Tone2 will release Icarus - 3D WaveTable Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Elevation for Icarus Icarus3

tristan- wrote:
exmatproton wrote:
They did this in past indeed. It seems all of this is "fixed" and the plugins are just offline.

I'm talking about (for example) this thread on GS. have a read at post #8.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electro ... ebird.html
I read what was posted there: AiR, as in TeamAir? Isn't that some sort of warez group or whatever? Where was that person going on the internet to quote people like that, I guess they frequent those types of sites. :roll:

I have had no problems with Tone2 products.

Examigan wrote:
tristan- wrote:
exmatproton wrote:
They did this in past indeed. It seems all of this is "fixed" and the plugins are just offline.

I read what was posted there: AiR, as in TeamAir? Isn't that some sort of warez group or whatever? Where was that person going on the internet to quote people like that, I guess they frequent those types of sites. :roll:

I have had no problems with Tone2 products.
Warez groups are the most credible and ethical correct groups on the net. Didn't you know that? :P

well, GS is a legitimate forum. nevertheless, I don't think there are any issues which are taboo from discussion - quite the opposite, that's why forums like KVR exist. Illegal audio apps distribution is one of those topics...

but it's definitely not what I'm looking to understand here.
I want to know because I detest intrusive programs. also it hurts me as a paying customer to being treated like a thief.

now look, software is being hacked all the time. and the only ones who suffer from intrusive copy protections are loyal paying customers.

if it's a non issue now, I'll be happy to know that for certain. maybe someone from Tone2 would chime in about this.

tristan- wrote:also it hurts me as a paying customer to being treated like a thief.
You are not.

You best bet would be to ask the dev himself. Contact info is on Tone2's webvsite. Really, there's noone here which will have that amount of info. It's mostly guesses, assumptions, and trust in statements from warez groups. If you decided to do so, please let us know. I'd be interested in that too.

tristan- wrote:
exmatproton wrote:

Yeah, i know what you're talking about. You did see the date, right? 2011?

It's not a Tone2 thread without somebody mentioning those Cracker words. Despite the fact that Tone2 have one of the nicest form of Copy Protection (Keyfile), people would rather believe the Warez kiddie word.

I've been a loyal customer of Tone2 for years, and i've never had any problem with their plugin. Especially regarding copy protection.
musisikamar.com

same here, never had a problem with tone2, it s just a keyfile, after that, all registrery entry are intrusive...

If a single cycle is 2,048 samples long, and the wavetable has 256 cycles, then I should be able to import a WAV file up to 524,288 samples long. When I try to import a WAV file much smaller than that, Icarus asks me if I'd like to trim it down to 256 cycles. I shouldn't have to. If each cycle is indeed 2,048 sample long, and I have 256 cycles at my disposal, then I should be able to load a WAV file that is 200,000 samples long without having to trim a thing. What's up with that?

Sound Author wrote:If a single cycle is 2,048 samples long, and the wavetable has 256 cycles, then I should be able to import a WAV file up to 524,288 samples long. When I try to import a WAV file much smaller than that, Icarus asks me if I'd like to trim it down to 256 cycles. I shouldn't have to. If each cycle is indeed 2,048 sample long, and I have 256 cycles at my disposal, then I should be able to load a WAV file that is 200,000 samples long without having to trim a thing. What's up with that?
Post this question at the Tone2 forum. Tone2 never visits kvr to answer questions.

exmatproton wrote:
Sound Author wrote:If a single cycle is 2,048 samples long, and the wavetable has 256 cycles, then I should be able to import a WAV file up to 524,288 samples long. When I try to import a WAV file much smaller than that, Icarus asks me if I'd like to trim it down to 256 cycles. I shouldn't have to. If each cycle is indeed 2,048 sample long, and I have 256 cycles at my disposal, then I should be able to load a WAV file that is 200,000 samples long without having to trim a thing. What's up with that?
Post this question at the Tone2 forum. Tone2 never visits kvr to answer questions.
I'm trying to register on the forum but I need some kind of "BestService" code.

Their forum requires you be a customer. If you don't own one of their products, just email them and you'll get your question answered either way. Their support email is up on their main site.

KingTuck wrote:Their forum requires you be a customer. If you don't own one of their products, just email them and you'll get your question answered either way. Their support email is up on their main site.
It's an NFR for review. Sent Markus an email. I'm sure he'll get back to me soon.

Is it just me, or does the "Repeating Loop" re-synthesis mode sound really garbled? :?

At first this one was annouced for April. :x Seems like they've finally finished it. :roll:

From their facebook page:
[i]"Finally, after 3 years of development, our masterpiece is finished.
Icarus will be released on August, the 4th.
https://tone2.com/html/icarus.html"[/i]

flakes2 wrote:At first this one was annouced for April. :x
Don't think it was - it was officially announced in April but the release date has always been stated as 'summer' - which it is.

Return to “Instruments”