Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals

Official Arturia VCollection5 thread

Aleatoriac
KVRAF

1595 posts since 30 Dec, 2004, from betwixt

Postby Aleatoriac; Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:11 pm Re: Official Arturia VCollection5 thread

Maybe I can hold Arturia hostage:

Yo Arturia - I'd like to buy Synclavier
U-He is having a coupon, and I could get something from them...

If you beat the discounted price on what I would get from U-He, I'll buy Synclavier instead.

Mwa ha ha ha ha!
sacer
KVRist

361 posts since 8 Jan, 2012, from frankfurt, Germany

Postby sacer; Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:42 am Re: Official Arturia VCollection5 thread

how to get the missing old factory presets from V4 into V5, the converter only recognizes third party soundbanks and own presets, or if I save a factory preset as own preset, but there are many prests from the old versions missing, especially arp2600
fmr
KVRAF

6410 posts since 16 Mar, 2003, from Porto - Portugal

Postby fmr; Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:15 am Re: Official Arturia VCollection5 thread

sacer wrote:how to get the missing old factory presets from V4 into V5, the converter only recognizes third party soundbanks and own presets, or if I save a factory preset as own preset, but there are many prests from the old versions missing, especially arp2600

Try to put them in the User folder (go to Program Data > Arturia > ARP2600 > save and copy all the folders into a new folder called User. Then run the converter.

Beware though that the conversion may get good or not. Usually I get good results, but I had a bunch of patches I credted for the JUpiyer-8V2 that didn't translate well into the Jup-8V3.
Fernando (FMR)
Franvu
KVRist

65 posts since 7 Sep, 2014, from Spain

Postby Franvu; Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:24 am Re: Official Arturia VCollection5 thread

Hi,
i've downloaded some banks patches of the V Collection 4 (v2 instruments) but I have the V Collection 4.1(v3 instruments).
Is it possible to convert these old patches?
I have tried to install the v2 instruments demo and it doesn't allow to import the patch (demo mode).
Cheers.
fmr
KVRAF

Postby fmr; Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:27 am Re: Official Arturia VCollection5 thread

Franvu wrote:Hi,
i've downloaded some banks patches of the V Collection 4 (v2 instruments) but I have the V Collection 4.1(v3 instruments).
Is it possible to convert these old patches?
I have tried to install the v2 instruments demo and it doesn't allow to import the patch (demo mode).
Cheers.

I think you need to have the v2 versions of the instruments installed to perform the conversions. Probably, just the demos doesn't work.
Fernando (FMR)
egbert101
KVRian

1481 posts since 13 Jun, 2014

Postby egbert101; Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:06 am Re: Official Arturia VCollection5 thread

So I heard there is a bug with the LFO in Jup-8 V3? And that many of the supposed factory presets are in fact different to the originals?
Any ideas when there will be an update and fix?
fmr
KVRAF

Postby fmr; Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:11 am Re: Official Arturia VCollection5 thread

egbert101 wrote:So I heard there is a bug with the LFO in Jup-8 V3? And that many of the supposed factory presets are in fact different to the originals?

The problem about the LFO was reported. Regarding the factory patches, several people (including me) are working on versions of the Factory patches for Jup-8V3 (as per the versions listed in Synthmania). Currently, I have already 24 patches finished, but it takes time to finish something like this.
Fernando (FMR)
egbert101
KVRian

1481 posts since 13 Jun, 2014

Postby egbert101; Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:05 am Re: Official Arturia VCollection5 thread

fmr wrote:
egbert101 wrote:So I heard there is a bug with the LFO in Jup-8 V3? And that many of the supposed factory presets are in fact different to the originals?

The problem about the LFO was reported. Regarding the factory patches, several people (including me) are working on versions of the Factory patches for Jup-8V3 (as per the versions listed in Synthmania). Currently, I have already 24 patches finished, but it takes time to finish something like this.

Thanks for the info! :tu:
noiseboyuk
KVRAF

1861 posts since 25 Jan, 2007

Postby noiseboyuk; Thu May 18, 2017 6:09 am Re: Official Arturia VCollection5 thread

Any stability improvements in 5.3 do people think? I get a fair few crashes with the Synclavier in particular in Cubase.

5.3 mostly seems to be the new sound store, which is fair enough I guess, but with 5,000 presets in the core library, an extra 200 paid ones doesn't seem massively appealing. Nice Kraftwerk sounds though - https://www.arturia.com/analoglab/sounds
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.afterschoolvideoclub.com/
W10 Pro Anniversary, i74930k, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 2x GT610, PT12 HD, Cubase Pro 9.0.10
MBP 2015 OSX 10.11.4 2.8ghz 16gb 1TB SSD
ghettosynth
KVRAF

10125 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Thu May 18, 2017 6:14 am Re: Official Arturia VCollection5 thread

noiseboyuk wrote:Any stability improvements in 5.3 do people think? I get a fair few crashes with the Synclavier in particular in Cubase.

5.3 mostly seems to be the new sound store, which is fair enough I guess, but with 5,000 presets in the core library, an extra 200 paid ones doesn't seem massively appealing. Nice Kraftwerk sounds though - https://www.arturia.com/analoglab/sounds

LOL! So the free update is really just an attempt to get more cash? Oh Arturia!
wagtunes
KVRAF

9570 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Thu May 18, 2017 6:28 am Re: Official Arturia VCollection5 thread

ghettosynth wrote:
noiseboyuk wrote:Any stability improvements in 5.3 do people think? I get a fair few crashes with the Synclavier in particular in Cubase.

LOL! So the free update is really just an attempt to get more cash? Oh Arturia!

Wait a minute. You're telling me this update isn't free for V4 (5? who can keep track, latest update) owners?
Numanoid
KVRAF

25999 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from a star near where you are

Postby Numanoid; Thu May 18, 2017 6:30 am Re: Official Arturia VCollection5 thread

Arturia wrote:The best part about the V Collection 5.3 update is that it makes updating much easier.
Wow :o

I opened ASC, but there are no updates for Analog Lab 2 ?
sprnva
KVRian

1026 posts since 16 Jan, 2013

Postby sprnva; Thu May 18, 2017 6:31 am Re: Official Arturia VCollection5 thread

So far the sound banks in the store are free. They mostly seem to be expanded versions of the existing core presets (going by what I see in Analog Lab 2). I'm sure the paid expansions will follow.

There doesn't seem to be an update for MiniFilter V.
noiseboyuk
KVRAF

1861 posts since 25 Jan, 2007

Postby noiseboyuk; Thu May 18, 2017 6:34 am Re: Official Arturia VCollection5 thread

wagtunes wrote:Wait a minute. You're telling me this update isn't free for V4 (5? who can keep track, latest update) owners?

It's a free update for v5 owners, but the main change seems to be the addition of a Sound Store in Analog Lab to buy more presets. I'll likely skip the update unless they've improved stability.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.afterschoolvideoclub.com/
W10 Pro Anniversary, i74930k, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 2x GT610, PT12 HD, Cubase Pro 9.0.10
MBP 2015 OSX 10.11.4 2.8ghz 16gb 1TB SSD
waltercruz
KVRian

1477 posts since 3 Dec, 2011, from Brasília, Brazil

Postby waltercruz; Thu May 18, 2017 6:50 am Re: Official Arturia VCollection5 thread

noiseboyuk wrote:It's a free update for v5 owners, but the main change seems to be the addition of a Sound Store in Analog Lab to buy more presets. I'll likely skip the update unless they've improved stability.

This update seems to be mostly about stability. This seems to be the common changelog for all plugins:

State now properly recalled even when GUI has not been opened at least once
Crashes when GUI is hidden
No more blank GUI with VST version on OSX 10.12 in Live 32 bit
Dragging a preset on another in the playlist now swaps them instead of deleting
No more jumps in presets when using previous and next buttons in toolbar
Moving pitch or mod wheel does not interfere with tooltips
MIDI learn improvements and consistency
GUI improvements in browser
Keyboard focus now properly handled in all DAWs
Various NKS improvements
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)