Pulsar 900 Series

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
900 Series Modular Synthesizer

egbert101 wrote:Never heard of Zeeon, but it sounds great. Why aren't they making these for VSTs? I don't understand. :(
Maybe the market is not so good for them, who knows. There must be a reason why such an amazing synth costs just 10 dollar and sounds like a 200 bucks plug-in. (Wolfgang Palm latest tool is also iOS only yet).
Maybe because of piracy, less support needed and whatever.
It´s indeed quite hard to not migrate back for me (for synths at least) with such prices. But still i would like to have such tools inside my DAW of choice (in this case Logic).
I asked the developer but they never get you a clear answer...if any :D
But i remember when someone asked if there will be a port for Zeeon the answer was.....maybe for macOS....ouch! But i also could understand that since porting from iOS to macOS seems much better. There also must be a reason that there are nearly no really good multi-touch music apps for windows compared to iOS. No developer seems to be interested and that is a reason i still avoid windows.

Cinebient wrote: Maybe the market is not so good for them, who knows. There must be a reason why such an amazing synth costs just 10 dollar and sounds like a 200 bucks plug-in. (Wolfgang Palm latest tool is also iOS only yet).
Maybe because of piracy, less support needed and whatever.
If Wolfgang Palm sold his desktop releases at the same price he is selling his iOS releases (or a bit more), I'm sure he will sell a lot more. But at the price he is charging currently, I guess he is not selling much. I, for example, would never buy his synths for the asked price. And at $10 I guess it would be hard someone would complain about piracy.
Cinebient wrote: But still i would like to have such tools inside my DAW of choice (in this case Logic).
I asked the developer but they never get you a clear answer...if any :D
But i remember when someone asked if there will be a port for Zeeon the answer was.....maybe for macOS....ouch! But i also could understand that since porting from iOS to macOS seems much better. There also must be a reason that there are nearly no really good multi-touch music apps for windows compared to iOS. No developer seems to be interested and that is a reason i still avoid windows.
Probably, the reason they didn't mention Windows, is the same reason the Pulsar developer is having difficulties. They rely on Apple libraries and APIs for the graphic part of the job (which, reportedly, is the one that takes longer to develop), so, porting to another platform becomes harder, saince it measn having to start over from scratch with all the graphics and GUI work (let alone that the graphics made for iOS usually don't translate well to a desktop instrument).

Regarding the touch, you mention it recurrently, but do you really believe there are so many desktop users that use touch in their computers? I guess that even if people had touch displays (which the vast majority don't, because, if anything, they prefer to invest in larger and better resolution regular displays, instead of touch ready ones) these would not be easily reachable from the working position. So, only people with laptops will use touch, but even with laptops, the vast majority don't have touch still. So, touch is still a feature that, although built in the OS, isn't yet spread among users, IMO.

Anyway, if I was going to use touch, I would rather use it with a special surface controller, like ROLI or something, instead of the display.
Fernando (FMR)

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote:Have you guys seen the development of VCV Rack? I've only just come across it. There's a thread in a different forum about it here:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=489230

Looks extremely promising. What really makes this exciting is, not only is it multiplatform, and sounds extremely impressive, but it's all open source. Looks like a VST bridge is going to come soon too.

https://vcvrack.com/
Yes, it's a great platform but for me it lacks that rich harmonic/vintage/analog sound like P900 f.e. with just 1-2 OSC's. Also i get headache with the workflow and GUI which is million times better for me in P900.
Of course it's still early days.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote:
Cinebient wrote: Yes, it's a great platform but for me it lacks that rich harmonic/vintage/analog sound like P900 f.e. with just 1-2 OSC's. Also i get headache with the workflow and GUI which is million times better for me in P900.
Of course it's still early days.
Yeah, and to be honest, only reason I wanted the P900 was for the same reasons, that moog bass sound. But really, it's probably best I just stick with what I got, and get on with making music. :hihi:
Yes, that´s the best way of course.....but you know most of us suffer from the G.A.S. :D

egbert101 wrote:Have you guys seen the development of VCV Rack? I've only just come across it. There's a thread in a different forum about it here:

Looks extremely promising. What really makes this exciting is, not only is it multiplatform, and sounds extremely impressive, but it's all open source. Looks like a VST bridge is going to come soon too.

I have it installed, and have been following its progress. Right now. I have to say that I'm impressed with the quality, even more so since it is a free and open source project.

Hope they don't give up. This is a good example of what a well developed instrument must be - fully independent from anything related with the platform of choice, and fully portable since day one.

And the number and quality of the already available modules is impressive.
Last edited by fmr on Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:

I have it installed, and have been following its progress. Right now. I have to say that I'm impressed with the quality, even more so since it is a free and open source project.

Hope they don't give up. This is a good example of what a well developed instrument must be - fully independent from anything related with the platform of choice, and fully portable sine day one.

And the number and quality of the already available modules is impressive.
Most exciting software development for years for me. They do have a revenue model - paid for modules once the platform is established so hopefully this will sustain them.

I like the way Andrew has even thought through the distribution system for the modules and the website. Most people would release stuff in a haphazard way first and then work that out later.

With P900, Blocks, Softube Modular and VCVrack we are totally spoilt now compared to a couple of years ago when none of these existed.

egbert101 wrote:Never heard of Zeeon, but it sounds great. Why aren't they making these for VSTs? I don't understand. :(
Cause making VST is a lot more demanding and there is a higher level of competition
and expectation...

wagtunes wrote:
Cinebient wrote:Another one....the last one for a while....i won´t spam too much here :)
3 Layered instances (0, +1,+2 oct arp) and again Replika XT (i love it too).
https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/p900-3-layer-arp
Next time i try to make a more complete song with mainly P900. Maybe something a bit like the Stranger Things theme (which i like very much too).
I've been avoiding listening to these because it's only going to make me sad that I can't get it for myself. When a PC version comes out, I'll listen to all your demos.
C‘mon! You are one of the most successful soundbank sellers, so simply buy a Mac with Logic and Pulsar900! You can affort it! And it‘s worth it!

pdxindy wrote:
Cause making VST is a lot more demanding and there is a higher level of competition
and expectation...
Maybe....but it also works the other way. Zeeon don´t have to hide for the most famous plug-ins sound and feature wise and even is better in some areas (at least for me and a few others i know) but it only costs 10 dollar. So what should i expect now for those 200 dollar synths? :D
Also if Zeeon will come as plug-in for 50 dollar even for 100 it would be a winner for me.
And there will be coming more awesome things for iOS in the future. Maybe no need for plug-ins in some years :evil: (dramatized).

martinjuenke wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Cinebient wrote:Another one....the last one for a while....i won´t spam too much here :)
Next time i try to make a more complete song with mainly P900. Maybe something a bit like the Stranger Things theme (which i like very much too).
I've been avoiding listening to these because it's only going to make me sad that I can't get it for myself. When a PC version comes out, I'll listen to all your demos.
C‘mon! You are one of the most successful soundbank sellers, so simply buy a Mac with Logic and Pulsar900! You can affort it! And it‘s worth it!
I'm not sure if that's sarcasm, wishful thinking or just gold old fashioned humor.

In any case, ha ha. LOL.

wagtunes wrote:
martinjuenke wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
I'm not sure if that's sarcasm, wishful thinking or just gold old fashioned humor.

In any case, ha ha. LOL.
All of it! :clap:

By the way, Waggy:
have a look at „off topic classics“ „quoted out of context“...
You‘re famous and you‘ll love it!

Another thing:
what means your frequently used „LMAO“?
I‘m a Kraut and does not know it....

Return to “Instruments”