Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals

New synth ArcSyn

wagtunes
KVRAF

9662 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Sun May 08, 2016 7:02 pm Re: New synth ArcSyn

JoeCat wrote:TY (big time) for the Paddle heads up - besides the coupon, wait for the e-mail before purchasing. I guess Paddle thinks you're going to bow out and sends the 20% off discount to get you back in gear. Worked for me. At this price, and with the new skins (awesome), this is a beast!

I haven't even figured out half of what's going on with that village of LFOs, but having great fun with the patches.

If I had to nitpick, I'd agree Env4 is a weird choice to pre-patch to the amp, and I'd prefer if the pre-patched envelope for filter 2 was different from filter 1. But, really, who cares?

The only thing (IMHO) that's really "missing", and it's kinda big considering the lfo's and remarkable arsenal of tempo-synced effects: Trip and dot sync choices (1/8D, 1/8T, etc. - unless I'm overlooking something?) In any case, that's a biggy, but I (hope) easy to add without effecting current patches.

In any case - still a huge synth for the money - real easy to get from bread-butter to sci-fi. Gonna lose some days playing :hyper:

My only complaint now (no, not the GUI) is that with all the possible modulation targets in this synth, so many have been left out. No way to modulate any of the FX parameters, which I think is a major oversight. But all in all, totally loving this synth and having a blast programming it.
JoeCat
KVRian

1034 posts since 19 May, 2011, from North Carolina

Postby JoeCat; Sun May 08, 2016 8:00 pm Re: New synth ArcSyn

wagtunes wrote:
JoeCat wrote:TY (big time) for the Paddle heads up - besides the coupon, wait for the e-mail before purchasing. I guess Paddle thinks you're going to bow out and sends the 20% off discount to get you back in gear. Worked for me. At this price, and with the new skins (awesome), this is a beast!

I haven't even figured out half of what's going on with that village of LFOs, but having great fun with the patches.

If I had to nitpick, I'd agree Env4 is a weird choice to pre-patch to the amp, and I'd prefer if the pre-patched envelope for filter 2 was different from filter 1. But, really, who cares?

The only thing (IMHO) that's really "missing", and it's kinda big considering the lfo's and remarkable arsenal of tempo-synced effects: Trip and dot sync choices (1/8D, 1/8T, etc. - unless I'm overlooking something?) In any case, that's a biggy, but I (hope) easy to add without effecting current patches.

In any case - still a huge synth for the money - real easy to get from bread-butter to sci-fi. Gonna lose some days playing :hyper:

My only complaint now (no, not the GUI) is that with all the possible modulation targets in this synth, so many have been left out. No way to modulate any of the FX parameters, which I think is a major oversight. But all in all, totally loving this synth and having a blast programming it.

Modding the FX would be killer - and since adding that won't hurt existing patches, maybe we'll see it in an update :)
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

13511 posts since 12 Oct, 2008, from Here and there

Postby Sampleconstruct; Sun May 08, 2016 9:13 pm Re: New synth ArcSyn

JoeCat wrote:

You already have triplets and dotted LFO sync choices, check again.
Ingonator
KVRAF

11614 posts since 21 Mar, 2008, from Hannover, Germany

Postby Ingonator; Sun May 08, 2016 10:51 pm Re: New synth ArcSyn

Daags wrote:
Ingonator wrote:... including the Beta of the upcoming Tone2 Icarus and several more...

this reads like product-placement spam

No it is not. I also mentioned that ArcSyn seems to be great on it's own while for me the problem is that i already own a lot of others synths including some that have comparable features.

Icarus is the synth i worked with most of the time around the last 4-months and many features remind me of those in ArcSyn or are comparable to them (e.g. the filter modes and others). Electra 2.1 seems to be somwhow comparable too.
FWIW like ArcSyn Icarus also has a bunch of complex LFO shapes wit ha "Shape" control knob" while it does not have the 16 slots like in ArcSyn (where i still do not know exactly for what it could be reallly useful).
Some of the Osc modes in ArcSyn remind me of the Osc Morph modes in Icarus (especially the FM and Sync modes but also others), same about the Unison modes like e.g. Hypersaw and Supersaw (ArcSyn has Supersaw and SuperSquare modes where Icarus could do this with all waveforms).

For me the point is if the unique features in ArcSyn are enough to buy another new synth while i alraedy got tons of other great ones that in parts were not used very often so far.

Anyway also due the current sale it could still be possible that i decide to get ArcSyn, also after checking the demo a bit more.
Ingo Weidner
HW: Blofeld, Pulse 2, UltraNova, Bass Station 2
SW: PPG 3.V, Largo, Nave, Icarus, Avenger, Serum, Legend, Saurus 2, Diva, Repro-5, VC 6, Komplete 10, many more
i5-3350P / Win 10 x64 / Live 9 / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Bitwig 2 / Studio One 3
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

Postby Sampleconstruct; Mon May 09, 2016 1:59 am Re: New synth ArcSyn

Ingonator wrote:FWIW like ArcSyn Icarus also has a bunch of complex LFO shapes wit ha "Shape" control knob" while it does not have the 16 slots like in ArcSyn (where i still do not know exactly for what it could be reallly useful).

It's one of the main selling points for ArcSyn, you basically have 8 step sequencers with up to 16 steps each for creating pitch sequences or rhythmical sequences or you can use one LFO sequence to activate/deactivate other LFOs, or you can setup very long and ever evolving modulation sequences with all sorts of shapes.
JoeCat
KVRian

Postby JoeCat; Mon May 09, 2016 4:13 am Re: New synth ArcSyn

Sampleconstruct wrote:
JoeCat wrote:

You already have triplets and dotted LFO sync choices, check again.

I stand corrected.

In that case, I'm of the camp that that's a funky nomenclature. But now it's a nitpick
Charlie Firpo
KVRist

99 posts since 22 Feb, 2005

Postby Charlie Firpo; Mon May 09, 2016 4:34 am Re: New synth ArcSyn

Love this synth! But the lfo's "reset" does'nt work with long releases on env 4? Try it with lfo1 modulating pitch or pwm and press a key a couple of times (fast)
tommyzai
KVRist

313 posts since 12 Jan, 2011

Postby tommyzai; Tue May 17, 2016 9:31 am Re: New synth ArcSyn

Love the new skin options.

Side Question: Is there a way to insert images on KVR directly from the desktop?
david.beholder
KVRian

1353 posts since 12 Sep, 2007

Postby david.beholder; Tue May 17, 2016 3:50 pm Re: New synth ArcSyn

Ingonator wrote:
Daags wrote:
Ingonator wrote:... including the Beta of the upcoming Tone2 Icarus and several more...

this reads like product-placement spam

No it is not. I also mentioned that ArcSyn seems to be great on it's own while for me the problem is that i already own a lot of others synths including some that have comparable features.

Yes it is! And you're doing your crappy marketing all the time.
Image Murderous duck!
wagtunes
KVRAF

9662 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:00 am Re: New synth ArcSyn

Finally got this done. Released today. Totally fun synth. And I even found the volume knob. lol.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... for-arcsyn
layzer
KVRAF

4659 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Postby layzer; Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:04 pm Re: New synth ArcSyn

Arcsyn has been updated to v1.6 grab it.

http://www.spcplugins.com/arcsyn
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]
DMuzik
KVRist

160 posts since 13 Jun, 2002, from Gothenburg, Sweden

Postby DMuzik; Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:46 am Re: New synth ArcSyn

Is there a change log?
ErikH
KVRist

444 posts since 16 May, 2012, from Antwerp

Postby ErikH; Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:22 am Re: New synth ArcSyn

Yes, on the Manual page.

ArcSyn v1.6

- New: Oscillator phase RESET buttons. Sets oscillator phase to zero when a new note is played.

- Fixed: Response to MIDI sustain pedal release was incorrect.
- Fixed: Turning an effect off, switching to a new effect then turning back on would result in the old effect turning back on.
- Fixed: Switching LFO number sometimes left spurious bits of waveforms displayed in steps which should have been empty.
- Fixed: Filter link doesn't forget filter-2 offset when turned off.

- Over 40 new programs including a Percussion folder.
I think I know I mean err... "Yes" but it's all wrong... that is I think I disagree...
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

Postby Sampleconstruct; Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:32 am Re: New synth ArcSyn

Beware not to overwrite the My Programs-folder when installing the update.
JoeCat
KVRian

Postby JoeCat; Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:18 am Re: New synth ArcSyn

Phase Reset! :hyper: :tu: :clap:
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments