One Synth Challenge #87: Podolski by U-he (Jasinski Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Podolski

Right, the issue isn't that there are rules, it's just that they are a bit gray where the line is drawn.

Of course, just as I was experimenting with a bitcrusher yesterday and got an awesome sound and this came up. Bastards. :hihi:

z.prime wrote:Right, the issue isn't that there are rules, it's just that they are a bit gray where the line is drawn.

Of course, just as I was experimenting with a bitcrusher yesterday and got an awesome sound and this came up. Bastards. :hihi:
Yeah, now you have to walk over to the corner and stand there and be ashamed :lol: ..bad boy! I actually agree that its a grey area but if something as innocent as a chorus (which Podolski actually have :P ) is listed as forbidden then my own conclusion is that more sound altering FX would not be allowed. I even asked if transient shapers are allowed, just to be sure. But a drum enhancement plugin would be nice :D
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

mmoncur wrote:Can we get an official ruling on bit crushers? Because it seems like they cross the line to me. On the other hand I'll gladly use them if they're allowed...
They definitely could cross the line, and that's why they should be treated like overdrive / distortion - just very lightly used on a track.

rghvdberg wrote:
z.prime wrote:
bjporter wrote:Nobody saw what I did why my fist in the air photo... :cry:
It was toooo sneaky... unless you happen to follow German soccer... :)
I googled Podolski hoping it would be some sort of Russian / Eastern European synth genius or composer ..

I was disappointed :neutral:
Podolsk is a Russian city (located near the Moscow). "Podol" is a word from old Slavic language (has different meanings, including part of the town located near the river etc.)
Hope it will be less disappointing :)

Julian Ray wrote:
rghvdberg wrote:
z.prime wrote:
bjporter wrote:Nobody saw what I did why my fist in the air photo... :cry:
It was toooo sneaky... unless you happen to follow German soccer... :)
I googled Podolski hoping it would be some sort of Russian / Eastern European synth genius or composer ..

I was disappointed :neutral:
Podolsk is a Russian city (located near the Moscow). "Podol" is a word from old Slavic language (has different meanings, including part of the town located near the river etc.)
Hope it will be less disappointing :)
Yep, can confirm. Here's the satellite map:

rghvdberg wrote:...Author:
'rghvdberg'

Description:
'Hi Hat'

Usage:
'Play clusters (C5 through E5)
Adjust velocity to your needs'

*/[/code]

I'm so proud
Nice HiHat, Thank you! (wasn't hearing any sound until I moved Res up to 40)

I think being restricted to use less "things" is a boon to creativity. I've got more sounds on my computer than I ever dreamed of as a kid, and I've found that the truest song is a great song on it's own. A great song can be done with just a piano and voice or guitar and voice (most of the greatest songs were written like this.) 1,000 instruments can't make a bad song "good"; just like great CGI effects don't make a good story/movie.
Think of making the best melodies/sounds with what you have and tell your story. :D :D :D

rghvdberg wrote:I googled Podolski hoping it would be some sort of Russian / Eastern European synth genius or composer .. I was disappointed :neutral:
He is a german soccer pro (with polnish migrationshintergrund).
Maybe some guy @ u-he is soccer fan.

Dear all! Please find attached my entry for this months OSC! I was very happy about learning to use Podolski a little better, actually refinding it! Thank you!

(I hope the naming is ok? The title is "Dartelectronicmusic_osc87_borders_of_Canada", but soundcloud did not allow me to change the title in link).

https://soundcloud.com/aaltodoc/borders-of-canada-mix2

And info about the track - sorry about this being in separate post!

19 tracks of Podolski (it really uses CPU sparingly)
Some Tal-Reverb and some Cubase Roomworks SE
Tiny bit of Cubase Distortion in one track.
Some AJ Podolski-Drums, Thanks AJ!

DARTelectronicMUSIC wrote: (I hope the naming is ok? The title is "Dartelectronicmusic_osc87_borders_of_Canada", but soundcloud did not allow me to change the title in link).
I'm sure the title can be edited, if you you click the pencil edit button, then redo titile -> save.

That would be lame if they changed it :roll:

If you change the title, the link URL remains the same, so don't worry.

wagtunes wrote:If you change the title, the link URL remains the same, so don't worry.
So... looks like SC just changed their login system. I couldn't comment or edit anything, so that may be the problem. If you log out and back in, it might work.

bjporter wrote: So... looks like SC just changed their login system. I couldn't comment or edit anything, so that may be the problem. If you log out and back in, it might work.
Since yesterday every time I press enter to submit my comment (or reply), SC opens login window - weird :scared: Re-login doesn't help, but moving from Firefox to Opera does :)

Julian Ray wrote:
rghvdberg wrote:...Author:
'rghvdberg'

Description:
'Hi Hat'

Usage:
'Play clusters (C5 through E5)
Adjust velocity to your needs'

*/[/code]
I'm so proud
Nice HiHat, Thank you! (wasn't hearing any sound until I moved Res up to 40)
Maybe it's the velocity of the notes.
Also, I'm using the Linux version (rev. 4408).

Return to “Instruments”