FXpansion Cypher2 - Coming in 2018

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cypher (DCAM: Synth Squad)

himalaya wrote:Nothing is dead. Cypher2 is alive and kicking...soon!
I hope you realize how absurd it is to make this claim of "soon!" in a thread literally titled "...coming in 2016" when today's date is May 1, 2018.

I mean, you get how idiotic and limp that assertion sounds, right? I respect your work, I love your presets, but c'mon.

FXpansion is just a bad joke at this point.

Ask any Geist 2 user.

-M

mholloway wrote:
I hope you realize how absurd it is to make this claim of "soon!" in a thread literally titled "...coming in 2016" when today's date is May 1, 2018.

I mean, you get how idiotic and limp that assertion sounds, right? I respect your work, I love your presets, but c'mon.

Ask any Geist 2 user.

-M
What’s wrong with Geist 2?
Mine works just fine, really stable.

But, do you think that the thread was started in 2016 in order to annoy people by purposefully withholding Cypher2 from the public for several years? In a kind of twisted marketing strategy which would dare to announce a new product in 2016 only to be released in 2018? That's not the case.

In reality, a lot might have happened in this time that could have affected the release. Stuff beyond anyone's control.

So despite this delay, I can assure you that Cypher2 is trully alive.

So I would hope that you take my posts here as reassurane that Cypher2 is almost here after all these years. It's better sounding and better featured than ever! A trasure chest of amazing sounds! Soon.....
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

martinjuenke wrote:
Julien Unison wrote:Too late, I'm in 2016 now...

Ok, to make this time-travel profitable, I'm going to prevent Biff Tannen to be elected...
You mean the Biff Tannen, who was elected one and a half year ago? :o

Yes of course. :lol:
U N I S O N : shoegaze/electronic wall of sound with heavenly voice
https://soundcloud.com/weareunison / https://www.facebook.com/unison666 / https://weareunison.com/

simmo75 wrote:
mholloway wrote:

Ask any Geist 2 user.

-M
Yep. Geist 2 is fine.
I mean, you get how idiotic and limp that assertion sounds, right? Saying every user of Geist 2 thinks FXpansion are a bad joke. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ftech wrote:
simmo75 wrote:
mholloway wrote:

Ask any Geist 2 user.

-M
Yep. Geist 2 is fine.
I mean, you get how idiotic and limp that assertion sounds, right? Saying every user of Geist 2 thinks FXpansion are a bad joke. :lol: :lol: :lol:
+1 for Geist

Love Geist 2. Best drum sequencer for my needs.

And Cypher 2 is amazing. There's so much thought and work put into it there's no way it's not going to be released when it's polished and ready. I know it sucks if all you see is the subject line, and maybe you're all just venting, so if you are, carry on.

With that said, I still use Amber and hope it can be modernized like Strobe and Cypher have. The divide down is beautiful, the chorus is gorgeous, but more modulation would be wonderful.

mholloway wrote:

Ask any Geist 2 user.

-M
Geist 2 is rock solid for me, never a problem

I'd expect very close integration with the ROLI controllers and a showcase for new JUCE features as part of this release. Who knows what's happened since the announcement...
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

No problem with Geist for me...

But I feel Cypher is gone the way of the do do. :(
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

your feelings are misleading you :D

himalaya wrote:your feelings are misleading you :D
I really hope they are, to be honest... FXpansion is (or was) one of my favorite devs. But no news for so long now from the actual company about one of their flagship synths. Does not give me much confidence alas. :(
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

chilly7 wrote:
himalaya wrote:
chilly7 wrote:
himalaya wrote:Mine too, always has been. In many ways, Cypher is unique amongst VA soft synths. It's the sum of all its parts....
Does it bothers you the fact that FM bit rate changes with oversampling or and with master sample rate of project?!

If not this problem i think Chyper would have been my favorit synth.

I remember long time ago was speaking about this issue on official forum but developers seid that this issue is tighed to core engine and it is not easy to fix this issue.
How do you hear those supposed changes to 'FM bit rate' ?
Use any FM sound present. Then change master sample rate or oversampling in preference and see how FM biting changes.

Post scripptum: Here is my old post: https://fxpansion.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 420fd7e0ad
I'd be happy to just get a bugfix at this point. I've simply never bothered with Cypher because I ran into this bug almost immediately and it seemed more hassle than its worth. What are the presets even supposed to sound like? Literally nobody knows since oversampling amount isn't saved with presets.

I also reported it aaaaages ago and was told it was due to rounding error, but the interaction was interesting for two connected reasons: firstly because they didn't seem to have heard of the bug before, and secondly because they already had an internal higher-precision build that fixed the issue. As FXp presumably don't have psychic quality engineers, can we assume Cypher 2 has been in development for at least this long? It's been around 4 years since I asked about it now though. Absolutely sick of waiting for it. I'm not particularly fussed about the possibility of an Amber 2, and I waited an age before I sprung for the Strobe 2 upgrade, but neither of those were blessed with such an obvious bug manifesting in everyday use.

Get it out guys, Jesus.

chilly7 wrote:
himalaya wrote:
chilly7 wrote:
himalaya wrote:Mine too, always has been. In many ways, Cypher is unique amongst VA soft synths. It's the sum of all its parts....
Does it bothers you the fact that FM bit rate changes with oversampling or and with master sample rate of project?!

If not this problem i think Chyper would have been my favorit synth.

I remember long time ago was speaking about this issue on official forum but developers seid that this issue is tighed to core engine and it is not easy to fix this issue.
How do you hear those supposed changes to 'FM bit rate' ?
Use any FM sound present. Then change master sample rate or oversampling in preference and see how FM biting changes.

Post scripptum: Here is my old post: https://fxpansion.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 420fd7e0ad
I'd be happy to just get a bugfix at this point. I've simply never bothered with Cypher because I ran into this bug almost immediately and it seemed more hassle than its worth. What are the presets even supposed to sound like? Literally nobody knows since oversampling amount isn't saved with presets.

I also reported it aaaaages ago and was told it was due to rounding error, but the interaction was interesting for two connected reasons: firstly because they didn't seem to have heard of the bug before, and secondly because they already had an internal higher-precision build that fixed the issue. As FXp presumably don't have psychic quality engineers, can we assume Cypher 2 has been in development for at least this long? It's been around 4 years since I asked about it now though. Absolutely sick of waiting for it. I'm not particularly fussed about the possibility of an Amber 2, and I waited an age before I sprung for the Strobe 2 upgrade, but neither of those were blessed with such an obvious bug manifesting in everyday use.

Get it out guys, Jesus.

cron wrote:What are the presets even supposed to sound like? Literally nobody knows since oversampling amount isn't saved with presets.
You save the oversampling option in your preferences. And the presets will sound like you've designed them. :D

cron wrote:but neither of those were blessed with such an obvious bug manifesting in everyday use.
Not an excuse for whatever you might be experiencing, but I have made virtually thousands of presets in Cypher without any such issues. Save your oversampling preference and job done. Each preset will use your chosen oversampling setting.

Return to “Instruments”