VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Z3TA+

will the bugs in z3ta 2 ever be fixed?

mainly the waveshaper modulation bug?
~Pyrotek45

Good question. Wondering too. It always appears to me that Cakewalk are rather into making new customers than really maintaining their products, which is a bit sad.

Hmmmm... Waveshaping modulation seems to work just fine over here.

If you mean this issue: http://forum.cakewalk.com/Bug-in-Wavesh ... 18192.aspx

Yeah, works just fine over here in Reaper.

its hit and miss with z3ta 2,i love it as a synth but i\when im modulating the wave shaper parameters sometimes it will work,but more often it doesn't. i dont know why they updated rapture without fixing their z2ta synth. weird.
~Pyrotek45

IIRC, the modulation was gone for me when modulating any of the waveshapers with a LFO and clicking play and stop in the host. At some point, the set modulation showed no effect anymore then. There was something weird with the arpeggiator as well, but i can't remember what now.

Took them quite a while just to fix the recent issue introduced by a Mac OS X security fix. I definitely wouldn't hold my breath waiting for bug fixes.

They're not getting any more of my money until they can show they're working on maintaining their software. Maybe all of their efforts are spent on Sonar? Rapture Pro seems to be quite a mess...

thats pretty much what happens to me.it makes it unusable.such a pity too,i could have made some gnarly basses.
~Pyrotek45

Hmm... I'm trying non-stop but just can't seem to get the waveshaper modulation to vanish. Bizarre!

Can't reproduce it now either... i remember it didn't work after having changed a lot of parameters, maybe there was something else one has to do for it to stop working. Also not sure if it maybe was exclusive to the 32-bit version. I'm using the 64-bit now. I also didn't add a midi clip with a long note as EnGee wrote in the post in the Cakewalk forum. It happened with simply playing it over midi, and it surely had to do with the host transport functions.

haha yes,this bug is quite elusive .ill try and recreate sometime and record myself doing it.till then i know there are other bugs but a quick google search will find you what im talking about.bug reports as old as 2013....
~Pyrotek45

try change the lfo setting as its link to a waveshaper while the host is playing.i believe having the host playing is a big part of the bug.i just manged to recreate the bug twice.
~Pyrotek45

I just saw that there might be an update before the end of this year: http://forum.cakewalk.com/Z3TA-2-v-21-A ... 30-p2.aspx The usual developer/official gibberish though, could also mean that there's more News before the end of this year. :)

Oh wow, even more confirmage: http://forum.cakewalk.com/Its-the-Gobbl ... px#3320315 :) Guess i will make use of that sale and upgrade Z3TA 1 then.

Sorry for bumping this again, but yeah, Z3TA 2 just has been updated, Version 2.2.0.95. :P Gotta pinch myself to believe it. I'm thrilled if the Bugs got nailed out. I'll see if i can find a changelog.

Not seeing it in my account - or in Command centre

Return to “Instruments”