Pulsar 900 Series

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
900 Series Modular Synthesizer

I have about $1500 in iOS synths and music apps on my iPad. I rarely use them. too much of a pain to get the audio out to my mac. And, I find the AU tools I have sound better and are easier to use. Oh well. they are there if I ever decide to use them. Sometimes I fire up ThumbJam or DrumJam and use the audio from them. but the whole midi/audio interconnectivity from iOS to macOS is not that usable.

pdxindy wrote:
Cinebient wrote: :D It seems you take me too serious sometimes....or it could be that i often say it wrong.
Indeed i even agree with you in some points (f.e. that the touch screen is not always the better choice compared to a mouse/trackpad/hardware controller especially for fine editing) but i still think that iOS has also some pro over a desktop/notebook for some people like me.
That dinosaur thing was more a joke but indeed i think that iOS will grow in the coming years and it´s just hard to justify 10X the price for the "same" synths.
IOS and macOS coexist in piece here and i try to use the best of both worlds.
My iPad Pro costs $1000 - I'm glad to have it for drawing with the Apple Pencil. That is what I use it for.

It is annoying to connect the MBP and iPad together for both audio and midi. I'm not happy with the workflow and result.

$1000 is very expensive just to use the iPad as a single audio out instrument. For that money I can get some real hardware synths! For that much money I can get a Linnstrument.

If you find musical value in it, great. I purchased a few iOS synths but I don't expect to actually ever use them for musical projects. I just wanted to check them out and they are cheap. I also purchased some tools like Lemur and Midi designer, but they were too much hassle and never used them. So in actual return on investment, my VST's that are 10X the cost are actually a much better deal.
Of course it´s all good and i can understand that. On iOS forums you see many people the other way. They having desktops, notebooks, hardware and plug-ins but left that and using more the mobile platform now mainly because of some unique iOS apps and a new way to go away from that workflow they might not like anymore or are bored or lacks new inspiration. Whatever.
Everyone to it´s own.
I´m somewhere between this. There are things like Keyscape i wouldn´t even dream of to run on an iPad.
A wait....P900!!

plexuss wrote:I have about $1500 in iOS synths and music apps on my iPad. I rarely use them. too much of a pain to get the audio out to my mac. And, I find the AU tools I have sound better and are easier to use. Oh well. they are there if I ever decide to use them. Sometimes I fire up ThumbJam or DrumJam and use the audio from them. but the whole midi/audio interconnectivity from iOS to macOS is not that usable.
I wonder about this. For me it´s plug n´play.
But you might be on an older OS?
Last edited by Cinebient on Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cinebient wrote:
plexuss wrote:I have about $1500 in iOS synths and music apps on my iPad. I rarely use them. too much of a pain to get the audio out to my mac. And, I find the AU tools I have sound better and are easier to use. Oh well. they are there if I ever decide to use them. Sometimes I fire up ThumbJam or DrumJam and use the audio from them. but the whole midi/audio interconnectivity from iOS to macOS is not that usable.
Likely its because you can be bothered to figure it out. I can't be bothrered. if Apple can't bother to make this work reliably I can't be bothered to go through hoops. but they did get a shit load of money out of me, as per usual. Can't stand that company.

plexuss wrote:
Cinebient wrote:
Likely its because you can be bothered to figure it out. I can't be bothrered. if Apple can't bother to make this work reliably I can't be bothered to go through hoops. but they did get a shit load of money out of me, as per usual. Can't stand that company.
I just conncet my iOS device to my mac via lightning to usb and i can choose it as audio device (and now also as midi device).
But it´s anyway the wrong thread here for that. I opened the can of worms :o

$1500?? yikes! I've spent about $180 total on iOS music related apps. I uninstalled most of them and have no expectation to use a single one. The synths I don't mind cause those were curiosity purchases and I got what I expected, but the midi apps pissed me off cause I wanted to actually use them. iOS is also annoying cause of the lack of demos to try before buying.

Connectivity between Mac and iOS sucks... one big headache for me so it is dropped. Maybe in 2-3 years I will look at it again.

Cinebient wrote:
plexuss wrote:
Cinebient wrote:
I just conncet my iOS device to my mac via lightning to usb and i can choose it as audio device (and now also as midi device).
But it´s anyway the wrong thread here for that. I opened the can of worms :o
My question exactly.. I just connect my iPad to MBPRO and enable as audio and midi ....
who knows, maybe these guys tried it few years ago ... and it was a pain. (Things have changed people )

Someone knows why blue cat patch work make problem to load p900 .
I am having error message thats p900 not 64bit , strange.

michaelbrac wrote:Someone knows why blue cat patch work make problem to load p900 .
Doesn't occur here.
Are you running the last P900 v?
Should be 1.21 (Build date : Oct 1 2017).
May be add some set-up's details (e.g. DAW, OS)
Last edited by nordickvr on Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nordickvr wrote:
michaelbrac wrote:Someone knows why blue cat patch work make problem to load p900 .
Doesn't occur here.
Are you running the last P900 v?
Should be 1.21 (Build date : Oct 1 2017).
Yes i am.
The latest ver of patchwork is 2 ,right?
Last edited by Amram on Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I tried it with the demo of patch work and it works fine for me. Tested in the latest Logic Pro, macOS Sierra.

Cinebient wrote:
I tried it with the demo of patch work and it works fine for me. Tested in the latest Logic Pro, macOS Sierra.
Ok , good to know .

michaelbrac wrote: The latest ver of patchwork is 2 ,right?
Yes.

I had some fun playing with P900. This is 100% made with P900 and custom made or tweaked a lot from some of the default patches. No external FX here. Just a limiter at the master output.
Not a real track but i just put together 16 instances of P900 in a slightly musical way :D
Some kick, lead, keys, bass, pads and brass included. Some weirdness included too..... :D https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/fun-with-p900

pdxindy wrote:
plexuss wrote:iOS is also annoying cause of the lack of demos to try before buying.
Not entirely true, although a well hidden feature.
You can get a refunds for apps you don't like no questions asked I think within 15 days.
You can even claim refund even after that, but through support. I have never declined one, even if I asked like after 40 days because the app broke.

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT204084

Return to “Instruments”