StiX : MultiSynthesis Drum Machine (v1.6 Released + Flash sales)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
StiX

Regarding the UI:

Dispose of the pseudo 3D "grill" on each side of the pattern window; it serves no purpose and wastes space.

The pattern window can then be stretched to the full width of the interface giving a more generous work area.

When will the unlimited demo become available?

atukao wrote:Regarding the UI:

Dispose of the pseudo 3D "grill" on each side of the pattern window; it serves no purpose and wastes space.

The pattern window can then be stretched to the full width of the interface giving a more generous work area.

When will the unlimited demo become available?
It's live.

StiX Demo versions and Full version installers

Two ways to demo Stix : Full version but Time Limited, or dongle-less/serial-less version, but restricted features. All details on the link above.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote:Full version but Time Limited
When I ask for this licence, I receive a message at www.xils-lab.com/pages/xoStiXbyXils_DEMO.html: "The page you were looking for appears to have been moved, deleted or does not exist."
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Same here.
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

Michael L wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:Full version but Time Limited
When I ask for this licence, I receive a message at http://www.xils-lab.com/pages/xoStiXbyXils_DEMO.html: "The page you were looking for appears to have been moved, deleted or does not exist."
Thanks for the warning, Michael. I get the *invalid page* message also. This will be fixed asap.

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

nilhartman wrote:Same here.
same here

lalo wrote:
nilhartman wrote:Same here.
same here
Should be fixed and work now. Please try again.

yeah! license link workin'!

as an automation freak i go with my first request!
can we automate all synthesis parameters via VST parameter automation?
seems that the automatable parameter are not named still...
(being an owner of other great XILS stuff i must say that VST automation covering is often incomplete...it's a little sad 'cuase such good synthesis engine give my automation dreams a lot of stimulation :-) )

Last edited by shroom81 on Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:14 pm, edited 10 times in total.
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

Okay I was pretty skeptical at first but wow, this thing is punchy as hell.

Is it possible to switch patterns immediately without waiting for the next bar? I love using that feature in Tremor.

A screenshot of the advanced edit page included with the rest of the GUI (using my own preset from which i already posted an audio demo here but not included with official presets yet):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... page_1.png

The screenshot is done from the biggest GUI size with a width of 1400 pixels. So to see the full size you have to open it in a new browser window (e.g. by clicking at the Dropbox link above the image).

That page incudes the complete synthesis engine for the currently selected instrument.

You could load samples or import your own ones when you click at the drop-down menu below the TUNE knob of Osc 3 (by default it is set to "Noise"). Osc 3 is labeled "NOISE SAMPLE" and could either be a Noise source or play a Sample.

Osc 1 + 2 are virtual analog. If you click on the "Osc 1" or "Oscs 2" buttons those will change to "Sine 1" or "Sine 2". That way you could use a dedicated Sine that is not included with the continuous waveform knob when switched to "Osc 1" and "Osc 2". The waveforms ould be then modulated by the LFOs or by Oac 2 using the mod matrix. The Mod matrix also offers FM of Osc 2 and Osc 1 and Filter FM.

FWIW the free space below the mixer is filled with additional buttons when using the "StiX Multi" plugin that uses multiple audio outputs (10 stereo outputs for each instrument + 2 more for Master and FXs).
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Stix Multi not in the demo? is it going to be ?

I think the GUI is ok apart from the typos etc, skinable would be a very good idea
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

lalo wrote:yeah! license link workin'!

as an automation freak i go with my first request!
can we automate all synthesis parameters via VST parameter automation?
seems that the automatable parameter are not named still...
(being an owner of other great XILS stuff i must say that VST automation covering is often incomplete...it's a little sad 'cuase such good synthesis engine give my automation dreams a lot of stimulation :-) )
Glad the form works ok now. The correct link was forgotten :dog:

Automation can be performed at several levels in StiX.

There's the sequencer of course, but you can also assign midi Cc to every StiX parameter. As there are so many parameters to automate in StiX with the 10 complete synthesizers, This automation is channellised : If you assign Cc 21 to cut-off for example, it will control the Kick cut-off on Channel1, Snare CutOff on channel 2 aso. Then all these assignations are automatically saved in a map file, and you can control everething with any knoby or slidery midi device ( I use a Novation KB for that ) I did not push the automation too far, so I dont know if automating dozens of parameters simultaneously can lead to some glitchy things for example.

For VST automation, ie I suppose you refer to parameters beeing exposed to the host, I did not test it yet but will do so ( I dont employ this method because certain hosts are limited to a certain number of parameters iirc). If we can make things more clear, we'll do it.

Hope it answers your question.

shroom81 wrote: .... kinda 'I had a very bad day' .................
1/ For the 1.0 release we'll have some demo kits from our partner Wave Alchemy :tu:. Expect some of the best samples of analog drum machines in these demo kits.
2/ Drumpreset : You should tweak them with the macro 1 & 2 knobs, -they are here for that purpose- or the Stretch knob and other macro controls. You can get very different sounds from a single drum preset.
3/ Advice on the sound will be different according to one's perception and expectations. We provided more than 25mn of *naked truth* audio demos to allow people to get a feel of what StiX can do. And demo versions that can be used to test StiX thoroughly before purchasing it.
Last edited by Lotuzia on Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

masterhiggins wrote:Okay I was pretty skeptical at first but wow, this thing is punchy as hell.

Is it possible to switch patterns immediately without waiting for the next bar? I love using that feature in Tremor.
Thanks.

No you have to wait for the next bar at the moment. But that could be an interesting feature, if it's compatible with the engines and can be done without timing or glitching issues. i'll put this one in the list of *possibilities*.

Return to “Instruments”