Xhun Audio LittleOne : version 4.x Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
LittleOne

'Nother bug:

Same setup as before; saving a project reverts patch settings to whatever preset patch you had loaded as a basis for your modifications.
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote:'Nother bug:

Same setup as before; saving a project reverts patch settings to whatever preset patch you had loaded as a basis for your modifications.
All the "presets issues" seem to be related to Cubase only...

In Cubase 6.5 it affects both VST2 and VST3, in Cubase 8/9 it affects VST3 only (VST2 works fine). It includes the "preset jump" (pressing the arrow once, it goes 2 presets forward). Other hosts all seem to work fine... I'll check it! Maybe a "rounding issue".
bruno @ Xhun Audio || www.xhun-audio.com || Twitter || Instagram

JerGoertz wrote:'Nother bug:

Hi,

you previously mentioned :

>>when reloading a project, the patch loaded seems to be off by one position

then you said that :

>>saving a project reverts patch settings to whatever preset patch you had loaded as a basis for your modifications.

Both things happen to you or only one of them?

It seems that all other hosts at first initialize all the parameter of a plugin, then assign the project values to them (correct).

Cubase instead, at first assigns values to parameters, then initalize them. This could lead to your issue...

Both happen, although I'm not sure whether in the same project if that's what you mean. I've only had one other plugin with similar issues in Cubase, so there must be a workaround...

xhunaudio wrote:Hi simmo75 and bftucker,

ok no problem, I can both set the interrupting signal to 60 seconds and lower the amplitude of the signal. My apologies, maybe I didn't spend so much time playing the demo version and maybe after a long time it could result too much unpleasant to listen. Available in the next update!
Many thanks. :tu:
바보

JerGoertz wrote:Both happen, although I'm not sure whether in the same project if that's what you mean. I've only had one other plugin with similar issues in Cubase, so there must be a workaround...
Ok, an update:

the presets arrow issue seems to be related exclusively to Cubase Host. Earlier versions (Cubase 6) have this issue with VST and VST3, latest versions (Cubase 8/9) with VST3 only.

Please let me know if it happens also in other environments/hosts or if it works fine.

I'll fix that in next updates, also if disabling the arrows will be the only way (selecting presets through the menu will be always possible).

I'll do my best !

Ableton Live 9 Suite 32bit, 64bit Windows 7. I thought I was having problems with the Preset Arrows but just put it down to the high CPU of some of the Presets. Maybe you can take a look there as well.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:Ableton Live 9 Suite 32bit, 64bit Windows 7. I thought I was having problems with the Preset Arrows but just put it down to the high CPU of some of the Presets. Maybe you can take a look there as well.
CPU hit on older systems is something unavoidable... This thing will mitigate itself, let's hope Intel Corporation will finally find new materials... :pray:

By the way what kind of issues did you have with presets? Loadind/saving a project? Or when using the arrows to advance one preset (and it advances 2 presets)?

Trying to advance presets. I didn't get around to the save project phase.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:Ableton Live 9 Suite 32bit, 64bit Windows 7. I thought I was having problems with the Preset Arrows
Live 9 x64 on Win 10 x64, similar problem

Seems the presets arrows treat the "mouse buttom up" as a second "click".

pottering wrote:
Aloysius wrote:Ableton Live 9 Suite 32bit, 64bit Windows 7. I thought I was having problems with the Preset Arrows
Live 9 x64 on Win 10 x64, similar problem

Seems the presets arrows treat the "mouse buttom up" as a second "click".
Indeed... all the issues project save, project load, +2 presets forward are related to the presets arrows.

My apologies, I'll fix that in the next update soon ! Anyway, in the meantime I wish you will appreciate the DSP side :D :phones:

The DSP side is fantastic, no complaints here. However, the problems I mentioned render LOv3 unusable for me. Really looking forward to having those fixed.

Is it just me, or does the LFO not seem to work most of the time (at least in the demo)?

In some of the presets it works (and changing it will change the sound) but on others (including the init like patch the synth starts on) it does not seem to have any effect on the sound (and I have made sure that the LFO amount is above 0).

Devastator wrote:Is it just me, or does the LFO not seem to work most of the time (at least in the demo)?

In some of the presets it works (and changing it will change the sound) but on others (including the init like patch the synth starts on) it does not seem to have any effect on the sound (and I have made sure that the LFO amount is above 0).
I noticed that too, but it seems random so wasn't sure if it was user error. Also, when I change presets with the arrows it skips over the next preset. Sound is lush though.

Seems the LFO is tied to the modwheel, so you gotta rise the modulation with the modwheel to get the LFO's effect.

Also: it always starts with the arp/FX view here, so weird the first time.

Return to “Instruments”