Sugar Bytes - Factory

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Factory

How is the sequencer on this?

I downloaded the demo but haven't done much with it.

There are 4, pretty impressive. Sale ends very soon if you are really interested
yehboy1 wrote:How is the sequencer on this?

I downloaded the demo but haven't done much with it.

Succumbed.

I think it was the moment that I wired up the 'meta' matrix modulators - the randomizer, tweak/mutate and the global modulator with an LFO - to external S+H modulators, and then passing that to a long tail spacey reverb (B2 or Reverbical), thereby realising I could creat infinitely varying ambient soundscapes.

It would be nice if those 'meta' matrix modulators were internal modulation targets too but it is not a problem to do it externally.

I appreciate the comments about the sound quality not being exceptional and about many of the factory patches running too hot, but the cleverness of the modulation system and the brilliant gorgeous UI made it a must buy in the end for me. Surprised I held out for two days really ;-)

jc_vt wrote:Hmmm...not my experience. In the browser view if I rate a patch in the lower left corner it works fine without saving....
aMUSEd wrote:
Don't like the ratings system - you have to resave the patch just to add ratings, but tbh most of the patches are not very good anyway.
Ah I was trying to do it in the browser and it wasn't responding

I did that too a few times with increasing frustration until I noticed that box. Also note that if you select the list view in upper left, you can sort by headers in upper right to list by rating and bring favorites to the top
aMUSEd wrote:
jc_vt wrote:Hmmm...not my experience. In the browser view if I rate a patch in the lower left corner it works fine without saving....
aMUSEd wrote:
Don't like the ratings system - you have to resave the patch just to add ratings, but tbh most of the patches are not very good anyway.
Ah I was trying to do it in the browser and it wasn't responding

lnikj wrote:Succumbed.

I think it was the moment that I wired up the 'meta' matrix modulators - the randomizer, tweak/mutate and the global modulator with an LFO - to external S+H modulators, and then passing that to a long tail spacey reverb (B2 or Reverbical), thereby realising I could creat infinitely varying ambient soundscapes.

It would be nice if those 'meta' matrix modulators were internal modulation targets too but it is not a problem to do it externally.

I appreciate the comments about the sound quality not being exceptional and about many of the factory patches running too hot, but the cleverness of the modulation system and the brilliant gorgeous UI made it a must buy in the end for me. Surprised I held out for two days really ;-)
Congrats, Inikj.

I made a couple of crazy lead presets and I think it can sound great. I'm having fun making the new sounds, and was lost doing that for about 90 minutes.

:tu:

Sweet indeed.

I don't get the comments here knocking the sound of Factory. I think it sounds excellent. For some reason, I've seen many negative comments on KVR about the sound of Sugar Byte's plugs and I can't relate; I think all of their stuff sounds great.

it's an odd one, but am using it a lot. anyone making soundsets for it? am feeling both needy and spendy....

Actually love its NKS compatibility, what with the new NI Komplete Kontrol keyboard coming up.

fisherKing wrote:it's an odd one, but am using it a lot. anyone making soundsets for it? am feeling both needy and spendy....
not sure if there are any out there already...but working up a Factory set IS on my short list... may start on that soonish...stay tuned :D

blortblort wrote:
fisherKing wrote:it's an odd one, but am using it a lot. anyone making soundsets for it? am feeling both needy and spendy....
not sure if there are any out there already...but working up a Factory set IS on my short list... may start on that soonish...stay tuned :D
dude get to work (before i spend my money on rent or something else equally useless)... :D

Return to “Instruments”