Shout up to Cthulhu

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cthulhu

I am completely loving this Steve Duda (Xfer Records) chord / arp plugin. I feel a little cheaty sometimes but the results are so beautiful that it seems ok. I had no idea how wonderfully musical this was til I spent some good time with it. That is not to say its hard to learn. The manual spells everything out very consisely (except for the little eyeball switch which looks at the chords you play to preserve them).

I think I'll be using this for sometime to come. Along with J74 Progressive, I've found a new meaningful way to get inspiration for my songs without a lot of guilt.

Just needed to say.

About time somebody started a thread dedicated to this plug :tu:

Numanoid wrote:About time somebody started a thread dedicated to this plug :tu:
This was recently

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 6&t=446901
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

So much for trying to be positive for once :clown:

Well, since there's already a thread about this, I also give a huge shout to Dmitry Sches Tantra. There's something about it that makes it so fluid to use and sounds amazing. And Dmitry himself has been so great with support. I lost my e-mail for my purchase and he re-instated my license anyways. I will always look to support his work after this.

There was numerous Alchemy threads, so why get discouraged for opening up second one for Cthulhu, carry on, it's nice tool that should get more spotlight :tu:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Zexila wrote:There was numerous Alchemy threads
Indeed...

...and not to mention Falcon threads :D

ultimately, both are really cool, but I think Cream edges out Cthulhu just a tiny bit.

Cthulhu is awesome! Best arpeggiator pound for pound. Thanks you handsome Steve Duda!
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Come on.... The best Arp is Nora....

Sorry..

Rajah wrote:Come on.... The best Arp is Nora....
Sorry..
I was thinking that, and you are not off, but I categorize Cthulhu as the best of the conventional arpeggiators e.g. Cream, Catanya, Arpache, the millions of other arps throughout history, etc... I should have clarified that. :hihi:
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

I like this one too, although I haven't spent enough time with it. LFO tool is also kinda cool, especially with the built in filters. It's so quick and easy to throw a little filter modulation on anything, besides the other things that it does. Lots of other things that do this too, but Steve deserves the shout out, especially after the marathon online support sessions when he released Serum.

...and I recently started a redundant Iris 2 thread and got not beatings for it. What does the search button do again? :clown:
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Zexila wrote:
Numanoid wrote:About time somebody started a thread dedicated to this plug :tu:
This was recently

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 6&t=446901
hey thats me m8 :lol:

And then there's Johann Sebastian Bach, god of Cthulhu.

Orbit-50 wrote:
Rajah wrote:Come on.... The best Arp is Nora....
Sorry..
I was thinking that, and you are not off, but I categorize Cthulhu as the best of the conventional arpeggiators e.g. Cream, Catanya, Arpache, the millions of other arps throughout history, etc... I should have clarified that. :hihi:
Yep, love me the arp on Cthulhu. So many options...

Return to “Instruments”