Waldorf Largo, PPG Wave 3.V and Waldorf Edition 2 are "NKS ready" now

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo Nave PPG Wave 3.V Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

johnrule wrote:Unfortunately I purchased the pour cousin of the PPG v3 (in the "Waldorf Edition 2"). Why do you even sell the PPG v2 anymore? It seems so obsolete compared to the v3. At least you could have included a few more modern features (layering for example). If you allowed returns on downloads I would have returned and purchased v3.
There are a few reasons why PPG Wave 2.V s still sold as part of Waldorf Edition 2. One is that the Waldorf Edition 2 is only serial protetced while the more expesnive plugins use the eLicenser. Of course another one is that thisn also includes Attack v2 and the D-Pole filter FX plugin (which both are still very nice IMO, especially as Attack v2 has a few additional features like more Samples and more effects).

Besides that while PPG 3.V is indeed superioir it is a lot more expensive and IMO the old PPG 2.V still sounds great on it's own (while PPG 3.V is a more proper emulation of teh real thing).

Concerning layering PPG Wave 2.V has up to 8 Multi parts, each with their own MIDI Channel. You could route up to 8 MIDI tracks to one instance of PPG Wave 2.V while the maximum voices are limited to 64. In PPG 3.V you could set the MIDI channels for each part and also set keyzones. PPG 3.V also has more maximum voices in PPG 3.V and you ).

A comparison chart of both PPG Wave 2.V and 3.V could be found here:
http://www.waldorf-music.info/en/compar ... pg-wave-2v

There is also an upgrade version from Waldorf Edition 2 to PPG Wave 3.V. Usually the prices for Waldorf Edition and the upgrade together are not much more than the full PPG Wave 3.V and it should be possible to buy both at once.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:Concerning layering PPG Wave 2.V has up to 8 Multi parts, each with their own MIDI Channel. You could route up to 8 MIDI tracks to one instance of PPG Wave 2.V while the maximum voices are limited to 64. In PPG 3.V you could set the MIDI channels for each part and also set keyzones. PPG 3.V also has more maximum voices in PPG 3.V and you ).
Yes, I experimented with all of that, including multiple instances for more voices, and it became clear that I could do all of this with once instance of v3.
Ingonator wrote:There is also an upgrade version from Waldorf Edition 2 to PPG Wave 3.V.
Well, that's fine then. What is that price? I did not see anything at NI or the Waldorf site.

I'm seeing prices of $150 to upgrade...ridiculous compared to the current price of $75. Why did you even suggest it?

Since you refuse to allow a return of a software product, do you allow resale?

johnrule wrote:I'm seeing prices of $150 to upgrade...ridiculous compared to the current price of $75. Why did you even suggest it?

You can consider the $75 as 50% discount of the upgrade price for a limited time and buy version 3 ;)

Waldorf Edition 2 has also Attack and pole-4 (I mean D-Pole!) and they are IMO more important than PPG Wave 2, so it's not a loss really.
Last edited by EnGee on Thu May 05, 2016 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johnrule wrote:I'm seeing prices of $150 to upgrade...ridiculous compared to the current price of $75. Why did you even suggest it?

75$ for the full version is only at the current sale and at those prices buying both full bersions of PPG Wave 3.V and Waldorf Edition 2 seem to be a good choice. Those sale prices are only available at the NI website while the official Waldorf Shop still shows the full prices:
http://www.waldorfmusic-shop.de/epages/ ... Categories

Anyway the option for the upgrade version did always exist. The price for the upgrade seems to be 99 € incl. VAT (upgrades are not included with the currrent sale):
http://www.waldorfmusic-shop.de/epages/ ... wppg3-upgd

As the full price of Waldorf Edition 2 is 69 € (incl. VAT) both together are 168 € incl. VAT at the full prices. That's 19 € more than the price of the full version (and full price) of PPG Wave 3.V.

At the moment 149 € (incl. VAt) seems to be the full price for all "big" synths including Largo, Nave and PPG Wave 3.V and all of those use the eLicenser protection opposing to the serial used for Waldorf Edition 2.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Waldorf Wave 2.V seems to loose notes in FL Studio. Is this a known issue?
Playing a sequence some notes are not being played randomly. Maybe 1 of 5 is missing. Also visible on the Wave keyboard, the key is not changing the color. This seems not to happen with Wave 3.V, Largo or Nave.
With Cubase all 4 work fine, so this is specific to FL Studio/Wave 2.V combination.

A few sounds I've made with Largo (taht are not on NI site afaik) :

KL1
KL2
KL3
KL4
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

I just wanted to remind everyone that the current sale at the NI shop seems to end at May 9th so on the upcoming Monday.
Ingo Weidner

It looks like you have to login into a Waldorf account now to downlad the latset versions of the plugins.
I have an account that was quite old (almost 2 years) but still worked (have not used it for a while).

Here is what i just posted at another thread:
Ingonator wrote:
chk071 wrote:
Ayorinde wrote:
dogzilla wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:Can anyone confirm that the Largo download link is broken for Windows? I tried several times to download and get the same 404 error. I tried different browsers also and nothing works. Is Waldorf even aware of this issue? Maybe I'll shoot them an email.
It's not working for me either. I've been trying since last night to get the Wave 3.V download link working.
Seems you have to have a Waldorf account now...
You're right. I could download Largo latest version just, when i logged in.
I remember that recently someone at Waldorf mentioned they would like to change to a Login method opposing to the open downloads like in the past. Looks like they implemented that now.

I already had an older account that i did not use for a wile but it still works. The downlaods seem to be availabe from there.

The Login and/or registration seems to be available here:
http://www.waldorf-music.info/en/user-login

The software downloads are available at the lower left at "Product download" and then the different products at the right.

The downloads for hardware seem to be still available at the old download locations while at your account you could register the serials of your hardware.
Ingo Weidner

Right the products are NOT downloadable from the Product info page any longer.

thejonsolo wrote:Right the products are NOT downloadable from the Product info page any longer.
For the plugins it looks like you have to log in to your Waldorf account (or first crate a new one) now.

The Login (+ Registration) is found at "Login" at the upper right of the Waldorf website (or at the link i posted above). Seems to be the same login that i salso necessary for the Waldorf forum, at least mine worked for that (which i created around 2 years ago).

For the hardware the old downloads still seem to work so far but you could register your hardware serials at your account.
Ingo Weidner

Maybe they want to keep bandwidth down, thus want to avoid demo downloads, while the NI sale is going. Just a thought, as, usually, such small companies don't have the biggest download server capacities.

Ingonator wrote:It looks like you have to login into a Waldorf account now to downlad the latset versions of the plugins.
I have an account that was quite old (almost 2 years) but still worked (have not used it for a while).

Here is what i just posted at another thread:
Ingonator wrote:
chk071 wrote:
Ayorinde wrote:
dogzilla wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:Can anyone confirm that the Largo download link is broken for Windows? I tried several times to download and get the same 404 error. I tried different browsers also and nothing works. Is Waldorf even aware of this issue? Maybe I'll shoot them an email.
It's not working for me either. I've been trying since last night to get the Wave 3.V download link working.
Seems you have to have a Waldorf account now...
You're right. I could download Largo latest version just, when i logged in.
I remember that recently someone at Waldorf mentioned they would like to change to a Login method opposing to the open downloads like in the past. Looks like they implemented that now.

I already had an older account that i did not use for a wile but it still works. The downlaods seem to be availabe from there.

The Login and/or registration seems to be available here:
http://www.waldorf-music.info/en/user-login

The software downloads are available at the lower left at "Product download" and then the different products at the right.

The downloads for hardware seem to be still available at the old download locations while at your account you could register the serials of your hardware.
Who deleted these posts? And why? They're not controversial, are they?

chk071 wrote:Noone. There are 2 threads. :D

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=405051&p=6458293#p6458293
:dog: :dog: :dog:
Time to see my therapist!

Return to “Instruments”