of bugs in the x64 zip files.

My first track 100% x64, 14 vst3 in a Cubase 8.5.3 session at 96k!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr3WD2gR8_c
BlackWinny
KVRAF

3169 posts since 17 Jun, 2013, from very close to Paris, France

Postby BlackWinny; Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:22 pm Re: KX77FREE - 03 2017 > x64 free beta releases available (KX, SCI, MG, CS and VCS3 patches, more...)

You know, Xavier, you should merge this thread with the other thread, I think...
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments