Download the new expandable FREE version of SampleTank 3 for Mac/PC

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank 3

@ Peter: Are the midi files in the beats series individual files
that can be used in any daw/sequencer etc?
Cheers

glokraw wrote:@ Peter: Are the midi files in the beats series individual files
Cheers
In SampleTank 3, you can drag MIDI patterns into the timeline of your DAW to play or further edit them from there.

...and for 32bit users?

piattica wrote:...and for 32bit users?
Do you want to start that discussion again :roll:

piattica wrote:...and for 32bit users?
As with other audio software like the latest version of certain DAWs, technology is moving forward and you can continue to use the previous version on your 32-bit system (without the new features or sounds of ST3 of course) or if you upgrade to 64-bit you can use SampleTank 3 at that time. The previous version and its libraries didn't stop working on 32-bit systems when SampleTank 3 was released.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Cheers
In SampleTank 3, you can drag MIDI patterns into the timeline of your DAW to play or further edit them from there.
To be more precise, I want to know if the midi files are 'unattached',
able to be used as desired, without SampleTank3 running?
Cheers

^^^^
Yes. Well I can drag them into my DAWs and use them there without ST3.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

themachinelt wrote:Congratulations!

Tho its pretty ignorant to not fix the ram issue ive been adressing to support for few times and here aswel.

Yes about the one that in FL Studio it shows that 1 instance takes 1 gigabyte of ram.
Please continue to work with support, as they've alerted you in your ticket to the following two important items:
#1 - FL Studio does not report RAM, it reports memory address space
#2 - Test the readings with Task Manager, and you will see the true results

The more detailed method of testing this more precisely is there (also below) and they have requested your results as testing (yes, we do "even install FL Studio" to answer the question from another thread) has found consistent results like these:
0 - Close down all and any open programs
1 - Open Task Manager
2 - Open SampleTank 3 Standalone
3 - View the MEMORY (Private Working Set) in Task Manager and see what it reports for SampleTank 3. Write this down; // My reading is 259,368 KB (or 253.3 MB)

4 - Close down SampleTank 3
5 - Open FL Studio 12 (64-bit)
6 - View the MEMORY (Private Working Set) in Task Manager and see what it reports for FL Studio. Write this down; // My reading is 38,252 KB (or 37.4 MB)
7 - Insert SampleTank 3 as VST3 into your FL Studio Project
8 - View the MEMORY (Private Working Set) in Task Manager and see what it reports now. Write this down; // My reading is 301,068 KB (or 294.0 MB)

We can conclude that FL Studio with SampleTank 3.6 inserted is a total of 301,068 KB.
FL Studio 12 takes up 38,252 KB so then we can say that SampleTank 3.6 inserted adds 262,816 KB (or 256.6 MB)
It appears to be a hair over 25% of what you are reporting RAM-wise. Support can review any results you get, especially if you see a discrepancy when following the exact steps above.

This free version should be able to load st2x files. I have libraries purchased to use with the old free version. It would get me on board to buy new libraries if I could actually use what I already have.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

themachinelt wrote:Congratulations!

Tho its pretty ignorant to not fix the ram issue ive been adressing to support for few times and here aswel.

Yes about the one that in FL Studio it shows that 1 instance takes 1 gigabyte of ram.
Please continue to work with support, as they've alerted you in your ticket to the following two important items:
#1 - FL Studio does not report RAM, it reports memory address space
#2 - Test the readings with Task Manager, and you will see the true results

The more detailed method of testing this more precisely is there (also below) and they have requested your results as testing (yes, we do "even install FL Studio" to answer the question from another thread) has found consistent results like these:
0 - Close down all and any open programs
1 - Open Task Manager
2 - Open SampleTank 3 Standalone
3 - View the MEMORY (Private Working Set) in Task Manager and see what it reports for SampleTank 3. Write this down; // My reading is 259,368 KB (or 253.3 MB)

4 - Close down SampleTank 3
5 - Open FL Studio 12 (64-bit)
6 - View the MEMORY (Private Working Set) in Task Manager and see what it reports for FL Studio. Write this down; // My reading is 38,252 KB (or 37.4 MB)
7 - Insert SampleTank 3 as VST3 into your FL Studio Project
8 - View the MEMORY (Private Working Set) in Task Manager and see what it reports now. Write this down; // My reading is 301,068 KB (or 294.0 MB)

We can conclude that FL Studio with SampleTank 3.6 inserted is a total of 301,068 KB.
FL Studio 12 takes up 38,252 KB so then we can say that SampleTank 3.6 inserted adds 262,816 KB (or 256.6 MB)
It appears to be a hair over 25% of what you are reporting RAM-wise. Support can review any results you get, especially if you see a discrepancy when following the exact steps above.
Thanks!

Sorry, it was my mistake, i mistaken allocated memory with ram. Sorry again for making a mess :)

glokraw wrote:
Cheers
To be more precise, I want to know if the midi files are 'unattached',
able to be used as desired, without SampleTank3 running?
Cheers
If you navigate in your OS file manager to the folder containing your ST3 content, you can directly grab the midi files without ever loading ST3.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

The free version now imports legacy libraries:

"SampleTank 3 CS now provides the ability to import and play instruments from legacy, 32-bit VIs such as SampleMoog, Sonik Synth 2 and SampleTron into SampleTank 3’s contemporary 64-bit architecture. Legacy libraries such as the Xpansion Tank series are also easily imported. This welcome feature now lets users incorporate their legacy sounds into their modern production workflow while providing full editing and effects manipulation for further creative sound design and exploration"

http://rekkerd.org/ik-multimedia-releas ... tank-3-cs/

Very cool. I have SE from owning a iRig Pro but this is nice for people who want to use ST sounds in a 64-bit host.

jsp1979 wrote:The free version now imports legacy libraries
Wow, just checking calendar that it isn't April 1st :o

This is just awesome :tu:

I was thinking about buying an iRig Controller to get Sample Tank 3 full Version to be able to continue using old libs I got.

But I dunno the need for that now, except the New stuff that Sample Tank 3 full Version ships With, what else has it got that the CS Version has'nt

Awesome
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Instruments”