https://github.com/mtytel/helm

GLOBAL
32 voice polyphony
Arpeggiator
Cross-platform patch loading/saving
Oscilloscope
Portamento/Legato

OSCILLATORS
2 main oscillators with 11 anti-aliased waveforms, cross modulation, unison/harmonize
A sub oscillator with 'shuffle' wave shaping and a noise oscillator
Oscillator feedback for changing timbre

MODULATION
Routable modulation and real time visual feedback so you can see what controls are modulated and by how much
Aftertouch/Velocity/Note/Pitch Wheel/Mod Wheel modulation sources
2 mono and 1 poly LFO with live visual feedback
2 Envelopes
Step Sequencer with smoothing

FILTER
Filter with low-pass, high-pass, band-pass, high-shelf, low-shelf, band-shelf and all-pass settings
Formant Filter with x/y pad control

EFFECTS
Stutter
Delay
Reverb

Last edited by glokraw on Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Looks smashing!

Looks like a OSC contender to me
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

I'll be downloading this when I get home simply because the GUI looks amazing. Good work man

Has anybody found a download link that actually works? The one posted just takes me to a page with a lot of graphics and weird stuff. The download button itself doesn't download anything. I did find the source code page (I think) but there is no actually built VST to download and I don't know squat about building VSTs.

Jade Helm15 = Martial Law :help:

Okay, from what I'm seeing, you do have to build this thing yourself. I've read the instructions but I have no idea how to actually do this. Do I need a special program to execute the required codes? Or can I just download the files onto my Windows 7 64 bit OS and run them? As a former programmer in several languages, I'm going to guess that you need a special compiler to do this and I have no idea which one it is.

If somebody figures out how to actually do this, let me know.

Look at the OT:
The first link should be for peoples like me... and you?
:hug:
Was Große tun, beschwatzen gern die Kleinen.

wagtunes wrote:Okay, from what I'm seeing, you do have to build this thing yourself. I've read the instructions but I have no idea how to actually do this. Do I need a special program to execute the required codes? Or can I just download the files onto my Windows 7 64 bit OS and run them? As a former programmer in several languages, I'm going to guess that you need a special compiler to do this and I have no idea which one it is.

If somebody figures out how to actually do this, let me know.
Correct. You'll have to wait for someone to offer a safe compiled executable.

Funky, the download on the main site lead me directly to a Mac .pkg file which installed it all for me. So at least on OS X, there's no need to compile anything.

The big Download Helm Beta button at http://tytel.org/helm/ gave me a msi file that installed the standalone and VST at C:\Program Files\VstPlugins
Nifty OS detection :D
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Ah cool. That explains it. The big download button does not work on chrome. It works fine on Firefox.

Direct Download Links

Windows:
32bit download
64bit download

Linux:
64bit download
32bit download

Mac Download

FYI for Windows:
Depending on if you installed 64bit, or 32bit, 2 folders will be added to c:/program files (x86)/ or c:/program files/

The two folders are 'VstPlugins' and 'Helm'.

Direct your DAW to this VstPlugins folder because it looks like Helm has the presets hard coded there? I tried moving it to my preferred location, but couldn't access the presets.
Last edited by bjporter on Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bjporter wrote:Ah cool. That explains it. The big download button does not work on chrome. It works fine on Firefox.

Direct Download Links

Windows:
32bit download
64bit download

Linux:
64bit download
32bit download

Mac Download
the dl link for x32 is incorrect. this is it:

32bit download
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Yay, more not-freemium-but-actually-free synthy goodness!

Thanks for the corrected 32-bit download link, options are a good thing ;)
Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

BDeep wrote:Funky, the download on the main site lead me directly to a Mac .pkg file which installed it all for me. So at least on OS X, there's no need to compile anything.
I'm on linux, and it led me to a .deb, so I edited the first post a bit.
Perhaps too 8) by half...

Return to “Instruments”