PG-8X (2.0) released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
pg-8x

Thank you Martin.

This is fantastic. I already downloaded it and am having lots of fun exploring all my old JX-8P patches from years gone by. :tu:

Thanks Martin

Although I was hoping for reintroduced full support of AU with version 2 ;)

So I'll have to wait before I can donate...
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

That thing sounds so pleasant and realistic, amazing :) Way better than Hive, Sylenth, Dune, Hybrid, and all those $xxx plugins etc. :tu: Pads like straight from an 80s record. Perfect for old-skool sounds.
I used to have the JX-8P when I was young, but it sounded much more muted and duller, maybe it was broken and I did not know :?

The GUI is also nice and big, with readouts even I can easily read :) Good to see people who actually think about and know what they are doing :tu:

Congratulations on the release. I'm playing around with it now and it sounds great! I never played a Jx-8p but i have had many roland synths and the sound really reminds of my MKS-50/Alpha Juno. I don't regret selling that one now. :)

ps: I think something is up with the portamento but I'm not sure. It's like the Portamento on/off button sometimes doesn't work and portamento is always on.
Last edited by Steinholtz on Tue May 17, 2016 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I have had a hanging note, meanwhile. But only once so far...

What's up with the pitch on the mod wheel in the init patch? I can't find the assignment anywhere D:

Sound Author wrote:What's up with the pitch on the mod wheel in the init patch? I can't find the assignment anywhere D:
Oh wait, I figured it out; it's the "MWHL INIT" fader in the LFO. Turn it down. :tu:

Sound Author wrote:What's up with the pitch on the mod wheel in the init patch? I can't find the assignment anywhere D:
That's the LF'O. Set the third slider in the LFO section to zero.

Oh, you have figured it out yourself meanwhile :)

fluffy_little_something wrote:
That's the LF'O. Set the third slider in the LFO section to zero.

Oh, you have figured it out yourself meanwhile :)
I just saved a preset, then realized the "MWHL INIT" fader had returned to its maximum setting. Also, several things in the "Settings" panel snapped back to default values: "NUM VOICES", "LFO TRIGGER", "UNISON DETUNE". Anyone else experience this when saving presets?

^ Oh wait, that was saved as a sysex patch. Works fine as a PG-8X preset. Man, I'm battin' a thousand today :P

Any chance we can load factory JX-8P sysex patches created by Eric Persing and Dan DeSouza?

If so.....are those patches available anywhere online?

fluffy_little_something wrote:I have had a hanging note, meanwhile. But only once so far...
Me too, several times.

Sound Author wrote:Any chance we can load factory JX-8P sysex patches created by Eric Persing and Dan DeSouza?

If so.....are those patches available anywhere online?
PG-8X can load sysex (.syx) files.

Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

DrewDale wrote:Just to mention, my DrewDale64Soundbank is compatible with this new verson and is available here :) http://www.kvraudio.com/product/pg-8x-b ... /downloads
Thanks DD. Nice work.

@KVR - shame I can't follow the 'Banks' page as though it was a regular forum topic.

Return to “Instruments”