Free and open source synth plugin: Synister

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Russell Grand wrote:I'm surprised Synister doesn't get more love on KVR.
Awesome synth. Personally, I'm also a big fan of the tabbed GUI; it reminds me of another free favorite, TAL-Noisemaker! (Re: tabbed GUI: It's funny, I see mostly complaints about Synister in this old thread, yet looking in other old threads elsewhere on KVR, people praised TAL-Noisemaker up and down. I guess it all depends on who the developer is...shame.)

Thanks for this free gem!
dont like noisemaker for the same reason, Elektro on the other hand, is brilliant.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Any plans for an update in the future @Mahal? A all-in-one page would be nice. Great synth nonetheless :wink:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

layzer wrote:
Russell Grand wrote:I'm surprised Synister doesn't get more love on KVR.
Awesome synth. Personally, I'm also a big fan of the tabbed GUI; it reminds me of another free favorite, TAL-Noisemaker! (Re: tabbed GUI: It's funny, I see mostly complaints about Synister in this old thread, yet looking in other old threads elsewhere on KVR, people praised TAL-Noisemaker up and down. I guess it all depends on who the developer is...shame.)

Thanks for this free gem!
dont like noisemaker for the same reason, Elektro on the other hand, is brilliant.
It's true, making TAL-Noisemaker's GUI tabbed didn't have to be. That's about the only niggle i have with it though, sounds very good. Ok, it could have more voices too.

Thanks for your kind words! Synister has now more than 37000 downloads by the way :-)

Halonmusic wrote:Any plans for an update in the future @Mahal? A all-in-one page would be nice. Great synth nonetheless :wink:
Thanks!

There are several ideas about how to proceed with it. I'd be interested in making a mobile version for example. But more / different things could be done as well.

But in any case, this is a student project and should remain one, and as I'm no longer employed in academia, I currently cannot foresee when we'll see the next major update...

Mahal wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:Any plans for an update in the future @Mahal? A all-in-one page would be nice. Great synth nonetheless :wink:
Thanks!

There are several ideas about how to proceed with it. I'd be interested in making a mobile version for example. But more / different things could be done as well.

But in any case, this is a student project and should remain one, and as I'm no longer employed in academia, I currently cannot foresee when we'll see the next major update...
Okay i see. Thanks for the reply. :wink:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Mahal wrote:Thanks for your kind words! Synister has now more than 37000 downloads by the way :-)
Indeed, downloaded a version for Linux yesterday via github, (.so files in a zip folder).
Works awesome.

Anyone has some presets available? Where to download and where to store under Linux?
Get In Touch^^ Instagram, BandCamp, SoundCloud, Spotify, iTunes,....

bulevardi wrote:
Mahal wrote:Thanks for your kind words! Synister has now more than 37000 downloads by the way :-)
Indeed, downloaded a version for Linux yesterday via github, (.so files in a zip folder).
Works awesome.

Anyone has some presets available? Where to download and where to store under Linux?
Make your own presets.

Mahal wrote:
Thanks!

One can embrace a very narrow definition of 'student',
that excludes people who study and learn and master,
for the love of the art, not to garner a wall hanging and resume
fodder, or to while away time while squandering someone elses money, or worse, borrowed money. The students who
contributed to the project have done a fine job,
but the narrow definition of student seems to run against
the grain of open-source. If it's truly 'open', but nobody
bothers to extend the project, it won't be the first or last
such outcome.

If 10% of the 37,000 downloads are from individuals
who will actively use the synth, it's quite a solid endorsement!
Cheers

Why does this have no entry in KVR plugins? It's a pretty good one. It would be nice to share presets there.
Windows 11/Linux Manjaro KDE + Waveform 11.

are there any fxb by any chance? asking for a friend

Ooh Synister :)

Return to “Instruments”