Waves to release Element 2 Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Element Virtual Analog Synthesizer

Sounds fantastic to me, works fine for me.

BasariStudios wrote:This thing has some SERIOUS bugs.
Like what?

Actually its very few but very serious and complicated, mostly to do with Automap.
Its so complicated that i can not even explain it. If someone knows controllers such
as the SL MK2 series, if you hit the Automap button on the Volume lowers if you turn
it off the Volume jumps up. There is nothing moving on the synth at ALL, i have never
ever seen anything like this on any soft. It has few other problems with Automap too,
you can not wrap Waves Shell with Automap. This was always a problem, Element will
always Quit Cubase when you Load it if it is wrapped.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

n/m
Last edited by ObsoleteAcc99 on Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

BasariStudios wrote:Actually its very few but very serious and complicated, mostly to do with Automap.
Its so complicated that i can not even explain it. If someone knows controllers such
as the SL MK2 series, if you hit the Automap button on the Volume lowers if you turn
it off the Volume jumps up. There is nothing moving on the synth at ALL, i have never
ever seen anything like this on any soft. It has few other problems with Automap too,
you can not wrap Waves Shell with Automap. This was always a problem, Element will
always Quit Cubase when you Load it if it is wrapped.
Then those problems are related to your hardware or its software. I have no problem controlling parameters with my Blofeld and Casio controllers.

I'm not saying you are wrong, but you need to find others that have similar setup and confirm with them the problems you have, then if they confirm it, you can call it 'serious bugs related to my Automap software'.

No, they are not related to my Hardware, they are actually Automap problems from years ago.
The Volume thing is something new in Element but the rest are ages old, never fixed.

Then I suggest to report these problems to both Novation and Waves. I don't know about Novation but I had one experience with Waves support and they were very friendly. Give it a shot bro.

Can't fix a problem if they aren't aware of it.

Although, I heard over the last month Waves support services has been slammed. Not sure if it's still true, however, you may have to wait before you get a response.

Usually they are quite fast to respond, but you don't have to go far on this forum to hear people telling you of how long they've been waiting.

I have nothing but great response time and responses from Waves in the last year or so, including over the Christmas holiday.
rsp
sound sculptist

With me usually Waves Support has been very good, response never more then a day or two late.

Hi,

I'd like to renew my WUP for Element, so I can get Element 2, but the price is always $23.80...

I have read from several people here who only had to pay $10... how is it possible to get that price?

Many thanks!

Yep that would have been me.

I have since been told by others that it probably does depend on how long it's been out of WUP for.

I would have renewed mine at some point, needlessly. Yes I was an idiot!! Haha

...and so even though my WUP had expired a while back, it may have been less than 6 months.

That could be why it only cost me $10, but others more.

I will say though, $23.80 is still a bloody good price for an upgrade to a $120 plugin. I'd pay it!!

Good to know, didn't realise v2 was included in the WUP

Hope Codex is next
Amazon: why not use an alternative

simon.a.billington wrote:Yep that would have been me.

I have since been told by others that it probably does depend on how long it's been out of WUP for.

I would have renewed mine at some point, needlessly. Yes I was an idiot!! Haha

...and so even though my WUP had expired a while back, it may have been less than 6 months.

That could be why it only cost me $10, but others more.

I will say though, $23.80 is still a bloody good price for an upgrade to a $120 plugin. I'd pay it!!
Thank you for the info!

Element 2 costs only $71 atm, but yes, $23.80 is still definitely better :)

So has the sound quality improved a lot, what's your opinion on that?

I actually like the GUI of Element 1 better.
I can see that it's possible to switch between 1 and 2, but I guess you can't use the 1 GUI with the sound engine of 2, right?

Btw I just got Codex, and I think it sounds awesome. Very different from Element, so it complements it very well.
Last edited by Novalis on Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

double
Last edited by Novalis on Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”