UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Anyone know if it's possible to control the Resolution of the Step Line or Arpeggiator with a modulation source?

Thanks!
Jacob

Feature request: Switch off the loop function in the stepenvelope:

I use the step envelope for wavesequencing and wants to create occasional sequences that are only once played. Is it possible to install a stop function in the step envelope?

jacobh wrote:Anyone know if it's possible to control the Resolution of the Step Line or Arpeggiator with a modulation source?
Nop.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

Would be great to be able to toggle looping of the step envelope. It could be another entry in the Retrigger dropdown - oneshot :)

maximoog wrote:Feature request: Switch off the loop function in the stepenvelope:

I use the step envelope for wavesequencing and wants to create occasional sequences that are only once played. Is it possible to install a stop function in the step envelope?
Not possible right now, but you can easily achieve the same thing using the multi envelope which allows to not have looping.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

otristan wrote:
maximoog wrote:Feature request: Switch off the loop function in the stepenvelope:

Not possible right now, but you can easily achieve the same thing using the multi envelope which allows to not have looping.
Thank you. I will try it.

I am in the process of building a complex patch. Currently 350 key groups, macro is fully loaded. The problem is when I add another part and load a second instance of the same patch I get no response from the macros. It’s like none of my assignments are there and just plays the default sound. When I open another instance of falcon and load that patch everything is fine. I tried the same thing on another computer with the same results

Edit
Trying to figure this out I noticed that only a few macros aren't responsive. In particular I mapped ON/OFF sample osc modulation to a macro w/mod envelope which rotates between the different sample osc keygroups. Also I lose all adsr macro modulation . What's weird is that I have thorus ON/OFF macro which works but the delay ON/OFF macro , feedback and timing doesn't. The compressor has control and portamento does . Arpegiator ON/OFF doesn't work but the step sequencer ON/OFF Does as well as the speed. I check all the mappings and it says it's assigned and when I rotate the value knob at the bottom right corner it works just not the macro

I'd suggest packing that patch up and sending it to UVI support :)

Yep, this would be the only way to debug this.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

Check this out. You can map keys to parameters in Falcon with the Mapper Editor. I used this to give each key its own unique filter cut off frequency. Useful for recreating the sound of other synths up to the harmonic.

Dúnedain

Yep, modmapper can be used in all sorts of ways.

Any chance of getting more trigger modes added such as the ones listed below? Unless i'm missing something and someone can point out a way of currently setting these up in Falcon. I use these a lot with my Emu samplers, would be great to have something similar in Falcon. :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

FYI: yesterday I released another sample- and sound library from my Falcon Singles-series, the HANG (pentatonic percussion instrument), check it out here.

So, does anyone know if Falcon is still under development, are we going to see any exciting updates any time soon?
Thanks!

Return to “Instruments”