Official Arturia VCollection5 thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Harry_HH wrote: Personally I don't see that this black and white.

Yes, V5 includes some very good new instruments, and GUIs are resizeble, and new presets in the Media Lab.
BUT on the other hand, if you use laptop, the old GUIs are just good for 14-17 '' screen and much more elegant in V4 than the V5 "pizzaboxes" (all instruments are now inside a box, they are not floting freely on the screen as elegantly as in V4.
AND the new Media Lab is really a CPU hog, once again, if you are in the lap top, you may have very unresponsive plugin in your hands with the V5.
AND on my behalf I like the Spark 2, with all its shortcomings, i.e, its not perfect, but pretty good, and its not included to V5 but to V4.
As said, this is my personal view: there are both plus and minuses in the V5, depending on your use and preferencies.
I'd incline to agree, if V4 isn't such a crash prone product that is practically impossible to use (OSX 10.10/AU). I'd love to stay with V4, but wouldn't even consider it as a choice if you want to actually use them beyond occasional preset browsing.

Thanks to all for your help,

I think i'm gonna start with the MiniLab controller, and the V4, what do you think? Also want to add the SPARK LE controller, and then saving for the upgrade to the V5, im using a macbook pro 8g memory retina from mid 2015, do yoy think it is a good idea to start?

Thanks so much in advance and thanks again for your messages.

T-CM11 wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:if you use laptop
You mean laptops with a low resolution screen. :P
Although if you use laptop with a high resolution screen, all the disadvantages of the lesser processor power and memory (laptop users awerage about 30 % lower comparing to the desktop workstations), may make your V5 use painful, or at least you don't get best out of the new V5 features.

As said, all depends your platform, your preferencies - the "truth" is not black-and-white "V5 good, V4 bad" as pointed in this thread.
That was my point.

The Synclavier runs just fine even on my Macbook Air 1.7 GHz i7 with 8 GB RAM and a 256 buffer.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

What happened to Analog Laboratory? I need to reinstall it, but can't find the installer anywhere. It's not on the Arturia website nor is it in the software center.

thomaskyhn wrote:What happened to Analog Laboratory? I need to reinstall it, but can't find the installer anywhere. It's not on the Arturia website nor is it in the software center.
I'm pretty sure they removed it.

wagtunes wrote:
thomaskyhn wrote:What happened to Analog Laboratory? I need to reinstall it, but can't find the installer anywhere. It's not on the Arturia website nor is it in the software center.
I'm pretty sure they removed it.
Looks like it. Strange, though, as you can still download legacy plugins on the website and through the software center.

You can find them here.
Image Image Image Image

sprnva wrote:You can find them here.
Thanks!

I'm curious - What's the difference between [the now removed] Analog Lab and the Analog Laboratory? Rather confusing they named two things so similar !

mcbpete wrote:I'm curious - What's the difference between [the now removed] Analog Lab and the Analog Laboratory? Rather confusing they named two things so similar !
Are these two things? I think that the later is just ver.2.0 of the previous.

Recently I bought a more effective laptop and that improved the experience of the VCollection5 100% (see my previous comments in this thread).

BTW, what I think is a strange defect in the Anal.lab;-), both the previous and the latest, is that they have not made it function as a "music room" as I was expecting originally. Don't get me wrong, its a good addition, but why e.g. you can't open the single instrument by clicking that in the "room", that was the most intuitive thing to do.

Harry_HH wrote:
mcbpete wrote:I'm curious - What's the difference between [the now removed] Analog Lab and the Analog Laboratory? Rather confusing they named two things so similar !
Are these two things? I think that the later is just ver.2.0 of the previous.

Recently I bought a more effective laptop and that improved the experience of the VCollection5 100% (see my previous comments in this thread).

BTW, what I think is a strange defect in the Anal.lab;-), both the previous and the latest, is that they have not made it function as a "music room" as I was expecting originally. Don't get me wrong, its a good addition, but why e.g. you can't open the single instrument by clicking that in the "room", that was the most intuitive thing to do.
No one's ever accused Arturia for making intuitive interfaces. :lol:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I think Arturia makes really beautiful and even intuitive interfaces. That's why Anal.lab is some kind of dissapointment.

There is still the bug (and confirmed by other users in the Arturia forum) that closing the GUI of some Arturia plugins freezes Cubase. Seems to be a GUI problem because the audio engine is still running but the Cubase GUI is frozen after the Arturia plugin editor is closed. The system needs a reboot because the Cubase task cannot be killed. Maybe in combination with some hardware (i7 + on-board GPU?).
Afaik this occurs with the older plugins like the Jupiter 8 (cannot remember to have such freezes with the SEM).

Anyway, it's an annoying bug and not fixed yet.

Just a shout out to Arturia for Matrix 12. Besides being somewhat fiddly with passing plug in evaluation, it's surprisingly dead on. I have an Oberheim Xpander and comparing factory presets it's really quite close, maybe if you're an expert you can tell it was the only thing playing, but in a mix I doubt anyone would be able to tell. To be honest I can't say this about all Arturia emulations, but the Matrix 12 is close enough to fool most people.

Now if they added SysEx support to the plug in I could upload my sounds etc. :)

Return to “Instruments”