IK Multimedia announced Miroslav Philharmonik 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Miroslav Philharmonik 2

deleted

deleted
Last edited by bronxsound on Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deleted

Nobody here thinks it is anything near shite and are very proud of Miroslav Philharmonik 2. I know you are not feeling it, and some others are not as well, but there's genuine enthusiasm for this high-quality instrument and it is expected that some harsh assessments may come during a preorder period where people are not using the product directly. That will be a different story next month, though, and it is well within being reasonable to expect that some people will wait until that time to hear more from those that do use it.

Edit - and yes, aside from no multiquote the "edit - quote - report" buttons are a trap. I frequently hit quote instead of edit too. Surprised I didn't do it this time, even with the intention to gripe about it :)

trimph1 wrote:
bronxsound wrote:i must say i feel really sorry for Peter that for some reason he is to promote and give "face" to ikm products on kvr.
I would like to know who else would even dare this bearpit.
He is a man of courage.

If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Nobody here thinks it is anything near shite and are very proud of Miroslav Philharmonik 2. I know you are not feeling it, and some others are not as well, but there's genuine enthusiasm for this high-quality instrument and it is expected that some harsh assessments may come during a preorder period where people are not using the product directly. That will be a different story next month, though, and it is well within being reasonable to expect that some people will wait until that time to hear more from those that do use it.

Edit - and yes, aside from no multiquote the "edit - quote - report" buttons are a trap. I frequently hit quote instead of edit too. Surprised I didn't do it this time, even with the intention to gripe about it :)
i am not saying anything against the product. how could i especially it does not exist yet.

bronxsound wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Nobody here thinks it is anything near shite and are very proud of Miroslav Philharmonik 2. I know you are not feeling it, and some others are not as well, but there's genuine enthusiasm for this high-quality instrument and it is expected that some harsh assessments may come during a preorder period where people are not using the product directly. That will be a different story next month, though, and it is well within being reasonable to expect that some people will wait until that time to hear more from those that do use it.

i am not saying anything against the product. how could i especially it does not exist yet.
Understood. That's part of what I meant that there would be some more harshness during preorder as nobody is using it for themselves. Thanks for clarifying.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Gonga wrote:I still freaking love the original. I just often get great results with it. I'm definitely interested in the new version, but when I tried to preorder it for $199, I get bumped to a page where I only have two, more expensive, options. I never did like IK's web site, but this is just weird.
When you are logged in you should be given he appropriate option based on what you already have registered. Please shoot me your registered IK user name and I'll check it out.
Thanks Peter. I was logged in. I'm Gonga at IK too. When I click on "$199" I'm taken to this "$299" page:

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/shop/buymiro2.php

I'll check in with Support.

I don't own any expensive orchestral libraries, but I do have a few cheaper ones (Philharmonic, Garritan, Kontakt, Session Strings Pro, Action Strings Pro, Best Service Complete Orchestral Collection, and few others. Philharmonic often produces what I'm looking for more reliably than the others. It's in more of my game soundtracks than the others. The solo instruments are by far the best solo legato instruments I own. They are good enough that people on Soundcloud think they're "real" instruments. I agree the original Philharmonic doesn't stand up to newer and more expernsive libraries, but I can tell you it stands up really well to older and/or less-expensive libraries - the ones "in its class."

Here's a brief example of a bassoon:

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling/3-fountainbats

And here's one with more instrumentation...produced in a real hurry for a game deadline and a poor mix (I intend to do a longer and better mix at some point - this one had to sync with a flyby). By the way, Peter Connelly (composer for original Tomb Raider games) comments on this one...

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling/start-flyby

I have better examples of its sounds but none online. Anyway, I have hundreds of vst instruments, and Philharmonic was the best $100 I spent on any of them.
Last edited by Gonga on Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Understood. That's part of what I meant that there would be some more harshness during preorder as nobody is using it for themselves. Thanks for clarifying.
Preorders are a bit whack for the issue you mention above. Introductory offers/prices are 100% better. Compare to UVI's latest introduction of Falcon here. No demo, but some users had already bought, or were beta testers now free of NDAs. So a lot of questions are answered by end users and Oliver from UVI etc. Solid information, and the discount for adopting a 1.0 plug in is still available.

As it stands we end users have no idea what it will be like in practice to use MP2 compared to the original, or to the competition, besides the fact that Miroslav calls it magical, which I would hope he would? :lol: We are expected to trust that it's a huge step up. Anyway an introductory price as well as a preorder would make much more sense.

...and yes, the demos are wooden, dynamically lacking. Hard to tell how it's better than the original there? If people were allowed to buy at an introductory price after the preorder they would become your ambassadors, or at least could comment on whether they thought the library was worth buying or upgrading to. :)

machinesworking wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Understood. That's part of what I meant that there would be some more harshness during preorder as nobody is using it for themselves. Thanks for clarifying.
Preorders are a bit whack for the issue you mention above. Introductory offers/prices are 100% better. Compare to UVI's latest introduction of Falcon here. No demo, but some users had already bought, or were beta testers now free of NDAs. So a lot of questions are answered by end users and Oliver from UVI etc. Solid information, and the discount for adopting a 1.0 plug in is still available.

As it stands we end users have no idea what it will be like in practice to use MP2 compared to the original, or to the competition, besides the fact that Miroslav calls it magical, which I would hope he would? :lol: We are expected to trust that it's a huge step up. Anyway an introductory price as well as a preorder would make much more sense.

...and yes, the demos are wooden, dynamically lacking. Hard to tell how it's better than the original there? If people were allowed to buy at an introductory price after the preorder they would become your ambassadors, or at least could comment on whether they thought the library was worth buying or upgrading to. :)
Thank you for your input. Of course, you have the option to wait and if you find it valuable the price will be higher. This is what makes preorders a bit less "whack" as you put it. Nobody is forcing you to save by preordering, but people are doing so, you just happen to not agree with it and that's fine. The preorder IS the introductory price.

Gonga wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Gonga wrote:I still freaking love the original. I just often get great results with it. I'm definitely interested in the new version, but when I tried to preorder it for $199, I get bumped to a page where I only have two, more expensive, options. I never did like IK's web site, but this is just weird.
When you are logged in you should be given he appropriate option based on what you already have registered. Please shoot me your registered IK user name and I'll check it out.
Thanks Peter. I was logged in. I'm Gonga at IK too. When I click on "$199" I'm taken to this "$299" page:

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/shop/buymiro2.php

I'll check in with Support.

I don't own any expensive orchestral libraries, but I do have a few cheaper ones (Philharmonic, Garritan, Kontakt, Session Strings Pro, Action Strings Pro, Best Service Complete Orchestral Collection, and few others. Philharmonic often produces what I'm looking for more reliably than the others. It's in more of my game soundtracks than the others. The solo instruments are by far the best solo legato instruments I own. They are good enough that people on Soundcloud think they're "real" instruments. I agree the original Philharmonic doesn't stand up to newer and more expernsive libraries, but I can tell you it stands up really well to older and/or less-expensive libraries - the ones "in its class."

Here's a brief example of a bassoon:

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling/3-fountainbats

And here's one with more instrumentation...produced in a real hurry for a game deadline and a poor mix (I intend to do a longer and better mix at some point - this one had to sync with a flyby). By the way, Peter Connelly (composer for original Tomb Raider games) comments on this one...

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling/start-flyby

I have better examples of its sounds but none online. Anyway, I have hundreds of vst instruments, and Philharmonic was the best $100 I spent on any of them.
I am sure support will be able to sort things out. Thank you for expressing your experience with the original Miroslav Philharmonik and providing examples. I can't wait to hear what you do with Miroslav Philharmonik 2 :)

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:For the 50 bonus JamPoints you must have registered Miroslav Philharmonik before 2010.

No 50 Bonus Jam Points here.......I did log into my account. Ehhh whatever, don't really care anymore......... :roll:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

@Peter - IK Multimedia : will you sell separated instrument ? i mean i need a cello , just a cello ..i don't have doubt about the quality of the whole soundbank but 55 GB to download and to store :? !
I have a recent Imac and it is already full !

DarkStar wrote:^^^
Oops, missed that post, but it's too long to watch at the moment.
TheoM wrote:The info I am after is simply not there in any way shape or form.. and sample libraries that do have magic under the hood specifically aimed at making natural sounding playing easy with keyboard, always include that info in detail.
Could you, perhaps, post links to a couple of similar products that provide the sort of info that you are looking for?

But I would agree, based on the info so far the "playabililty" will be the same as is currently in ST3. Of course, the next version of ST3 with additional features could also be released in December, alongside MP2. (Warning: complete speculation)
just saw this, sorry. Of course i can give a few examples. There are MANY MANY more.
http://www.bestservice.de/en/emotional_cello.html
just check out all the detail about the scripting hence why it's so easy to do realistic note transitions for example.

http://www.soundsonline.com/Classical-and-Orchestral
they talk about true legato and go into extensive detail about their round robin with actual technical explanations.

http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/spotli ... mbles.html
Click read more to open a PDF

All these products clearly show just how limited the MP2 info is.. its just not talking about playability enough - so it talks about articulations.. i have been using that in almost every sample library BUT miroslav 1 for a decade. (or close to). That doesn't mean it is going to sound natural between note transitions playing from the keyboard.

All these libraries (actually, i would hazard a guess, 80% of sample libraries currently out there), specifically go into detail as to WHY they are playable and sound realistic.

This is why i am honestly feeling at this stage that MP2 is probably just a very nice set of samples with new KS articulations set behind a very simple sample player - to me without scripting, it's too tedious to edit midi to get realistic results. I had to read so many courses (sound on sound, orchestral midi editing pages + many videos) to work out how to get the lovely notes and chords i had played with miroslav 1 not to sound "fake" after i had played the midi.. and a dead giveaway that they were done with a KB.. i just want to know if MP2 has improved that (drastically). After all, pianists are not string players.. this is the whole point and magic of scripting!

No one seems to really know LOL with MP2.

I just can't understand how anyone could pre order this and give money away without knowing what the playability is like. You guys really confuse me sometimes!

If it's just like the current ST3 then it will require lot's of midi editing to get realistic string passages, believe me.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Of course, you have the option to wait and if you find it valuable the price will be higher. This is what makes preorders a bit less "whack" as you put it.
This doesn't actually make any sense. I really see no argument as to what is better for the customer, preorder VS introductory price available after the release for a week or so? The fact is UVI had an easier time introducing Falcon, a product they 'took back' from MOTU, forgetting to offer an upgrade price, then doing so late in the game... mostly because information was available on the product from end users. This is marketing, UVI while not great at it did OK, NI always do OK, and IK? you guys always get blasted on here, because your pricing schemes are so awkward. For instance after the preorder does my upgrade price of $199 go away? Does it become $299-$399 full price?? For me personally I'm less likely to buy if the process isn't laid out.

Let me be clear here, I'm not arguing that $199 is a bad deal, how could I? I'm saying that it should IMO carry into the release a bit, for your own companies sake, it's just bad marketing otherwise.

Return to “Instruments”