SynthMaster v2.9.8 released with 50 new cinematic presets by DeJaVu Sound

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 2

kv331 wrote: if your MacOS system does not sort files by name in ascending order, some factory waveforms will not be read.
It's most probably caused by the new APFS file system in High Sierra. By default, your boot disk is converted to the new file system when updating the OS. There's something in the new FS that causes alphabetical file lists to go out of order. The same thing happened in the preset browser of u-he synths (preset list should be alphabetical, now more or less random), probably elsewhere too.

EDIT: And here's the exact reason, from https://developer.apple.com/library/con ... Q/FAQ.html
Calling readdir(2) on a directory in APFS returns filenames in hash order, whereas HFS+ returns filenames in lexicographical order.

Thanks Captain!
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Captain wrote:
kv331 wrote: if your MacOS system does not sort files by name in ascending order, some factory waveforms will not be read.
It's most probably caused by the new APFS file system in High Sierra. By default, your boot disk is converted to the new file system when updating the OS. There's something in the new FS that causes alphabetical file lists to go out of order. The same thing happened in the preset browser of u-he synths (preset list should be alphabetical, now more or less random), probably elsewhere too.

EDIT: And here's the exact reason, from https://developer.apple.com/library/con ... Q/FAQ.html
Calling readdir(2) on a directory in APFS returns filenames in hash order, whereas HFS+ returns filenames in lexicographical order.
Very good to know! Thanks a lot!

kv331 wrote:OK figured out the problem and fixed it!!!
w00t! SMaster isn’t crashing my DAW anymore! So nice!

And those Bluffmunkey wavetable patches were worth the wait. Though their set to monophonic by default, they actually work really well in MPE! Especially when modulating wave index…
kv331 wrote:I am releasing the 2.9.6 update tonight.
Yay!
Thanks a lot, Bulent! It was a bit of a weird one.

Now, about that SynthMaster One for iOS… :wink:

Enkerli wrote: Now, about that SynthMaster One for iOS… :wink:
Yeah, the time has come for that one! 10 days left before heading to NAMM, a LOT of work ahead :D
Works at KV331 Audio

Best wishes with that :-)

Was 2.9.6 uploaded? Can't seem to find it. Website still says 2.9.5 on my end.
thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

I installed 2.9.5 over my old 2.8 install and had no issues. Windows 10, 64-bit tested with both Stagelight and Ableton Live 9. I should note, I always use the full install (not the smaller, update installer). It recognized all the libraries I have installed. I'm looking into a loss of 3GB after the install, but that may be due to creating a restore point prior to the install. Since the install worked, I'm going to delete and turn off restore points. Most of the Synthmaster directories are well below even 1GB and I figure, other than a few new samples, most of the files should be an overwrite of what I already had.

Hi guys

We finally released SynthMaster v2.9.6 and also SynthMaster Player v2.9.6. With this release the player includes the new factory presets as well and the number of presets in the free player is now 500.

You can download the latest updates at:

http://www.synthmaster.com/downloadupdates.aspx

The latest build has important fixes:

1. FIX: SynthMaster might crash when warning messages are generated after loading a preset
2. FIX: SynthMaster crashes when a wavetable with more than 256 waveforms is imported
3. FIX: When user drags and drops a modulation source from the modulation sources tab, SynthMaster might crash
4. FIX: When a preset is initialized, drag and drop of a modulation source from the modulation sources tab results in an empty modulation matrix entry
5. FIX: SynthMaster might crash when the mod matrix source filter is changed.
6. FIX: Modulation of amount parameter of LoFi effect causes zipper noise
7. FIX: Modulation of amount parameter of Distortion effect causes zipper noise
8. FIX: Modulation of amount parameter of Echo effect causes zipper noise
9. FIX: Modulation of amount parameter of Chorus effect causes zipper noise
10.FIX: When a new modulation matrix entry is created, SynthMaster incorrectly creates an additional entry
11.FIX: Modulation tab header requires two clicks to display modulation sources menu for a different category
12.FIX: When the oscillator algorithm is changed from sample playback to wavetable, the oscillator doesn't play the wavetable correctly
13.FIX: Some text labels are clipped when being displayed
14.FIX: SynthMaster fails to read some factory waveforms/wavetables when the operating system doesn't return files and folders in sorted order (MacOS High Sierra)
14.FIX: Edited factory presets
15.FIX: Edited factory skins

ENJOY!

Bulent
Works at KV331 Audio

Thanks Bulent.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:.........

BT jarre creator - equinox 5 lead (mw)
BT technogroove 31
KEY On The Sun UK
KEY Summer UK
KEY Without U UK
LED Trumpet (fixed)
SYN Among Mountains AD (fixed)
SYN Tropics (fixed)
Still there in 2.9.6

the last three were fixed, still getting errors on the first five.

and would add
LD Summer UK (not an issue)
LD Summer 2 UK (not an issue)

to that list

Also both Ufuk and UFUK are still listed as two separate sound designers.

thanks
rsp

edit: After a complete reinstall, LD summer and summer 2 work so taking them off the list of issues.
rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Still there in 2.9.6

and would add
LD Summer UK
LD Summer 2 UK

to that list

thanks
rsp
I fixed ALL 'factory' presets. please do a CLEAN install (delete /library/application support/kv331 audio/synthmaster and download/install full setup from web site)
Works at KV331 Audio

thanks,
I assume if I delete that folder I need to redownload and install all expansion banks too?

rsp
kv331 wrote:
zvenx wrote: Still there in 2.9.6

and would add
LD Summer UK
LD Summer 2 UK

to that list

thanks
rsp
I fixed ALL 'factory' presets. please do a CLEAN install (delete /library/application support/kv331 audio/synthmaster and download/install full setup from web site)
sound sculptist

That explains why some seem fixed.
those that were fixed are in the factory banks, those that aren't are expansions.
thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:thanks,
I assume if I delete that folder I need to redownload and install all expansion banks too?
You can move the expansions to /documents/synthmaster/presets folder
Works at KV331 Audio

zvenx wrote:That explains why some seem fixed.
those that were fixed are in the factory banks, those that aren't are expansions.
thanks
rsp
We're gonna update the expansions as well. Gercek has been working on that.
Works at KV331 Audio

Return to “Instruments”