Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Orion Sound Module: Free Rompler

SampleScience
KVRAF

3738 posts since 31 Oct, 2004, from Mtl, Canada

Postby SampleScience; Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:19 am Orion Sound Module: Free Rompler

I've just released a free rompler instrument called Orion Sound Module. The idea behind the Orion Sound Module plugin is to provide a rompler based on public domain samples that can be used to create royalty-free loops. At first, I made the plugin for my own loop production but decided to share it with the world in the spirit of giving back to the community that gave me so much. The result is a 3gigs rompler full of great sounds that cover the basics: pianos, basses, percussion, world instruments, analogue synthesizers and modular synthesis.

Orion Sound Module sports a simple and intuitive interface made to be easy to work with. The plugin is perfect to sketch out ideas before using bigger libraries that can tax the RAM and CPU very quickly!

EDIT: Now includes 97 instruments! Check out Orion Sound Module's webpage for the list of all the included instruments.

Audio demo:

https://soundcloud.com/samplesciencemtl/sets/orion-sound-module

Available as a Windows VST plugin (32/64 bit) and Universal VST/AU for Mac OSX plugins.

Download: http://www.samplescience.ca/2016/01/orion-sound-module.html

IF you find a bug, let me know by email: samplesciencemtl@hotmail.com

I hope you'll like the plugin! Cheers! :party:
Last edited by SampleScience on Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AnX
KVRAF

2007 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Postby AnX; Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:26 am Re: Orion Sound Module: Free Rompler

Not to be confused with Orion by Synapse Audio but....

can users load content? What audio formats does it use?
aMUSEd
KVRAF

28071 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:28 am Re: Orion Sound Module: Free Rompler

AnX wrote:Not to be confused with Orion by Synapse Audio

Which of course is exactly what drew me to the thread, not a good idea.
Numanoid
KVRAF

25857 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from a star near where you are

Postby Numanoid; Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:58 am Re: Orion Sound Module: Free Rompler

SampleScience wrote:I've just released a free rompler instrument called Orion Sound Module. The idea behind the Orion Sound Module plugin is to provide a rompler based on public domain samples that can be used to create royalty-free loops. At first, I made the plugin for my own loop production but decided to share it with the world in the spirit of giving back to the community that gave me so much. The result is a 3gigs rompler full of great sounds that cover the basics: pianos, basses, percussion, world instruments, analogue synthesizers and modular synthesis.

Thanks a lot, will check this out

3GB free, that is quite a mouthful :tu:
PTV
KVRAF

1985 posts since 4 Jan, 2006

Postby PTV; Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:19 pm Re: Orion Sound Module: Free Rompler

Thank you!
Slaapstadseun
KVRist

120 posts since 9 Jan, 2011

Postby Slaapstadseun; Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:36 pm Re: Orion Sound Module: Free Rompler

Is Orion multitimbral? Does it have separate outs?
Numanoid
KVRAF

Postby Numanoid; Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:40 pm Re: Orion Sound Module: Free Rompler

Slaapstadseun wrote:Is Orion multitimbral? Does it have separate outs?

Is it free ? :P
Northwood Mediaworks
KVRist

106 posts since 22 Jun, 2011

Postby Northwood Mediaworks; Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:41 pm Re: Orion Sound Module: Free Rompler

Is the content all PD or royalty free?

Thx
SampleScience
KVRAF

Postby SampleScience; Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:05 pm Re: Orion Sound Module: Free Rompler

Northwood Mediaworks wrote:Is the content all PD or royalty free?

Thx

The content is all public domain, that's why it can be used to create royalty-free loops and even samples that you can sell if you want.

About the name Orion: well, Orion by Synapse Audio has been discontinued and the name and concept are different enough.

I'm thinking about giving the files needed to create your own instruments for it. With the demo version of Maize Sampler pretty much anyone could create instrument for the Orion Sound Module, which would be cool. I'll have to do some tests to see if it would work, in theory it should.
SampleScience
KVRAF

Postby SampleScience; Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:55 am Re: Orion Sound Module: Free Rompler

A use manual is now available:

https://archive.org/download/OrionSoundModuleDemo/OrionSoundModuleManual.pdf

It should answers the usual questions people have with the plugin.
SampleScience
KVRAF

Postby SampleScience; Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:24 am Re: Orion Sound Module: Free Rompler

Now that's weird. I provide the instrument for free and it gets pirated all over the place. It's kind of useless since there's no ads on my website, while there's plenty of ads on those pirate websites. Furthermore, I provide one simple download link by email, while the instrument is split in 4 parts on those sites. Ah well, people are strange...
bigcat1969
KVRian

1249 posts since 30 Jul, 2013

Postby bigcat1969; Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:18 pm Re: Orion Sound Module: Free Rompler

Take it as a compliment! It was a big enough ship enough to be plundered just like the bigtime commercial boats... err plugs.
woodsdenis
KVRian

1376 posts since 24 Feb, 2005

Postby woodsdenis; Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:34 pm Re: Orion Sound Module: Free Rompler

Is there a facility to store the content on an external drive ?
Mac Pro
10.12.6 Digi 96 io
Cubase 9, Ableton Live 9.7, Bitwig 1.3
Numanoid
KVRAF

Postby Numanoid; Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:35 pm Re: Orion Sound Module: Free Rompler

SampleScience wrote:Now that's weird. I provide the instrument for free and it gets pirated all over the place. It's kind of useless since there's no ads on my website, while there's plenty of ads on those pirate websites. Furthermore, I provide one simple download link by email, while the instrument is split in 4 parts on those sites. Ah well, people are strange...

Indeed, times must be hard for pirates when they pirate free stuff :hihi:
bigcat1969
KVRian

1249 posts since 30 Jul, 2013

Postby bigcat1969; Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:16 pm Re: Orion Sound Module: Free Rompler

I put it on my free instrument blog.

It is quite nice and very fast to load. Grats on making this from Maize. I had no idea you could do something like this with it.

I did some public domain flutes, trumpet, trombone and tuba from the Iowa samples, including tuning, for Maize. I don't know if you could use any of them to add to the library or something?
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments