Any opinions about the just released SEQui2R ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tatanka wrote:Hi Stickywicket,

this one is definitely something for you I would think :-)). I am no programmer too and just like it easy.

Two very nice things for this in SEQui2R: first a lot of really nice presets. Second the new random functions in the 1.2. Even for me it was really easy to at least get something that sounds nice to me very fast. Of course: I will never get that deep into it (the possibilities of the sequencer are endless) to at least touch more then the ground but thats enough (at least for me) to get unique sounds with lots of movement and rhyhtmic (it is no pad synth, but I think thas very clear from description).

And the instruments/presets are great, no problem for example to get a good electric guitar (rhythm, solo) that can stand against most guitar libraries. And the VSTBuzz offer is REALY a bargain (I paid more then double as intro offer, sigh......). And as far as I know there have not been any sales since the intro prize, so 38 Euro is just a steal. And I was really wondering about it as I see it cause there have been so much devellopment going into it.....

Just seen I have already made a much more detailed description a few posts up, but when Alz is calling.... :dog:
Lol....Alz is calling....

I did read this whole thread and your posts are actually what's encouraging me to get this. I do like instruments/sounds that have rhythmic movement (Tantra comes to mind) :hyper:

Thank you very much for the quick reply and also the extra push I needed from sitting on the fence......heading over to VSTBUZZ!!! :tu: :tu: :tu:
Make music :harp:

Yeah,

Im considering this BUT there is a but .. KONTAKT :D

I have Kontakt full but in last while I have gone off it because it is a resource hog within a track in most sequencers. I assume this Kontakt Instrument is the same? Is it slow too open in general I wonder?

I assume you need mutiple versions open if more than one preset / sequence?

I have both a Core i3 and i5 with 8GB Ram

Hi aidanodr,

I have an i-3 too with 8GB RAM, so that works BUT I have to admit: was definitely my reason to finally make the step from 32 bit daw to 64 bit, with 32 bit daw and the max 4GB limit you can definitely forget it.

Loading time is long of course, but not longer then something from east west with play :hihi:

The point is: the functionallity goes far beyond nearly all kontakt "libraries" I know, the sequencer is the most versatile I have ever found in an kontakt instrument. Easy if you want it easy but the depths (if you want to dive deep) are endless. Have never tried (cause I stay in shallow water) but I would think you can do 90 % of the stuff in catanya, nora, b-step, cthulhu.....the same inside SEQui2R. And I think you maybe would not (of course depending on music style) like to open more then 2 or maybe 3 instances of SEQui2R in a project and that works with my modest pc, so it should work for you with nearly the same.

tatanka wrote:Hi aidanodr,

I have an i-3 too with 8GB RAM, so that works BUT I have to admit: was definitely my reason to finally make the step from 32 bit daw to 64 bit, with 32 bit daw and the max 4GB limit you can definitely forget it.

Loading time is long of course, but not longer then something from east west with play :hihi:

The point is: the functionallity goes far beyond nearly all kontakt "libraries" I know, the sequencer is the most versatile I have ever found in an kontakt instrument. Easy if you want it easy but the depths (if you want to dive deep) are endless. Have never tried (cause I stay in shallow water) but I would think you can do 90 % of the stuff in catanya, nora, b-step, cthulhu.....the same inside SEQui2R. And I think you maybe would not (of course depending on music style) like to open more then 2 or maybe 3 instances of SEQui2R in a project and that works with my modest pc, so it should work for you with nearly the same.
I was on my way to get SEQui2R until someone suggested to get the synth version (which retains 99% of the current version)....now I'm in a dilemma. :help:

SEQui2R is sounding even more appealing to me now after you mentioned it does 90% of what Catanya & Cthulhu does (I have both). BTW, I'm a guitarist and always looking for something that will help get song ideas/phrases down quickly without much effort.

Anyway Tatanka, what are your thoughts on the synth version vs. the non-synth (which also includes a bundled library deal)? Of note I generally just tweak presets in synths/instruments and haven't designed my own patches/samples etc....so, I don't know if I need the synth as well as not sure if the synth version is a "better and updated product" than the sequencer version. Any :help: would be greatly appreciated. :)

Sequi2r uses samples (including guitars, bells, keys, etc) as the oscillators. To me, that's more interesting than using the usual waveforms that are included in the synth version.

Hi sticky wicket,

I totally agree to jsp1979, SEQui2R 1.2 thats the real stuff (at least for me) !

I think there even was a deal about the synth version when you already have SEQui2R but after listening to a few sounds I was really not interested. I think the power of the sequencer really comes to this unique sound WITH the great samples used. There are so many synths and synth soundbanks out there......

And as I said: if you need a nice lead guitar, turn the sequencer off or on (as you like) and you would have something that at least sounds good. To be honest I am a little dissatisfied with these devellopment line (synth version, extensions so far) I had the expectation that the extensions would go more into the "real instrument" direction or into something more unique.

And by the way: theres enough (again for me :hihi: ) "synth" stuff in the SEQui2R version already, so you wont miss that for merging sounds.

Thanks once again Tatanka and also jsp1979!! Agree, there's a lot of synths out there and I have a lot (more than I need)Alchemy is my fav.

Just purchased SEQui2r 1.2 with the Raw Vintage Synths Expansion (now I got the synth too :lol: ).....will most likely get the Bells expansion at some point.

I really appreciate you making the OP and giving all this feedback, very helpful .....have a few (dz.) virtual beers on me!! :tu: :hihi:
Cheers!!

Congrats, R!

Just a bump as its on sale

http://vstbuzz.com/deals/70-off-sequi2r ... ebb1dcc01d

The version on is sale the VST plugin not the Kontakt lib

edited as after last night I shouldn't be allowed to operate a KVR account,
let alone heavy machinery
Last edited by VariKusBrainZ on Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Ähmm......after all I have written in here about not needing the Sequi2R Synth.........just bought it :oops:
Just cant resist for that prize and after all I am sure to find some sounds for me, their stuff is absolutely great :D

Sorry VarikusBrainZ I have to correct:
-there is NO VST-Version, this is a Kontakt (synth) library too like all their stuff

VariKusBrainZ wrote:The version on is sale the VST plugin not the Kontakt lib
It says on the page:

"Requires FULL VERSION of NI KONTAKT 5.5. It is not compatible with the Free NI Kontakt Player."

tatanka wrote:Ähmm......after all I have written in here about not needing the Sequi2R Synth.........just bought it :oops:
Just cant resist for that prize and after all I am sure to find some sounds for me, their stuff is absolutely great :D

Sorry VarikusBrainZ I have to correct:
-there is NO VST-Version, this is a Kontakt (synth) library too like all their stuff
Thanks for clarifying, I don't understand why there are 2 versions then, other than the other one having a massive library of samples.

I'm interested but just for the sequencer, as its Kontakt it can output the midi :tu:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Hi VarikuSBrainz,

as far as I have understood while Sequi2R Ex (and the now new more "easy to use" and with more specialized soundsets Vesper and Abstrung) are really sample libraries with great functionality addon (mainly the extraordinary sequencer with all its functions) Sequi2R Synth should really built up a full synth in kontakt only relying on waveforms, no samples.

So from the intention it is for synthheads trying to tinker their own sounds with all the synth-functionalities Kontakt has to offer AND the sequencer functions you would not find anywhere else.

So if you just intend to use the sequencer I think you will be fine with EVRY version of Audiofier so this might be the cheapest options to get hands on :D

Heads up - Sequi2r Synth is just €19 at Vstbuzz right now! I just picked it up and I'm already having a great time with the cool sequencer. For this price it's a steal!

Return to “Instruments”