Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals

Best preset morphing vst?

aMUSEd
KVRAF

28150 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:19 pm Re: Best preset morphing vst?

No but it's something I suggested for Zebra 3. I think what is needed is a 5th XY pad that can record positions for the other 4 and move between them, or even better something like Kore's grid where you can store variations (I do this with Zebra in Kore already).
aMUSEd
KVRAF

Postby aMUSEd; Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:25 pm Re: Best preset morphing vst?

Although I think a circular morph arrangement like in NI Skanner is better in some respects as every point is the same distance - rectangular grids map better to hardware but the shape makes some morphs easier to do than others, you don't have that problem with a morph circle.
EnGee
KVRAF

4077 posts since 7 Oct, 2005, from Auckland - NZ

Postby EnGee; Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:36 pm Re: Best preset morphing vst?

aMUSEd wrote:No but it's something I suggested for Zebra 3. I think what is needed is a 5th XY pad that can record positions for the other 4 and move between them, or even better something like Kore's grid where you can store variations (I do this with Zebra in Kore already).

This is a great idea.
It would be nice if there are also two ways to save the morphing, by recording or drawing lines or curves.

I have just checked Loom. It doesn't have recording, so only drawing mode. But it has a very nice feature, the sync function that keeps the speed relation of every line in sync from 16 bars to the 1/16th of the bar. It is really nice.

Windows 10 PC with Waldorf Blofeld as my synth/midi controller and HS7 as monitors.
Cubase 9/ Reaper 5/ FL Studio 12 with synths/instruments/effects mainly from u-he, Air, NI, Steinberg, Waves, Sonivox and Synapse Audio.
aMUSEd
KVRAF

Postby aMUSEd; Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:40 pm Re: Best preset morphing vst?

Yes only drawing, but it works great, all the presets in my Loom bank have the option to switch between drawn envelopes I made and live morphing. What I particularly like are the multiple retrigger options because if you make a complex path I don't always want every voice to start at the beginning. Would be good to be able to save paths as presets though.
EnGee
KVRAF

Postby EnGee; Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:59 pm Re: Best preset morphing vst?

Yes, the retrigger options are nice. Of course it is very important.

I agree if there will be any future Loom version, it would be nice if they implement the ability to load/save the morphing and maybe a drop down box to apply what you choose. Have you requested this from the developers as an FR?

Windows 10 PC with Waldorf Blofeld as my synth/midi controller and HS7 as monitors.
Cubase 9/ Reaper 5/ FL Studio 12 with synths/instruments/effects mainly from u-he, Air, NI, Steinberg, Waves, Sonivox and Synapse Audio.
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF

6714 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Postby VariKusBrainZ; Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:35 pm Re: Best preset morphing vst?

The future is yesterday
sl1914
KVRist

438 posts since 24 Feb, 2008

Postby sl1914; Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:54 pm Re: Best preset morphing vst?

EnGee wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:No but it's something I suggested for Zebra 3. I think what is needed is a 5th XY pad that can record positions for the other 4 and move between them, or even better something like Kore's grid where you can store variations (I do this with Zebra in Kore already).

This is a great idea.
It would be nice if there are also two ways to save the morphing, by recording or drawing lines or curves.

I have just checked Loom. It doesn't have recording, so only drawing mode. But it has a very nice feature, the sync function that keeps the speed relation of every line in sync from 16 bars to the 1/16th of the bar. It is really nice.

You might check Rob Papen's Blue2. It has a feature called Vector mode which allows you morphing like this.
Starts from 7:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqTKKKZOc-I;t=450
aMUSEd
KVRAF

Postby aMUSEd; Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:30 pm Re: Best preset morphing vst?

I know - I have it :)

I find it rather complicated to setup though - and again it's not really preset morphing, just between certain params, although you can create some complex modulations with it.
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF

6714 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Postby VariKusBrainZ; Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:36 pm Re: Best preset morphing vst?

VSTforx also does morphing, to a degree
https://youtu.be/6_1z0yVzGVA
The future is yesterday
waltercruz
KVRian

1420 posts since 3 Dec, 2011, from Brasília, Brazil

Postby waltercruz; Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:43 pm Re: Best preset morphing vst?

FM8 can do preset morphing don't? is it any good?
EnGee
KVRAF

Postby EnGee; Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:45 pm Re: Best preset morphing vst?

sl1914 wrote:
EnGee wrote:

This is a great idea.

You might check Rob Papen's Blue2. It has a feature called Vector mode which allows you morphing like this.
Starts from 7:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqTKKKZOc-I;t=450

Very interesting synth. It has many things I like. I don't know why I didn't put attention at it.
Downloading the demo now :)

aMUSEd
KVRAF

Postby aMUSEd; Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:47 pm Re: Best preset morphing vst?

waltercruz wrote:FM8 can do preset morphing don't? is it any good?

Yes very well implemented and you can set up morphs easily between 4 presets (and it is proper preset morphing, not just a few params) and of course it can also be automated. I also like the ability to randomise the morphed sounds by varying degrees.
pdxindy
KVRAF

12364 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from in the wilds

Postby pdxindy; Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:49 pm Re: Best preset morphing vst?

aMUSEd wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Oh and there is Obscurium that can do morphing of selected params, although not whole plugin states (then the same is true of the some of the examples given like Zebra's XYs that can modulate and morph between selected sets of params but not between two or more distinct presets or whole plugin states).

The problem with Morphing presets for something like Zebra is that 2 different presets can have entirely different sets of modules active...

Oh yes, nothing can do that, even Kore can only morph within a given structure, also morphing can't do things like change samples on the fly or anything that involves a discontinuous state (or if badly programmed it can try and you end up with a crash or bad sounds - Kore is too smart to try). However since Zebra is modular I tend to think of each preset as an instrument to itself, so you can create multiple snapshots of each instrument state in Kore and morph between those, something you can't do in Zebra, although I'm hoping Zebra 3 will have such a facility built in.

Yeah... I would love for Zebra 3 to have built-in snapshots...
jk-cream2
Banned

Postby jk-cream2; Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:01 am Re: Best preset morphing vst?

Oddity2, from what I can work out from the demo seems to have a one time only patch morphing thingy. That strobe2 looks interesting but it doesn't seem to x-fade the effects?
acYm
KVRian

542 posts since 11 Sep, 2015

Postby acYm; Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:11 am Re: Best preset morphing vst?

Well, if I can offer my personal advice. If you ever see a full Kore2 package in working condition pop up on ebay or something, treat the situation on a money is no object basis. Do not let it slip. That is all. The world that Kore opens cannot be explained, only explored.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments