Synth1 Banks

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just installed Synth1 on my new laptop. I did it the same way I've installed it for years. I pointed it to my banks folder which contains hundreds of banks in alphabetical order.

When I browse the banks in Synth1 the banks are not ordered alphabetically. They are ordered by the number of characters in their filename. The first files showing up "jf1, etc" only have 3 characters. The next files in order have four characters "DrFx, etc". If you look at this picture you'll see what I mean. :dog: How did this happen? This is a brand new laptop and I haven't touched any settings.

This is logical without reason. Perhaps the strangest error I've seen on Windows in my life, and that's saying something. What happened and how do I change it to alphabetical order!?!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Maybe in the actual folder they are in select "sort by name" ? That's a long shot I know.......

I should have named my banks just T............. :lol:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

That's the first thing I checked in the home directory in Windows Explorer they are sorted alphabetically. It's just Synth1 that gets it wrong. And it only gets it wrong on one of my three computers. The other two work fine. Here's a screen capture from a computer that gets it right. And they are all using the same setting.

I must have done something wrong?? But this problem is happening on a clean new install.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

In my synth1 i have a .zip called patches.zip in the zipbank folder, inside the patches.zip are the "unpacked" directories with .syx files, so it's directories + a single zip (and not zips within a zip). Could be that the unpacker gets confused by this somehow..

Another guess, your laptop has some strange global language setting? Very strange problem indeed!

Return to “Instruments”