Best modular synth AU?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Best modular synth AU?

What you think is or are the best modular AU(s)?

P.s.
I tried Uhe Ace demo and there is a chance it will be my purchase.
I tried to play with it and i got some interesting sounds i was not execting to get from analog synth.
I tried to recreat the same sound with Fxpansion Cypher which i own and i was not able to recreate even remotely close even though Cypher has awrything which i used in Ace.
https://слово-божье.рф

Have you tried Audulus its cheap and completely nuts.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Xils-Lab Xils 3 & 4, NI Reaktor, Aalto, Kaivo, Bazille deserve to be considered I think
Last edited by Lotuzia on Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

The best?

Reaktor 6 blocks IMO
:borg:

Surprised no one said Zebra.

Zebra HZ with massive modular addon.

Bazille

ACE

Im keen on Reaktor 6 but there's no demo.

Plugmon redesigned the GUI for Zebra and Zebra HZ. Notice the Diva filter :)
Last edited by Jax Pok on Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Jax Pok wrote:Zebra HZ with massive modular addon.

Bazille

ACE

Im keen on Reaktor 6 but there's no demo.
You can demo Reaktor. Just download the player version and create a new ensemble, it will ask to run in demo mode.
Only drawback is that it doesn't come with the library, so you have to make do with stuff you downloaded from the user library.

Audulus 3 is available for mac...that looks mental but I haven't tried it.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

V0RT3X wrote:The best?

Reaktor 6 blocks IMO
Is there a ready made blocks ensemble that can be re-wired like with ACE?

werp wrote:Audulus 3 is available for mac...that looks mental but I haven't tried it.
Audulus 3 looks like it has something similar to Reaktor Blocks now.

UVI Falcon has a modular architecture too and should be availabkle in all plugin formats (except RE...). The oscillator modules offer tons of features including Analog, 8 Osc Analog , Wavetable, FM, Organ (drawbars), Sample playbacky, Granular and others. Includes lots of filter, modulation and FX modules.

Besides that there should be other Modulars like e.g. Reaktor 6, XILS 4 (+ v3) and Arturia Modular V that offer an AU plugin.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/13- ... nts-610221

If you are into Psytrance, KarmaFX has a lot of dope (303)Presets.

Lotuzia wrote:Xils-Lab Xils 3 & 4, NI Reaktor, Aalto, Kaivo, Bazille deserve to be considered I think

Yes Reaktor is nice thing but i am on 5. Waiting for new Komplete to get 6.
https://слово-божье.рф

pdxindy wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:The best?

Reaktor 6 blocks IMO
Is there a ready made blocks ensemble that can be re-wired like with ACE?

Nothing like this unfortunately exists in reaktor afaik. A.c.e is incredible but i answered the op based on his request for the best modular synth. Seeing how you can add or remove as many modules as you want you, it lets you go as deep as you want. This in my opinion makes reaktor an incredibly complex and deep modular synth and surpasses ACE, Zebra and bazille with the amount of never ending possibilities. Sure most blocks patches require you to wire them constantly to make new more complex patches, and it's nowhere near as cool as the hardwire style patching experience you get in Ace or bazille, but it is just as capable if you know what you are doing. However once you know what you are doing you'll find it can surpass either ACE or Bazille because you can add as many modules as you want. As far as the synthesis capabilities goes, reaktor is deep.

You have access to sampling, FM, Granular, Additive, Modal, VA, wavetable, waveshaping, etc which easily surpasses the combined types of synthesis that U-hes products contain to date. Should you wish you can attempt to program your own algoritms using core, and good luck with that.

However when in boils down to immediacy, sound, stability and well thought out workflow U-he stuff is hard to beat. Right now I own everything they make except Zebra2 and Hive which i intend to purchase very soon :borg:

My closing thoughts for the Op

Buy ACE & Bazille if you want to learn. They both compliment Synthsquad nicely, but when you want something even crazier then buy Reaktor 6 or wait for Komplete 11.
:borg:

Agreed - I just picked up ACE and Beatzille to begin my modular education. Price of admission for Beatzille is a no-brainer in my book. :phones:
"Yeah Butch tell Paul McCartney what to do..." - Dave Grohl, Sound City

Return to “Instruments”