UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

liv wrote:Just updated to 1.5.4 and experience drifting on synced multi envelopes.
Someoneelse?

A multienvelope -at program level -applied to a filter at program level, stays in sync with the internal arpeggiator.
Falcon 1.5.4. Macos 10.11.6
Falcon user since 2015

liv wrote:Just updated to 1.5.4 and experience drifting on synced multi envelopes.
Someoneelse?
Confirmed by UVI and a fix on the way.
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

newuser2014 wrote:
Someoneelse?

A multienvelope -at program level -applied to a filter at program level, stays in sync with the internal arpeggiator.
Falcon 1.5.4. Macos 10.11.6
Thanks for checking. :tu:
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

I love programming down at the bottom of Falcon . By that I mean the LFO's and envelopes and that Drunk modulator. The insanely powerful trigger mode and trigger sync.

The top level for me is my hands. I explore a Part/Patch by listening to what happens as I play.

So I program to get different results with different playing techniques. Sustain pedal. a held pinky. Yes volume sliders on a mixer and controller too.

The magic, for me is the serendipity of 3 or 4 falcon patchs layered and modulated so that they are not playing all at the same time but suggest different sections of a song.

~legato/stacatto ~response to sustain pedal ~polyphonic/monophonic

:tu: So thats why My Hands ask for the Low note , Last note, and High note priority as a Feature request.
Falcon user since 2015

Is there a way to make all instances of Falcon find all missing samples? If I move a folder around, I don't mind having to locate the samples again, but it would be great if I could do that one time instead of for every instance of Falcon in my project.

You gotta do it one by one.

Okay. So, what's the easiest way to work on a single project that uses Falcon, across multiple machines? Unfortunately the usernames and paths are different between the machines, so every time I load the project on a different machine I have to go through the whole sample finding process all over again.

Related: what's the easiest way to set up a preset library that works across machines? I've used dropbox, but again the paths are not quite the same so things get out of wack.

I'm wondering if I can store a DMG file in dropbox and have it mounted on two machines. Seems like that would be a fast way to corrupt the DMG, but I don't know.

If you can use symlinks to create paths that would be identical across machines, that could be a way to go. Won't work cross-platform, though, but I guess you're not looking for that here - you just want your projects to work on multiple machines apparently running the same OS. In that case symlinks should be just fine.

Bug or feature?

In IRCAM Granular module, setting the start and end markers and then setting the loop mode to FW-BACK, will result in playing the sample from the start marker then continuing playback over the end marker until the end of the sample, playing back past the start marker until the start of the sample and repeat. Basically the loop playback ignores the Start and End markers. Same for Forward playback mode.

The Multi Granular behaves as expected when looping a section in the sample.

PS: Please, reverse playback mode for all sampler modules it's pretty basic to have. (It seems that Reverse menu is actually reversing the sample on the hard drive). Also, the Sample Start in Sample module does the job when playing the sample forward, but when playing it backwards it does nothing - it would be nice to behave like an end marker when in reverse playback (as opposite to behaving like a start marker when playing forward), because this knob can be modulated.

padillac wrote:Related: what's the easiest way to set up a preset library that works across machines? I've used dropbox, but again the paths are not quite the same so things get out of wack.

I'm wondering if I can store a DMG file in dropbox and have it mounted on two machines. Seems like that would be a fast way to corrupt the DMG, but I don't know.

If your computers are both macs and in the same network, create a sparse bundle (not dmg - read about sparse bundles if you re not familiar with them) with Disk Utility, place it anywhere (main hard drive or external) and put your presets and samples inside it. With the volume mounted and named accordingly (mine is AudioRepo Samples) right click on it and check the Shared checkbox. Then from the second computer, acess the share. The result is a folder with the same name "AudioRepo Samples" at /Volumes/ --- so basically the same path for both computers. Of course, if you will access the same preset at the same time on both computers and change it then save it, the most recent save will be applied to the preset file, so be aware of that.

If your computers are in remote places, my bet is still on sparsebundle (which is not a monolith GB file, but a collection of thousands of 8MB files which are way easier to synchronize because dropbox will sync only the modified bands instead of backing up GB of data each time). So basically if you have let's say 10 pianos multisampled in 2 GB and then you only make presets with them, they will only be syncronized one time, the rest of the syncs are going to be only small changes when you add presets. In DMG's case, any preset changed will result in resyncing the entire GB disk image.

!!! I have no idea how Dropbox will sync mounted disk images (or if he can do it for that matter - best case scenario maybe it will just wait for unmount and only then try to sync), so if they do't sync properly, you may need to unmount the drive from the computer 1 every time you know you will work on the computer 2 (so dropbox can access the file on 1 and sync it with 2 which maybe must be also unmounted). Hope I didn't lost you in details.
Last edited by sircuit on Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:19 am, edited 6 times in total.

Def sounds like a bug.

I have no idea how Dropbox will sync mounted disk images
I tested a DMG in Dropbox, but mounting a DMG on two machines doesn't result in them being synced like I hope. I ended up renaming the user on one of my machines, fixing the stuff that broke (that I found) and put my stuff in Dropbox. It's not the greatest solution, but it works on my machines.

In version 1.5.4 tempo-synced multi-emvelopes still play off sync when a note is held over a longer period of time. Reported in the bug-tracker as well.

Version 1.5.5 is now online which fixes this issue.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

otristan wrote:Version 1.5.5 is now online which fixes this issue.
Fastest fix in the history of mankind.

Return to “Instruments”