App for checking plugin versions?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Could someone please remind me the name of that really useful application that checks all of your installed plugins and tells you if it's the latest version or not?

Thanks

PluginUpdate by Kazrog
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Thanks Burillo, much appreciated.

It seems he's pondering whether to continue or not. I really hope he does as it's a really useful application.

KVR seems to have the best plug-in database. They should make available some kind of API to allow 3rd party developers make more products like PluginUpdate.

George wrote:KVR seems to have the best plug-in database. They should make available some kind of API to allow 3rd party developers make more products like PluginUpdate.
Yep, KVR is the best way that I'm aware of to keep track of updates. It's unfortunate however that not every developer is updating it whenever there's a new version.

I was reading the threads about Apple's sandboxing, App Store and Propellerheads' Rack Extensions. Although a closed system such as these restricts the developers, you have to admit that it's very useful for the end users. I just installed Reason on my old Mac and it took me ten minutes including installing all the Rack Extensions. One button on the Propellerheads site (sync all) downloads then later updates everything. This will take me a lot longer to download and install VSTs and AUs from individual developers' website.

I think it would be great if there was a central repository that stores ALL developers plugins that is constantly updated. Notifications can be sent to the end user when there's an update and a user area can list your 'watched' plugins, current versions and comparison of versions installed.

It could be a subscription service to pay for upkeep

auricle wrote:I was reading the threads about Apple's sandboxing, App Store and Propellerheads' Rack Extensions. Although a closed system such as these restricts the developers, you have to admit that it's very useful for the end users. I just installed Reason on my old Mac and it took me ten minutes including installing all the Rack Extensions. One button on the Propellerheads site (sync all) downloads then later updates everything. This will take me a lot longer to download and install VSTs and AUs from individual developers' website.

I think it would be great if there was a central repository that stores ALL developers plugins that is constantly updated. Notifications can be sent to the end user when there's an update and a user area can list your 'watched' plugins, current versions and comparison of versions installed.

It could be a subscription service to pay for upkeep
And maybe include a free head basher... a guy that stands behind you with a bat, an when you check your Facebook while making music.... :dog:

Keep your DRM and closed systems; I'll just have my minimum of effort and self discipline. :idea:

Return to “Instruments”