One Synth Challenge #81: Oxe FM (z.prime wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Oxe FM Synth

Welcome to the 81st One Synth Challenge! It's a friendly music competition where you can win cool prizes but most importantly, meet amazing musicians, and learn a lot about mixing, sound design, and more! :)

Oxe FM is a powerful FM synth with a really compact, fun GUI with an incredible set of starter patches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XupkMRKvliY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK5VJw6qzhg

Prizes:
(Would you like to be a donator? Contact me via PM or go ahead and post your intended donation here! Get a cool mention on our donator wall of honor)

MuTools : (First come first serve) MuLab 6 + MUX Modular 6 bundle

KV331 Audio : Synthmaster

Dmitry Sches : Diversion

Tritik : 1 tkDelay Plugin

Guda Audio : Euterpe XL

Wusik : 1 bundle of Wusik 8000, Wusik Station 8, and Wusik EVE v3

Abstract Cats Music : AbiTron Bank for Synthmaster (Soon to be released!)

Squaredheads : Nora Arpeggiator plugin

JRR Shop : UVI: Mello

satYatunes : One of any commercial product

stardustmedia : Professional studio mix down and mastering on one track of your choosing (See Disclaimer)

Ghostwave Audio : Any two soundsets of Choice

Twolegs Toneworks : Any one soundset

The Unfinished : Any two soundsets of Choice

Rob Lee Music : A soundset for either: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune

Luftrum : One soundset free of choice.

Ridan: FM8 soundbank "Niteshade"
haunting soundscapes, atmospheric chords, layered pads, anamorphic guitars,
brass and woodwind-esque, rhythmic/melodic sequences, and macabre sound effects.

Kreativ Sound: RAW Bundle
(RAW Bass, RAW Drums, RAW TranSID, RAW Textures)

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: 2 Soundsets of choice
(Uplifting Trance Presets)

Studio 13.37: Pro audio studio on a USB stick

Pooya Payvar (Stonail) : 1 custom made Max for [Ableton] Live: controller, midi or audio effect

Mulperi : 1 Soundbank of Choice

Dream Audio Tools : 1 Indie Fingers bundle (Indie Fingers volumes One and Two)

Bjulin : Inspire soundset for Zebra²

LeapIntoTheVoid : Enchantment Of Absynth Trilogy

Bluff Munkey - 2 soundsets of choice

Solidtrax : 1 Soundset of choice

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? You want some love? Just post here in this thread :)
Last edited by bjporter on Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:34 pm, edited 7 times in total.

This is for knob fetishists 8)

Looks interesting ...

Nice. FM is fun, hope I'll have time to explore Oxe! Used it ages ago and is nice to see it being further developed.

mehum wrote:Nice. FM is fun, hope I'll have time to explore Oxe! Used it ages ago and is nice to see it being further developed.
Yeah cool. Had a few version bumps this year too.

Should be a rippa :hyper:

Great opportunity to dive into FM synthesis. My first synth was a DX100, later on I got a DX7s. Never really did much programming on them.
Still got a book lying around somewhere called Practical FM Synthesis by Ernst Bonis. :)

oh and btw, please add a penguin to the OSC page because this works on linux to :-)
:tu:

rghvdberg wrote:....
Awesome! Just edited :tu:

BTW, do you have a bigger image than that? :hihi:
Last edited by bjporter on Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Making some nice drums so far! Question, are there any banks for this at all? Figured there would be some, but I can't find any. Was looking for some more modern sounds to tweak cause I know this thing must be capable of them after playing with it for a bit... Its a nice one and has good sound. Cheers
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

bjporter wrote:
rghvdberg wrote:....
Awesome! Just edited :tu:

BTW, do you have a bigger than that? :hihi:
I do happen to have a 1 meter sized inflatable Tux

found a bug (because linux)
LFO doesn't work properly
https://github.com/oxesoft/oxefmsynth/issues/4
EDIT
Found what the bug was ... it was me ... :dog: :nutter:
Had to set "MOD destination to NONE to get LFO->PITCH (vibrato) working
Last edited by rghvdberg on Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah...I was expecting this synth..for last month's OSC. The way it is updated, I thought that one or other day... it will reach OSC's doorstep.

But frankly speaking, It's going to be another challenge for me. I have read scary stories on the i-net about FM Synthesis.

As modular synthesis was, FM synthesis is also an aliean to me as on today.

But I believe one month is enough for basic understanding of concepts and apply them practically.

I will get things done... as I did with MUX. :wink: But I will try and hope for the better results compared to last OSC (based on feedbacks).

I pray for synth's better stability and CPU consumption compared to my earlier couple of attempts in freeware OSC synths. :pray:

OSC is becoming my real sound design teacher... :wink:

Thanks KVR OSC Team... specially.. bjporter. :hail:

Tjgoa wrote:Making some nice drums so far! Question, are there any banks for this at all? Figured there would be some, but I can't find any. Was looking for some more modern sounds to tweak cause I know this thing must be capable of them after playing with it for a bit... Its a nice one and has good sound. Cheers

This link will help with some presets to start with. I have not tried yet. Just googled it and found it. There are many other freeware synth presets listed on the site.

http://ann.sounds.free.fr/

Hope it will help. :tu:

I've tried OXE a few times before. I couldn't get my head round it. Despite this, I have a much easier time using VOPM or even Dexed. I don't know how to make any harsh vocal-sounding basses like I can in Dexed or even Sytrus. I know that using triangle operators makes these kinds of bass sounds better, but I'm not entirely sure it can be done. If I'm wrong, please tell me if I am and also how I can do it. ^^;
It's very tasty, I swear!

Is this 64 bit or only 32 bit?

wagtunes wrote:Is this 64 bit or only 32 bit?
I think there was a 64 bit version recently made. But I need to download the latest version when I get home from college.
It's very tasty, I swear!

Return to “Instruments”