Modelonia 2.0 Public Beta stage #2. Download here

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

New release : Modelonia 2.0 Beta (version 1.992)
it's a public beta :
- fully functional, expires on 25/11/2015
- 359 updated presets included
- many many bugs fixed in this 1.992 update
- new large skin for bigger screens
- 50 pages pdf manual updated too

free to download and use for any PC or Mac user. AU and VST, 32-bit and 64-bit are included.

Before using the plugin please read the "Must_Read_This_Before_Using_The_Synth.rtf" file incuded in the zip and here below.
Download link at this page Download link at this page

Please read these info before using the Modelonia 2.0 Beta (version 1.992):

- the beta is fully functional, you can save and load single presets (XML
files) using the "save" and "load" buttons on the Modelonia GUI, but the
plugin doesn't save its state (parmeters setting and preset) in the project
song of your host. So if you use Modelonia 2.0 Beta to make a track make sure
to save the preset you tweaked to a new XML file using the "save" button, you
may want to name the preset with the same name of your track so when you load
the project song again you know which preset to load. Or simply render to
audio (or freeze) the track before closing your host. Remember that all MIDI
links to parameters are saved in the preset too.

- the beta will expire on day 25/11/2015, but probably we will release a fresh
new beta before that date to extend the time you can freely use it, that
depends on the bugs reported.

- the included 359 presets are all new, even the ones with the same name of
the previous beta, so if you installed an earlier Modelonia 2.0 beta you must
replace all the files. That means: please delete the old Modelonia 2.0 beta
files before installing this 1.992 versions. But if you modfiied or made new
presets please make a backup and then save them again taking care of not using
the same names of the presets included in this 1.992. Windows users can
simply delete the whole Modelonia folder in their "VstPlugins" Mac users must
delete the files and folder at these location:
<your home directory>/Library/Audio/Presets/Modelonia

(From Terminal.app, you can run the following command: rm -r ~/Library/Audio/Presets/Modelonia)

Note: the installer should completely replace the installed plugins, so you
don't need to remove the plugins themselves.

- please read the included PDF manual, it's very very useful.

- you are invited to reported any issue, bug, or comments about your
experience with Modelonia 2.0 beta, you can write to nusofting{AT}liqihsynth.com
or write a message in our KVR forum. Please always
include the specifications of your setup, host brand and version, OS version,
the more the info you can provide the easier we could track the issues.

- demo tracks are very welcome, but they must be not longer
than one minute and encoded as MP3, 192 kbps preferred. Also OGG files are
accepted. And if you want to share some great presets you made for Modelonia
we are happy to try to them. We set five full licenses of Modelonia 2.0 as
prize for the best tracks or presets we will receive. Branis (GUI designer),
Bernie (Mac programmer), and I will choose the winners once the release of
Modelonia 2.0 will be ready. Please send you tracks as link to download to
nusofting{AT}liqihsynth.com, or as attachment to lqhminei{AT}alice.it

Many thanks for your collaboration.

Thanks for this one, will try demo! :tu:
yzcoruhT

I see this has a new preset format (well revisited as xml was used in the previous beta years ago - I even made a bunch of patches in it that I'm pleased to see are still included) - However, is there any way to rescue all the presets I made in fxb format? I have 3 or 4 banks full and some I don't want to lose like my sitar patches (also I have some lovely patches by Tim Conrardy I would like to rescue). I realise some may not sound the same but those I can hopefully recreate.

aMUSEd wrote:I see this has a new preset format (well revisited as xml was used in the previous beta years ago - I even made a bunch of patches in it that I'm pleased to see are still included) - However, is there any way to rescue all the presets I made in fxb format? I have 3 or 4 banks full and some I don't want to lose like my sitar patches (also I have some lovely patches by Tim Conrardy I would like to rescue). I realise some may not sound the same but those I can hopefully recreate.
Absolutely yes, you need a VST host, then load the fxb in Modelonia 2.0 VST and save the presets in single xml one by one,
(or you can send the banks to me and I will try a batch conversion)

BTW you patches are really good I hope you can do more,

Note there's a know issue in this beta: if XM knobs are turned to full and sub osc turned on then the audio overflow,
but usually you NEVER set both XM knobs to full, it's an exagerate feedback, I will put a limiter in the next update
Last edited by liqih on Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I just noticed that it has high latency.
yzcoruhT

Thanks - I'll try that - I also have have a lot saved as Kore patches so maybe I can load those too?

U-o wrote:I just noticed that it has high latency.
do you mean to start the sound on note on events? Some brass sounds do take some milliseconds to start resonating.

aMUSEd wrote:Thanks - I'll try that - I also have have a lot saved as Kore patches so maybe I can load those too?
I haven't tried this beta in Kore yet, if you do your feedback is very welcome

liqih wrote:
do you mean to start the sound on note on events? Some brass sounds do take some milliseconds to start resonating.

Yes, exactly.
yzcoruhT

U-o wrote:
liqih wrote:

Yes, exactly.
Making patches for Modelonia a trick to anticipate the attack phase on brass and similars is to mix in, via XM knob, some punch from the String resonator which reacts faster. Please let me know if you notice that difference among presets.

Thanks

Thanks for help, Liqih. It's better now. Nice synth, BTW...
yzcoruhT

Thanks for comments U-o.

Some sound demos, very simple and short stuff.

Short example of some Modelonia 2.0 presets:
- xylophone
- nylon stringed guitar
- synth strings
- synth voices
- bells

(the darabukka percussions are samples from DK+)
http://dashsignature.com/mp3/synthesize ... %2B%2B.mp3

Here one more,
I made this to check the note on sync to a simple drums pattern,
some other orchestral and synth presets:

http://dashsignature.com/mp3/synthesize ... _drums.mp3

Hi Luigi,

seems I have the same problem with self made presets in mulab then the guy in Ableton.

As long as I use the factory presets (like in the song I sent to you as part of contest) evrything fine and they are saved with the song in Mulab.

But yesterday the whole evening I was starting modulating the presets as I told and today evrything was gone :-(((((. I have saved my changed presets in a separate folder, could that be the problem ? Do they need to be in a special (modelonia subfolder ?) folder ? But as long as I was just working on them yesteday evrything was fine and evry preset was where it should be.

If I have to start it all new evryday I will never finish the song, I will not even remember which preset was in which part of modelonia in the racks :-(((.

Hope there is a solution and I just did something wrong with preset saving.

EDIT: just tried again, copied in the modelonia presets folder, loaded my presets again, saved rack, saved project, opened, evrything gone :-(

EDITII: Thought I might find a way if I load them again when the presets are in modelonia under "other" that works for a while but right now evrything is totally messy, modelonia just dices my new presets, the bass is now in the flute rack etc.....really dont know how to go on, presets management seems still not wo work really

Kind regards,

Richard

New large skin is great !
Thanks

Hi Richard tatanka,

sorry for the hassle with song saving, but I wrote everywhere that the Modelonia 2.0 beta
does not save the machine state in the song project, but it does save and load single presets.

To make a song with this beta, it's easier and better to stick to the factory presets
(there are 359 now covering a wide range of sounds) and use host automation
to tweak them. So the changes to the presets will be saved in the song file
of you DAW as automation values or curves.

An even easier way is to freeze the tracks with Modelonia beta as soon as you got the right sound.

But you can also make and save your own presets, and reload them when you open the song.
You did right saving your own tweaked presets in a separate folder,
just it seems that you missed to name them after the instances locations where they need to be reloaded.
As I wrote, with this public beta plugin the state is not saved in the song project, it's a minimum protection
against warez.

So let's say you really want to save your own custom presets in files, good! But because of public beta limitations
you need to write down where you used them in a song project,
and when you reload the song in your DAW you have to take care to load each custom preset for each instance of Modelonia beta you song uses.
Not a big job, imagine you have 8 instances of Modelonia beta in song, each using you custom presets,
well just load the song and then open the 8 instances GUIs one by one and load the XML file you saved. Here is where you need
to name your custom presets after the location of the instance, E.G. "track 1 slot 2".
Again this is only a public beta protection, the Modelonia 2.0 release will NOT have these limitations.

Thanks,

Luigi

Return to “Instruments”