Orion Sound Module: Free Rompler

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That is even better! Looking forward to this.

I'm looking forward to being able to drop in .mse files from other Maize romplers that are never updated, so I always have a stable rompler! :clap:
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Michael L wrote:I'm looking forward to being able to drop in .mse files from other Maize romplers that are never updated, so I always have a stable rompler! :clap:
That's the idea. :)

Here's a preview pic of the SampleScience Player, which is the plugin that will replace Orion Sound Module. All the problems/bugs found in Orion Sound Module are been addressed and hopefully fixed. The SampleScience Player will work with expansion packs, both free and commercial.

Hooray!!
(.mse only, or multi-formats?)
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Looks nice ;) Best of luck! ;)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

Awesome! Looking forward to trying it out.

Sam Gossner has placed VSCO2 Community under CC0 or Public Domain if you want to add a lot of orchestral instruments to your Rompler?

bigcat1969 wrote:Awesome! Looking forward to trying it out.

Sam Gossner has placed VSCO2 Community under CC0 or Public Domain if you want to add a lot of orchestral instruments to your Rompler?
Really?!? :o I thought about doing an expansion with Gossner's VSCO2, but if it's public domain now I'll include it in the default library.

Michael L wrote:Hooray!!
(.mse only, or multi-formats?)
.mse only. I'm thinking about making available the graphics and layout (the xml file) for other to easily customize, but I'm not sure yet if it's a good strategy. We'll see!

So far, I'm quite excited about the sounds that I've converted for it. :)

SampleScience wrote:I'm thinking about making available the graphics and layout (the xml file) for other to easily customize, but I'm not sure yet if it's a good strategy. We'll see!
Awesome! Looking forward to it! ;)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

.jon wrote:Cool :)

One thing that bugs me about all similar plugins is the inclusion of synth samples, I understand why they are there but personally would never use a sample for a synth bass for example, when I can use a synth and all it's modulation instead. And with all the free synths these days, maybe everyone has a synth.

I'd love to have a rompler with only non-synthesizer sounds to augment my plugins.
Thank you for the suggestion, it'll help with the sound selection for the default sound library. Synth sounds could be provided as a separate download in the form of an expansion pack.

Initially, I didn't expect Orion Sound Module to be this popular, so i included all kind of sounds I could find in the public domain and that was it. For SampleScience Player, they'll be public domain, creative commons with attribution and even commercial sound packs. The license type will be shown on the instrument GUI itself.

Michael L wrote:I'm looking forward to being able to drop in .mse files from other Maize romplers that are never updated, so I always have a stable rompler! :clap:
By the way, all my plugins have been updated for compatibility with Mac OSX Sierra. The player will help updating the library faster, but it not necessary either.

^^^Nice to know that!
I have many abandoned instruments whose public domain .mse files are waiting for a new home. If you make the .xml files available for others, please ensure quality control.
(Perhaps others can make only .mse files for your Player and share them on kvr. Are the Instrument and Group properties contained in the .mse files?)
Last edited by Michael L on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Estimated release for the Samplescience Player? Looks great! Looking forward to this! I already love Orion Sound Module and this looks even better!

Good question on VSCO2 since it was a different license earlier, however I double checked and if you look here, http://vis.versilstudios.net/vsco-2.html and scroll down a bit to Community Edition it says "CC0/Public Domain". They are also listed that way on freesound.org.

Just a note from my experience that the newer Maize version isn't compatible with Windows XP.

Return to “Instruments”