Pulsar 900 Series

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
900 Series Modular Synthesizer

gentleclockdivider wrote: You mean like a RAM hog ?
No.

pulsarmodular wrote:
nevernamed wrote:I'd be interested in the Pulsar 900. It sounds great. I've read somewhere that it's optimised for retina displays though. Is that true? What about more traditional displays? Is there a plan to develop a GUI that's a bit more conducive to pre-retina macbook pro screens etc?

The photorealistic GUI isn't to my taste always but it's workable I suppose. Just wondering if there are plans to offer slightly more streamlined GUI stuff?
The GUI uses high res textures that look decent on non-retina displays but much sharper on retina displays because the OS does high quality downsampling. No plans for a GUI update.
Ok that's fine. Thanks for the clarification. I'd suggest perhaps a simplified, not photorealistic, GUI at some point or perhaps some sort of framework in place so the community can contribute skins etc. Nice job with the synth though.

Having the preset loader is useful but I still prefer using the library browser in Logic as it's faster and easier for me to see where to save presets of my own to - why is it the factory presets folder appears in the top menu in Logic but not in the side browser (where I would prefer it)

btw the Tangerine Dream patch in the latest update is just perfect!

nevernamed wrote: Ok that's fine. Thanks for the clarification. I'd suggest perhaps a simplified, not photorealistic, GUI at some point or perhaps some sort of framework in place so the community can contribute skins etc. Nice job with the synth though.
What's your problem with the photorealistic? Looks gorgeous, IMO.

Besides, how could he make it skinnable if adding more modules would break the skins anyway?

Better concentrate in coming out with a Windows version... The GUI looks great as it is.
Fernando (FMR)

Want for Windows!!!

Hello,
after installing 1.1beta the factory presets are gone the user presets are still there, using Numerology?
Any idea?
best
jue
Located in the European Outback

jue wrote:Hello,
after installing 1.1beta the factory presets are gone the user presets are still there, using Numerology?
Any idea?
best
jue
Sorry you had trouble with the presets. I can't help with Numerology but you can get the full collection of presets from here:
http://www.pulsarmodular.com/wp-content ... 900PGM.zip

The factory presets should be located under:
/Library/Audio/Presets/Pulsar Modular/P900PGM/Bank 0

Once installed they should all be available directly from the Load menu.

pulsarmodular wrote: The factory presets should be located under:
/Library/Audio/Presets/Pulsar Modular/P900PGM/Bank 0

Once installed they should all be available directly from the Load menu.
That's the problem, they have always shown in the load menu but not in the library for some reason. Also they now have nice descriptive names in the loader but the aupresets in that folder are just numbered.

aMUSEd wrote:Having the preset loader is useful but I still prefer using the library browser in Logic as it's faster and easier for me to see where to save presets of my own to - why is it the factory presets folder appears in the top menu in Logic but not in the side browser (where I would prefer it)

I'm not sure which side browser you are referring to. Do you mean Logic's library browser? So far as I know that's for channel strips...entire stacks of VIs, effects and sends.

Happy to hear you like that patch. I did a promotion video a little while ago and that's one of the patches created for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKu8McxOifM

pulsarmodular wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Having the preset loader is useful but I still prefer using the library browser in Logic as it's faster and easier for me to see where to save presets of my own to - why is it the factory presets folder appears in the top menu in Logic but not in the side browser (where I would prefer it)

I'm not sure which side browser you are referring to. Do you mean Logic's library browser? So far as I know that's for channel strips...entire stacks of VIs, effects and sends.

Yes the library browser - it's for presets too and more accessible than the dropdown top menu. In all other plugins what shows in the loader also shows in the library, this is an exception and I can't see why.

aMUSEd wrote:
pulsarmodular wrote:

Yes the library browser - it's for presets too and more accessible than the dropdown top menu. In all other plugins what shows in the loader also shows in the library, this is an exception and I can't see why.
I quickly tried it with two plugins that I have, Diva and Serum but I get nothing in the library browser when I insert them in a Logic track. It's empty. What am I missing?

Here's what seems to be happening - when I open the P900 Logic auto creates a subfolder in the Pulsar Modular presets folder called 'P900' - I think that is where it expects to see the presets, but clearly is is also seeing the presets in the P900PGM subfolder as they are showing in the dropdown loader. Even stranger if I copy the presets from that folder and put them in the one Logic created they do show in the library but lose their names, they just have numbers which reflects their file names, but despite that they do show their full names in the dropdown loader so they are getting that from somewhere?? So there is some inconsistent behaviour here and I can't make sense of it.

pulsarmodular wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
pulsarmodular wrote:

I quickly tried it with two plugins that I have, Diva and Serum but I get nothing in the library browser when I insert them in a Logic track. It's empty. What am I missing?
Well it won't for them as they don't even use aupresets and have an internal patch loader anyway, try picking a plugin that loads aupresets from the top dropdown.

aMUSEd wrote:Here's what seems to be happening - when I open the P900 Logic auto creates a subfolder in the Pulsar Modular presets folder called 'P900' - I think that is where it expects to see the presets, but clearly is is also seeing the presets in the P900PGM subfolder as they are showing in the dropdown loader. Even stranger if I copy the presets from that folder and put them in the one Logic created they do show in the library but lose their names, they just have numbers which reflects their file names, but despite that they do show their full names in the dropdown loader so they are getting that from somewhere?? So there is some inconsistent behaviour here and I can't make sense of it.
The factory presets are not actually standard AU presets. They use the .aupreset format and are compatible, but there's more information in them (patch notes) and they live in a different location. It's a fixed set of 128 that can be overwritten using Store from the menu or from the MIDI module. It's probably best to think of them as the native format for P900. You can switch between these presets programatically using the MIDI PGM cc. I'm a hardware nerd so the P900 tries to provide presets via the MIDI module in the form you typically have them in vintage hardware...personally I dislike being forced to name presets; I like numbers and a limited set. Anyway, it was originally designed to my preferences and but naming has since been added.

You also have the standard AU preset system available.

That's fine, but I still don't understand why Logic is seeing the factory ones and naming them in the drop down browser but not in the library, they should be the same.

Return to “Instruments”