Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
xhunaudio
KVRist

434 posts since 17 Feb, 2010

Postby xhunaudio; Tue May 09, 2017 7:52 pm Re: LittleOne ver 3.0 : 100% Reboot, Cross-platform, Released ! (all fixes shortly)

simmo75 wrote:
xhunaudio wrote:
simmo75 wrote:Bug with Ableton Live 9.7.2 mac.

Edit any patch and when you save with hot keys Command + S it reverts back to the presets original settings as soon as you save the Live project.

Edit : Seems to open on Gate page and when you save it reverts back to gate page even if you're not on it.

Ok, since you're on macOS, it is ok for you if in a few days I'll give you a beta to test?

Absolutely!
Send whenever it's ready.
I love the sound of LittleOne :tu:

Thank you!

ok I'll send it to you, just a little time please...
xhunaudio
KVRist

Postby xhunaudio; Wed May 10, 2017 9:24 am Re: LittleOne ver 3.0 : 100% Reboot, Cross-platform, Released ! (all fixes shortly)

Just an update:

I started working on the issues to fix everything. Once LittleOne is ultra-solid, I'll release that update. A full list of the issues can be found here:

http://www.xhun-audio.com/site/xhun.php?page=support

WORKAROUND :
If you have one of the issues on the list and you're using LittleOne version 3.0.2 for production, a TEMPORARY workaround could be

1- to use the presets MENU ONLY to select a patch

2- save the presets for each of LittleOne tracks (SAVE button on LittleOne GUI), save the daw project. Then to reload, load the daw project and then load (with the LOAD button) each presets for each track.

IT is just a temporary workaround, all fixes soon !
e-musician
KVRer

12 posts since 4 Feb, 2015

Postby e-musician; Wed May 10, 2017 10:12 am Re: LittleOne ver 3.0 : 100% Reboot, Cross-platform, Released ! (all fixes shortly)

First of all, to make that clear, I'm a big big fan of LittleOne. I think it is one of the best plug-ins I have bought in the past years. I especially like the factory presets and the easy way they can be altered. Kudos to Bruno! Full stop.

So I was very curious and eager to try the new version. And I compared it to the previous one ...

Could it be that LittleOne 3 sounds completely different, and I really mean COMPLETELY different, from the previous version?
For example, the presets, although they have the same names, do not have anything in common with the ones that come with LittleOne 2.
And I think that has not only got to do with the new engine, but also with the fact that the parameter settings (e.g. osc, cutoff, seq, etc.) are different.
So if you used LittleOne in one of your projects and have updated to LittleOne 3, your song/track will sound indeed VERY different.

I tried it with several presets in a direct A-B comparison, and overall I can say that the old version sounds punchier and "phatter".

Just try yourself and have a look at, say "BASS - Analog Seq" or "BASS - Scooter". Or any other preset. "BASS - Analog Seq" is, in the new version, not even a sequence anymore (SEQ is turned off), and the knobs in the step sequencer show different values as compared to the original factory preset. So I assume something must have gone wrong with the translation of the original sounds into the new format. I have only checked that for the factory sounds so far, have not tried the Big Steps expansion.

Another thing is the new FX design. I understand that there is a new concept of having one FX slot for inserts and another one for sends. But that also means that you cannot use a delay and the reverb alongside each other, which is a pity and which also contributes to the presets being different. I would have preferred the possibility to load any effect into one of the two slots. Or at least have two slots each both for the inserts and the sends.
xhunaudio
KVRist

Postby xhunaudio; Wed May 10, 2017 10:59 am Re: LittleOne ver 3.0 : 100% Reboot, Cross-platform, Released ! (all fixes shortly)

e-musician wrote:First of all, to make that clear, I'm a big big fan of LittleOne. I think it is one of the best plug-ins I have bought in the past years. I especially like the factory presets and the easy way they can be altered. Kudos to Bruno! Full stop.

So I was very curious and eager to try the new version. And I compared it to the previous one ...

Could it be that LittleOne 3 sounds completely different, and I really mean COMPLETELY different, from the previous version?
For example, the presets, although they have the same names, do not have anything in common with the ones that come with LittleOne 2.
And I think that has not only got to do with the new engine, but also with the fact that the parameter settings (e.g. osc, cutoff, seq, etc.) are different.
So if you used LittleOne in one of your projects and have updated to LittleOne 3, your song/track will sound indeed VERY different.

I tried it with several presets in a direct A-B comparison, and overall I can say that the old version sounds punchier and "phatter".

Just try yourself and have a look at, say "BASS - Analog Seq" or "BASS - Scooter". Or any other preset. "BASS - Analog Seq" is, in the new version, not even a sequence anymore (SEQ is turned off), and the knobs in the step sequencer show different values as compared to the original factory preset. So I assume something must have gone wrong with the translation of the original sounds into the new format. I have only checked that for the factory sounds so far, have not tried the Big Steps expansion.

Another thing is the new FX design. I understand that there is a new concept of having one FX slot for inserts and another one for sends. But that also means that you cannot use a delay and the reverb alongside each other, which is a pity and which also contributes to the presets being different. I would have preferred the possibility to load any effect into one of the two slots. Or at least have two slots each both for the inserts and the sends.

Hi!

when you said that the engine is different - then yes, it is COMPLETELY different :D as I stated several times. All the previous presets are all there, with just some improvement here and there just in a few cases. If you want a 100% replica of each preset, you need just some time to set every parameter to reach it.

By the way consider that the whole engine in LittleOne version 3.0 is FAR more accurate, you can do things that were simply impossible to reach on previous versions.

It offers full 64bit processing, oversampling and far better DSP everywhere. Obviously for affective reasons it may sound "strange" in the first minutes, specially when loading legacy presets - as when during the childhood for the first time you visit your neighbor's apartment in front of yours : the kitchen is there, the living room is also there, like in your apt., but everything seems "wrong", eheh :ud:

I think is only a matter of "adaptation", or maybe I just used more chorus in the previous version of the preset. :wink:

PS: if I remember fine, Analog Seq never had the sequencer enabled (maybe you're confusing it with Analog Dreams preset - it has the sequencer enabled and it is included in the "Sequences" presets section). As far as I remember, not 100000% sure.
fup4000
KVRist

71 posts since 24 Oct, 2004, from undisclosed location

Postby fup4000; Wed May 10, 2017 2:15 pm Re: LittleOne ver 3.0 : 100% Reboot, Cross-platform, Released ! (all fixes shortly)

Yes pls

xhunaudio wrote:
simmo75 wrote:Bug with Ableton Live 9.7.2 mac.

Edit any patch and when you save with hot keys Command + S it reverts back to the presets original settings as soon as you save the Live project.

Edit : Seems to open on Gate page and when you save it reverts back to gate page even if you're not on it.

Ok, since you're on macOS, it is ok for you if in a few days I'll give you a beta to test?
fup4000
Numanoid
KVRAF

24237 posts since 20 Jan, 2008

Postby Numanoid; Wed May 10, 2017 2:17 pm Re: LittleOne ver 3.0 : 100% Reboot, Cross-platform, Released ! (all fixes shortly)

I browsed the site, is GUI of v3 more or less just like v2?

http://www.xhun-audio.com/site/imagevie ... 1.full.jpg
xhunaudio
KVRist

Postby xhunaudio; Thu May 11, 2017 2:59 am Re: LittleOne ver 3.0 : 100% Reboot, Cross-platform, Released ! (all fixes shortly)

Numanoid wrote:I browsed the site, is GUI of v3 more or less just like v2?

http://www.xhun-audio.com/site/imagevie ... 1.full.jpg

Yes, GUI basically shares the same approach, with different sections (synth / ext. panel / rack) and a "refresh" for graphical elements.
Touch The Universe
KVRAF

2891 posts since 2 Oct, 2008

Postby Touch The Universe; Thu May 11, 2017 3:03 am Re: LittleOne ver 3.0 : 100% Reboot, Cross-platform, Released ! (all fixes shortly)

Just wanted to give xhun some encouragment :D I really love, L O V E, little one :D I hope you take your time and make it flawless.
High Quality Soundsets with a generous amount of presets. The Latest: Earthshine for Dune 2

http://www.touch-the-universe.com/
egbert101
KVRian

914 posts since 13 Jun, 2014

Postby egbert101; Thu May 11, 2017 3:14 am Re: LittleOne ver 3.0 : 100% Reboot, Cross-platform, Released ! (all fixes shortly)

e-musician wrote:First of all, to make that clear, I'm a big big fan of LittleOne. I think it is one of the best plug-ins I have bought in the past years. I especially like the factory presets and the easy way they can be altered. Kudos to Bruno! Full stop.

Sorry, I don't understand your post. It is different, obviously. If you're looking for compatibility then use the old version. :hihi: The new version is a completely redesigned sound engine. So yeah, it sounds different, it sounds better. :hihi:
xhunaudio
KVRist

Postby xhunaudio; Thu May 11, 2017 9:38 am Re: LittleOne ver 3.0 : 100% Reboot, Cross-platform, Released ! (all fixes shortly)

Touch The Universe wrote:Just wanted to give xhun some encouragment :D I really love, L O V E, little one :D I hope you take your time and make it flawless.

Thank you TTU, :)

Fixes are coming...
bite_me
KVRist

231 posts since 1 May, 2015, from Ruhrgebiet

Postby bite_me; Thu May 11, 2017 12:30 pm Re: LittleOne ver 3.0 : 100% Reboot, Cross-platform, Released ! (all fixes shortly)

Ciao Bruno,

I own a SlimPhatty, which is basically identical to the LittlePhatty.
When I compare the original menu to LittleOnes, there are some things missing
and I do not understand why... (Although LittleOne sounds great!)

1) The Lfo should be syncable
2) 1P, 2P, 3P filters are missing (overload makes most sense with 1Pole filter)
3) Modwheel doesn´t work by MIDI

Now just an idea: Couldn´t LittleOne be a VST editor for the SlimPhatty?
That would be so very cool. :hyper:

Edit: The original Phatty can be used as a Filtermodule -
Littleone could do that, too. :idea:
Vocel
KVRist

65 posts since 17 Jan, 2005

Postby Vocel; Thu May 11, 2017 12:59 pm Re: LittleOne ver 3.0 : 100% Reboot, Cross-platform, Released ! (all fixes shortly)

Is it the right place to recommend a brand new FREE bank for LittleOne v3? Analog FREEgures: 110 presets.

Hope you enjoy, download for free: http://www.stawczyk.com/analog.php
Sound Designing and Soundtrack Custom Presets
http://www.stawczyk.com
e-musician
KVRer

12 posts since 4 Feb, 2015

Postby e-musician; Thu May 11, 2017 1:40 pm Re: LittleOne ver 3.0 : 100% Reboot, Cross-platform, Released ! (all fixes shortly)

egbert101 wrote:Sorry, I don't understand your post. It is different, obviously. If you're looking for compatibility then use the old version. :hihi: The new version is a completely redesigned sound engine. So yeah, it sounds different, it sounds better. :hihi:

Hi egbert101,
yes, compatibility was more or less the point. I was really surprised how different the legacy presets sound on the new engine. And yes, there is still the possibility of using both versions, the old one and the new one. Or, as Bruno suggested, trying to recreate the old sounds on LO3. And, of course, LO3 IS a great synth.

@xhunaudio
Thanks for replying so quickly. Is there any chance of having two insert and send slots each in a future update (so delay and reverb can be used at the same time)? And, again, thumbs up for your great work and efforts!
xhunaudio
KVRist

Postby xhunaudio; Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm Re: LittleOne ver 3.0 : 100% Reboot, Cross-platform, Released ! (all fixes shortly)

bite_me wrote:Ciao Bruno,

I own a SlimPhatty, which is basically identical to the LittlePhatty.
When I compare the original menu to LittleOnes, there are some things missing
and I do not understand why... (Although LittleOne sounds great!)

1) The Lfo should be syncable
2) 1P, 2P, 3P filters are missing (overload makes most sense with 1Pole filter)
3) Modwheel doesn´t work by MIDI

Now just an idea: Couldn´t LittleOne be a VST editor for the SlimPhatty?
That would be so very cool. :hyper:

Edit: The original Phatty can be used as a Filtermodule -
Littleone could do that, too. :idea:

Hi :)

1- yes, it is a further coming feature

2- this is a further coming feature also, accessible from the OS, as in your Slim Phatty, available with the next updates

3- yes, it already is a MIDI controlled parameter (assigned to cc#1 - modulation wheel)

Editors for the hardware already exist, sorry :) currently I'm not interested in that field...

Currently LittleOne is available as an instrument only. By the way, now that you said it to me, the VST3 specification doesn't discriminate instruments from effects. I never tried, but *maybe* current version of LittleOne VST3 plugin (32-bit and 64-bit) can be used as an effect processor in a VST3 compatible host (not valid for VST2 and AU plugins)...
Last edited by xhunaudio on Thu May 11, 2017 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simmo75
KVRist

294 posts since 25 Mar, 2016, from Seattle

Postby simmo75; Thu May 11, 2017 2:09 pm Re: LittleOne ver 3.0 : 100% Reboot, Cross-platform, Released ! (all fixes shortly)

Vocel wrote:Is it the right place to recommend a brand new FREE bank for LittleOne v3? Analog FREEgures: 110 presets.

Hope you enjoy, download for free: http://www.stawczyk.com/analog.php

Thanks for this!
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments