StiX : MultiSynthesis Drum Machine (v1.6 Released + Flash sales)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
StiX

I wasn't able to use it long enough in logic without crashing. Unfortunately as Logic is my only daw, it was pointless to keep it so I sold it.

memyselfandus wrote:Can someone who uses Logic try this out?
AU instruments don't support midi out, hence it won't work in Logic with midi out.
I don't have Logic or Stix, but I can't imagine it working.

BDeep wrote:
memyselfandus wrote:Can someone who uses Logic try this out?
AU instruments don't support midi out, hence it won't work in Logic with midi out.
I don't have Logic or Stix, but I can't imagine it working.
Yes, unfortunately AU instruments don't support Midi out. Thjis was also confirmed by Xils recently. So for those who use only Logic, there no way to export midi data from StiX, or control another drum machine with StiX sequencer live. I can imagine a turnaround beeing to use another daw, or the lite version of another daw, then pass midi from one daw to another.

It works ok in all my hosts in PC. Though I almost never use this feature myself.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

i to would love some form of drag and drop pattern, much like geist. i also think it would be good to be able to at least export patterns as midi.. if this was added this would be really amazing; it's synthesis abilities beats out the competition sound-wise.
anyone have any tips about midi or exporting other that the stix format?

inkwarp wrote:it's synthesis abilities beats out the competition sound-wise.
Drumspillage gives it a run for its money. The engine tweakability is crazy. The developer is considering windows support. If that happens I think it'll be a great thing.

When will there be an Update ?

I agree some kind of audio/midi drag and drop like Geist, Nerve and Revolution would be kind of standard for a HQ Drummachine.

Undo/Redo and the ability to set favorite sample folders would be very welcome additions as well.
Right now you can import a wave file , but you can't browse easily within the folder or even bookmark it for next time.

Also I think the Synth engine to make kicks needs to be updated.
Especially for techno and house kicks, synths like Drumspillage and Tremor are way better and easier to program.
I just can't program a decent clean techno kick while this is effortless w the above mentioned.

No midi out from Stix in Logic is a good reason to add drag n drop

It seems the only people who don't want drag n drop midi is Xils. I really don't get it. They could have the best product on the market but seems they do not to want to listen to us.

Edit: midi out doesn't work in Ableton Live 9.7 on mac.

simmo75 wrote:It seems the only people who don't want drag n drop midi is Xils. I really don't get it. They could have the best product on the market but seems they do not to want to listen to us.

To clarify, you're using the VST? Won't work with AU.

simmo75 wrote:It seems the only people who don't want drag n drop midi is Xils. I really don't get it. They could have the best product on the market but seems they do not to want to listen to us.

You have to use the VST version for that.

It really could be one of the best drummachines , but so many simple important things are just left out :

- no dedicated noise unless you trade it for the only sample slot.
- can't set amount of steps on individual tracks for polyrhythms
- can't randomize sounds on selected/individual tracks only
- simple eq for boost/cut high/low frequencies.
- hihat choke

Hoping for an update soon , otherwise I might just sell it.

BDeep wrote:

To clarify, you're using the VST? Won't work with AU.

Yes VST, midi out doesn't work in Ableton Live 9.7.

masterhiggins wrote:I wasn't able to use it long enough in logic without crashing. Unfortunately as Logic is my only daw, it was pointless to keep it so I sold it.
If some users experience similar crashes on Logic they should contact Xils-Lab

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

christian f. wrote:

You have to use the VST version for that.

It really could be one of the best drummachines , but so many simple important things are just left out :

- no dedicated noise unless you trade it for the only sample slot.
- can't set amount of steps on individual tracks for polyrhythms
- can't randomize sounds on selected/individual tracks only
- simple eq for boost/cut high/low frequencies.
- hihat choke

Hoping for an update soon , otherwise I might just sell it.
+1 , though despite it's failings I feel it is still a keeper for me.

inkwarp wrote:i to would love some form of drag and drop pattern, much like geist. i also think it would be good to be able to at least export patterns as midi.. if this was added this would be really amazing; it's synthesis abilities beats out the competition sound-wise.
anyone have any tips about midi or exporting other that the stix format?
Actually StiX doesnt export Midi in StiX format, StiX output and enable recording Midi Data in any track of your Daw. So you can edit it like if you have played the drums manually (wich is also possible in StiX btw)

The advantage to record midi data VS pattern export/drag'n'drop are :

1/ You can record (print to track) any length. Ie not only a 'pattern' but also a whole song, any number of bars, a simple break etc.
2/ You can control live external instruments with StiX sequencer.

The disadvantage of exporting midi data, wheter it's recording midi to StiX midi output, or drag'n'drop etc is : You won't benefit anymore of tools like the PolyStep modulators. (because it is triggered by the sequencer engine). This is why I seldom record Midi out of StiX. The PolyStep is a super powerfull -and unique- tool that can bring to life any kind of drum part : Little effort, great sound and benefits.

christian f. wrote:When will there be an Update ?

Also I think the Synth engine to make kicks needs to be updated.
Especially for techno and house kicks, synths like Drumspillage and Tremor are way better and easier to program.
I just can't program a decent clean techno kick while this is effortless w the above mentioned.
Although I feel Stix has a good sound - to my ears smoother and warmer than Tremor - I feel the same way about the kicks... I have to use a sample to get somewhere. And in the end,a tune could end up needing 'kick drum-replacement therapy'.

Return to “Instruments”