Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
dangayle
KVRist

415 posts since 29 Mar, 2014

Postby dangayle; Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:08 am Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.4 released

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:Can someone tell me if you can apply a loop region with fade in/out using the stretch oscillator, like you can with the normal sample osc?

No, crossfade looping is only available in the normal sampling oscillator, not in any of the granular oscs (timestretching = granular synthesis). HALion is the only instrument I know of which can apply crossfade looping even in granular synthesis mode.

I second this question. How can we make an official feature request? Just send an email to customer service?
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

13484 posts since 12 Oct, 2008, from Here and there

Postby Sampleconstruct; Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:26 am Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.4 released

epiphaneia wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Caine123 wrote:
3 days left to get Simon's xps for sale!

Which sale? Not mine...

Maybe he implied that such a sale would be a great plan to coincide with the Falcon sale (who wouldn´t want to spend the money "saved" on Falcon on a few high-end soundbanks?) 8)

Nice try :wink:
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

Postby Sampleconstruct; Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:28 am Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.4 released

dangayle wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:Can someone tell me if you can apply a loop region with fade in/out using the stretch oscillator, like you can with the normal sample osc?

No, crossfade looping is only available in the normal sampling oscillator, not in any of the granular oscs (timestretching = granular synthesis). HALion is the only instrument I know of which can apply crossfade looping even in granular synthesis mode.

I second this question. How can we make an official feature request? Just send an email to customer service?

Yes:
https://support.uvi.net/hc/en-us/requests/new?
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

Postby Sampleconstruct; Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:30 am Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.4 released

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Granular, scrub, stretch, it's all based on the same principle of granular synthesis and the UVI devs obviously haven't found a method yet to implement crossfade looping in their granular algorithms. Stretch mode allows for normal looping though, just right click into the sample and create a loop, then set loop start/end.

Oh ok, well that's something. But it seems like that would be prone to clicks or distinct jumps in the sound. What would be better would be a direction control so that it could reverse at a certain point, so you could use an lfo to back and forth. I know you can do that with the granular osc, not sure about the stretch osc though, didn't see a control for that.

The stretch oscillator only allows for modulation of sample start and sample speed. Just use one of the granular oscillators.
epiphaneia
KVRist

394 posts since 29 May, 2011, from Germany

Postby epiphaneia; Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:46 am Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.4 released

Sampleconstruct wrote:
epiphaneia wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Caine123 wrote:
3 days left to get Simon's xps for sale!

Which sale? Not mine...

Maybe he implied that such a sale would be a great plan to coincide with the Falcon sale (who wouldn´t want to spend the money "saved" on Falcon on a few high-end soundbanks?) 8)

Nice try :wink:

:phones:

btw, Ether Fields is -I expected no less, actually- great work!
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

Postby Sampleconstruct; Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:50 am Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.4 released

epiphaneia wrote:
:phones:

btw, Ether Fields is -I expected no less, actually- great work!

Thank you.
David
KVRist

231 posts since 5 Jan, 2003, from Brookings, OR

Postby David; Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:36 pm Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.4 released

Not getting any action from multi-envelop curves from dragged-in audio. The curve appears but no red dot, and no movement on the target. Factory presets work great… Ideas?

TIA
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

Postby Sampleconstruct; Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:49 pm Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.4 released

David wrote:Not getting any action from multi-envelop curves from dragged-in audio. The curve appears but no red dot, and no movement on the target. Factory presets work great… Ideas?

TIA

Hard to tell without a preset/video/screenshot, most probably you haven't assigned the envelope on the correct tree/hierarchy level (keygroup level for polyphonic modulation -> re-treiggering/per voice, layer level for monophonic). Maybe my tutorial on modulation assignments helps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQNZrPDjtzw&t=54s
SJ_Digriz
KVRAF

5135 posts since 4 Jul, 2001, from either Northern Idaho or Southern Canada, still trying to figure out which

Postby SJ_Digriz; Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:57 pm Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.4 released

David wrote:Not getting any action from multi-envelop curves from dragged-in audio. The curve appears but no red dot, and no movement on the target. Factory presets work great… Ideas?

TIA

I had a similar issue, I ended up picking a preset then dragging in the file. Then the new file seems to work. I'm also experiencing hard crashes with some MIDI files.
The trick is to realize there is no spoon. That's when you'll know you have been truly swindled.
jancivil
KVRAF

13250 posts since 20 Oct, 2007, from No Location

Postby jancivil; Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:09 pm Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.4 released

SJ_Digriz wrote:
jancivil wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote: But, it would be nice if the CC assignment for macros was saved with the patch as an option.

You can hard-wire CCs in the modulation assignment, that way they will be saved with the patch (in opposition to assigning CCs to Macros via right click).
It's not life/death.

And, since I work primarily in Cubase and VEP, doing automation mapping to my controller has not been a huge issue, other than the macro configurations being slightly annoying.

So it exposes all automatable parameters to VE Pro?

Like ED said, you use the host mapper function of VEP.

actually "first need to decide which parameters will be exposed to the host" was his statement. Which afaic didn't answer the question. So_I_asked.
In VE Pro, you open the map and the list of [exposed] parameters (in things I worked with so far, that means all of them) appears in the assignment slot for 'Parameter x (or MIDI channel x/channel x). So it appears they are all exposed to VE Pro. I do not have to decide which ones are exposed to it. I don't know what Cubase does for instance, except it gives a list of 'Parameter 1 through... 256' maybe.
David
KVRist

Postby David; Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:14 pm Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.4 released

SJ_Digriz wrote:

TIA

I had a similar issue, I ended up picking a preset then dragging in the file. Then the new file seems to work. I'm also experiencing hard crashes with some MIDI files.

Thanks, that seems to have worked:)
David
KVRist

Postby David; Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:16 pm Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.4 released

Sampleconstruct wrote:

TIA

Hard to tell without a preset/video/screenshot, most probably you haven't assigned the envelope on the correct tree/hierarchy level (keygroup level for polyphonic modulation -> re-treiggering/per voice, layer level for monophonic). Maybe my tutorial on modulation assignments helps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQNZrPDjtzw&t=54s

Well, that's certainly helped on many levels, thank you!
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

Postby Sampleconstruct; Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:57 pm Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.4 released

Processing one of my tom loops (running in tempo-synced stretch-mode) with a multi-envelope controlled HP filter (and other things) in UVI Falcon, the envelope sequence was extracted from the same drum-loop. Basically this new function is a workaround for the missing audio input in Falcon where one could use the side-chain signal to trigger a follower which would modulate things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehjEUHZanFI
TwoToneshuzz
KVRAF

1522 posts since 12 Jan, 2010, from Copenhagen

Postby TwoToneshuzz; Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:15 am Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.4 released

Hej @sampleconstruct Simon what technique for extracting the envelope from the audio, is it accomplished in Falcon?

Regards

Wade
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

Postby Sampleconstruct; Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:21 am Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.4 released

TwoToneshuzz wrote:Hej @sampleconstruct Simon what technique for extracting the envelope from the audio, is it accomplished in Falcon?

Regards

Wade

Yes, it's a new feature in version 1.4, just watch the videos I posted on the previous pages.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments