One Synth Challenge #81: Oxe FM (z.prime wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Oxe FM Synth

psmacmur wrote:
sawsq wrote: Did you try this: Touch plugin knob, then go to top area "Param" --> "Show track envelope"? Of course you can add a shortcut to the action "FX: Show/hide track envelope for last touched FX parameter". ;)
Did not try that; that's a great tip; I need to learn more of those sorts of tricks; thanks! :D
Old dogs can learn new tricks eh? Using the Param button to get to the automation things is NOT very intuitive - but once you know ...
It's the editing of the curves that makes me want to beat someone with my midi controller :evil:
I know what you mean, but after doing the "learn" thing above, I still go in and edit the curves drawn out by the controller(s). I guess the controller gives you that head start - hehe!

dB

wagtunes wrote:
doctorbob wrote: Here is my track for this OSC A more conventional song this time, with a catchy melody (well I think so!), so get yer' feet tappin' and sing along ... :party:
I absolutely love this.
Nothing more to say.
Bravo! :clap:
Thank you so much Steven. :tu: It was worth minimising the whole track down from the full in your face version from before. Just hope others are as "enthusiastic" :)

dB

doctorbob wrote:
It's the editing of the curves that makes me want to beat someone with my midi controller :evil:
I know what you mean, but after doing the "learn" thing above, I still go in and edit the curves drawn out by the controller(s). I guess the controller gives you that head start - hehe!

dB
Ah, see I'm usually drawing in automation by mouse from scratch. S1 makes this easy, whereas Reaper clearly expects ppl to record automation and only use the editor to clean up a little.

psmacmur wrote: Ah, see I'm usually drawing in automation by mouse from scratch. S1 makes this easy, whereas Reaper clearly expects ppl to record automation and only use the editor to clean up a little.
I find the drawing of curves from scratch dead easy ... try this. Blank project,, ctrl T for new track. Click on track envelope/automation. You can enlarge the drawing area just by click and drag in the MCP area.

Then use, ctrl-leftmouse to draw. You'll get FAR too many points, but then ... right click on the drawn envelope, and select "reduce points" ... then use the slider to see the reduction at work. If you want smooth curves, then select the points (right mouse drag marque) and then right mouse to select "set shape for selected points" .

dB

Yeah I'm aware how drawing works, I haven't played with the decimation feature though. What confounds me is editing. I'll spare everyone the details though. Suffice it to say, the learning curve is proving punishing.

Kneasle is entering Forest of Oxe,

Host: FL Studio 12, Fruity Edition

Synths:
34x Oxe FM
( 1x Layer: To control the drums from one piano roll. IS NOT A SYNTH, JUST A CONTROLLER )

Effects:
25x Fruity Parametric EQ 2
2x Fruity Delay 2
2x Fruity Compressor
4x Fruity Peak Controller
1x Fruity Reeverb 2
1x Fruity Balance

All effects native to FL Studio.
I was forced to use the delay/reverb plugins because the Oxe Reverb/Delay amount knobs just keeps resetting to 0 each time I close the project.

Thanks,

Kneasle

Hi Kneasle,
there is no link to your track !
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

Here is my entry:
https://soundcloud.com/slava-fiks/wide-brush
There are 21 instances of the synth in Reaper.
No external Plugins, just ReaEq, ReaVerb, and JS: Utility/limiter. Dynamic Range 11.

Enjoy what you all are doing in these contests...hopefully I can join you next month!

@sfiks - nice entry, I like the lovely "French feel" to your intro :tu: - (hope others "notice" the same nod to the events in my intro as well :roll: ). Hope it does well, tastefully done track. :clap:

dB

Here's my entry this month. For the second month in a row I had to learn a new DAW, this time Reaper. OXE was fun to use, but I found the UI to be not as responsive as I would have liked -- the sound would often jump while making adjustments and I didn't love the envelopes. The modulation matrix is really cool though and the synth was fun to program.

The song started as kind of a breezy feeling traditional song, but it takes a left turn into FM chaos at one point, then comes back.

21 instances of OXE. The elec piano is just a tweaked version of the first sound that came up when I got it to play, the snare is a tweaked version of one of the factory snares, everything else was programmed from scratch.

ReaComp, ReaEQ on many of the tracks along with Molot. I used Reapers IR reverb and it's built in delay. The master bus had ReaComp, Nova67 and Limiter No 6.

Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/ontrackp/ontrack ... test-mix-5

Here is my entry for OSC #81:

produced with Oxe FM by Oxe Music Software
DAW: Ableton Live 9

24 instances of OXE FM

only native DAW effects:
18x compressor
1x limiter
25x eq
2x reverb
1x delay

https://soundcloud.com/harthstein/harth ... een-shades

doctorbob wrote: Hope it does well, tastefully done track. :clap:

dB
Thank you, doc :!:

photonic wrote:Hi Kneasle,
there is no link to your track !
Here's the link:
https://soundcloud.com/kneasle/forest-of-oxe

bjporter wrote:Tracks should be up on the group now, some of them were sitting in the 'spam filter' thing
Any more in the spam trap BJ :?:

I think there's a few waiting to go up :hihi: Of course, I know you are busy with a "day job" too, not like us old retired fogies :hihi:

Cheers,

dB

Return to “Instruments”