Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

What's up at Plogue?

User avatar
stardustmedia
KVRian
 
1479 posts since 12 Dec, 2012, from Switzerland

Postby stardustmedia; Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:14 am Re: What's up at Plogue?

I still have Daisy and I just re-installed it the other day, when I installed it with Bones. It worked, although I haven't tested Daisy by playing it.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat
User avatar
HiEnergy
KVRian
 
778 posts since 19 Jun, 2006, from Berlin, Germany

Postby HiEnergy; Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:49 am Re: What's up at Plogue?

The old Daisy will sing for you... but she gets amnesiac.
In the new version of Alter Ego Daisy will be recognized as unlicensed and therefore won't save its state.
At least that's what happened to me.

EDIT: Problem solved!
stardustmedia wrote:I still have Daisy and I just re-installed it the other day, when I installed it with Bones. It worked, although I haven't tested Daisy by playing it.
Last edited by HiEnergy on Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feel the energy...
https://hearthis.at/hienergy/
User avatar
Vortifex
KVRist
 
282 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Postby Vortifex; Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:03 am Re: What's up at Plogue?

HiEnergy wrote:The old Daisy will sing for you... but she gets amnesiac.
In the new version of Alter Ego Daisy will be recognized as unlicensed and therefore won't save its state.
At least that's what happened to me.


Good to know. Seems I reinstalled mine just before Daisy was taken out. Don't think I'll be updating it anytime soon.
User avatar
sqigls
KVRAF
 
2159 posts since 24 Dec, 2004, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby sqigls; Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:37 am Re: What's up at Plogue?

Plogue explanation?
davidv@plogue
KVRian
 
548 posts since 2 Aug, 2001, from Montreal

Postby davidv@plogue; Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:09 am Re: What's up at Plogue?

sqigls wrote:Plogue explanation?


The Daisy 1.070 that is floating around is the PIRATE release. (The bank file is NOT digitally signed) That one doesn't obviously work with our latest builds.
Please respect the wishes of the author of the sound bank that asked us to remove it.

If you somehow have a backup of the original release, it should still work, and good for you I guess, but please do not ask us for support.

Kind Regards, and sorry for something that is, truly out of our hands.
David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
https://twitter.com/plgDavid
mcbpete
KVRian
 
622 posts since 24 Jun, 2006, from London, England

Postby mcbpete; Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:11 am Re: What's up at Plogue?

Nice to see pirates still freely outing themselves like this :D
User avatar
stardustmedia
KVRian
 
1479 posts since 12 Dec, 2012, from Switzerland

Postby stardustmedia; Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:16 am Re: What's up at Plogue?

davidv@plogue wrote:
sqigls wrote:Plogue explanation?


The Daisy 1.070 that is floating around is the PIRATE release. (The bank file is NOT digitally signed) That one doesn't obviously work with our latest builds.
Please respect the wishes of the author of the sound bank that asked us to remove it.

If you somehow have a backup of the original release, it should still work, and good for you I guess, but please do not ask us for support.

Kind Regards, and sorry for something that is, truly out of our hands.


Glad I keep backups of old versions (I guess I'd need to install an old version of chipspeech for that as well, right?. Otherwise I'd be screwed when I want to open an old project.

I respect such wishes, sure. Nevertheless I find it shitty, to give it first away for free, then you revoke the license, so user won't be able to load old sessions anymore (if they install the update).
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat
davidv@plogue
KVRian
 
548 posts since 2 Aug, 2001, from Montreal

Postby davidv@plogue; Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:27 am Re: What's up at Plogue?

stardustmedia wrote:I respect such wishes, sure. Nevertheless I find it shitty, to give it first away for free, then you revoke the license, so user won't be able to load old sessions anymore (if they install the update).


We have not purposely broken existing installs.
If you have a legit backup of it, it should... still...work.

Note, please use Alter/Ego for it, not chipspeech. The 'overlap' is now unsupported.

Kind Regards.
David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
https://twitter.com/plgDavid
User avatar
HiEnergy
KVRian
 
778 posts since 19 Jun, 2006, from Berlin, Germany

Postby HiEnergy; Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:29 am Re: What's up at Plogue?

I've already restored my Alter Ego installation to a state with Alter Ego 1.505 and no Daisy, will try to install Daisy again later.
The file I'm going to install from is Daisy_v1.zip from 2015-09-09 containing files from 2015-09-02. The checksum of the zip file is SHA1:b00132d5bcf78343a834d399b2a9f040afbdfccb.
No pirated files here, no idea what went wrong with my installation.
Feel the energy...
https://hearthis.at/hienergy/
mcbpete
KVRian
 
622 posts since 24 Jun, 2006, from London, England

Postby mcbpete; Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:30 am Re: What's up at Plogue?

davidv@plogue wrote:
stardustmedia wrote:If you have a legit backup of it, it should... still...work..
Yep, just tried it and all fine with the new build, saves all your parameters on reloading a project

HiEnergy wrote:I've already restored my Alter Ego installation to a state with Alter Ego 1.505 and no Daisy, will try to install Daisy again later.
The file I'm going to install from is Daisy_v1.zip from 2015-09-09 containing files from 2015-09-02. The checksum of the zip file is SHA1:b00132d5bcf78343a834d399b2a9f040afbdfccb.
No pirated files here, no idea what went wrong with my installation.
Just looking at my version for comparison, I've actually got a file in the GUI subfolder dated 10th September, but the bulk of the files seem to be the 24th or 28th August
Last edited by mcbpete on Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
davidv@plogue
KVRian
 
548 posts since 2 Aug, 2001, from Montreal

Postby davidv@plogue; Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:32 am Re: What's up at Plogue?

HiEnergy wrote:I've already restored my Alter Ego installation to a state with Alter Ego 1.505 and no Daisy, will try to install Daisy again later.
The file I'm going to install from is Daisy_v1.zip from 2015-09-09 containing files from 2015-09-02. The checksum of the zip file is SHA1:b00132d5bcf78343a834d399b2a9f040afbdfccb.
No pirated files here, no idea what went wrong with my installation.


What error does it say?
David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
https://twitter.com/plgDavid
User avatar
HiEnergy
KVRian
 
778 posts since 19 Jun, 2006, from Berlin, Germany

Postby HiEnergy; Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:33 pm Re: What's up at Plogue?

davidv@plogue wrote:What error does it say?


I wasn't able to reproduce the error. Fortunately with a clean install I managed to get things up and running.
Finally Daisy works nicely side by side with Bones. Great. :)
Thank you!
Feel the energy...
https://hearthis.at/hienergy/
User avatar
sqigls
KVRAF
 
2159 posts since 24 Dec, 2004, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby sqigls; Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:24 pm Re: What's up at Plogue?

davidv@plogue wrote:
sqigls wrote:Plogue explanation?


The Daisy 1.070 that is floating around is the PIRATE release. (The bank file is NOT digitally signed) That one doesn't obviously work with our latest builds.
Please respect the wishes of the author of the sound bank that asked us to remove it.

If you somehow have a backup of the original release, it should still work, and good for you I guess, but please do not ask us for support.

Kind Regards, and sorry for something that is, truly out of our hands.

I hope the author will change their mind.
I don't mean to irritate you by bringing this up again sorry, it's just quite strange.
I downloaded this "pirate" release from your website, it's just not digitally signed? that is why you refer to it as "pirate"?
mcbpete
KVRian
 
622 posts since 24 Jun, 2006, from London, England

Postby mcbpete; Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:54 am Re: What's up at Plogue?

Nah, David's saying there's a version if you google 'Daisy 1.070' that points to dodgy places either giving it away or (even worse) selling it for about $10. The 'legit' version should come with a License.rtf dated '09/09/15 13:19' and a readme.txt opening with 'Daisy for chipspeech and Alter/Ego is an "ARIA Engine" bank and does not come with an installer v1.0 September 8th 2015'

Just looking at the site on archive dot org's Wayback Machine it seems the version number is just 1.0 rather than 1.070
User avatar
sqigls
KVRAF
 
2159 posts since 24 Dec, 2004, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby sqigls; Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:03 am Re: What's up at Plogue?

i see, thanks for the explanation.
mine is 09/09/15 12:19 but yeah, i think was just a zip or rar file?

and i'm assuming that somebody involved in the Daisy project had some creative differences with Plogue that led to it being removed from the site? anyway, i feel lucky, she's fun to play with :)
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments