SynthMaster v2.9.8 released with 50 new cinematic presets by DeJaVu Sound

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 2

kv331 wrote:That was on my mind as well :) i.e. adding global voices setting so all presets can use that one.

I guess I will concentrate on v3.0 development now. If I have some spare time I'll add that.
Would prefer that the crashing issue was resolved in the current build before you move on to v3.0 development. Anything I can do to provide help testing, just let me know. I can recreate the crash very easily.

Also:
EnochLight wrote:
kv331 wrote: Hotfix uploaded, please download v2.8.9 update again.

Thanks!
Are these "hot fixes" all v2.8.9? That seems confusing. You really should version the updates so we know which one we're on, both for your sake of trouble-shooting and the consumer's peace of mind.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote:
Would prefer that the crashing issue was resolved in the current build before you move on to v3.0 development. Anything I can do to provide help testing, just let me know. I can recreate the crash very easily.
I think i didnt explain myself clearly: I will continue releasing bug fixes for SynthMaster 2.8.x, but from now on will stop adding new features.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote:
EnochLight wrote:
I think i didnt explain myself clearly: I will continue releasing bug fixes for SynthMaster 2.8.x, but from now on will stop adding new features.
Awesome; thanks for clarifying! Also, in regards to my previous posts above - are these "hot fixes" all v2.8.9? I'm not sure if what's up has been hot fixed since my last crash report since they all say v2.8.9...
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Awesome; thanks for clarifying! Also, in regards to my previous posts above - are these "hot fixes" all v2.8.9? I'm not sure if what's up has been hot fixed since my last crash report since they all say v2.8.9...
Sorry I didnt increase the version number.

Do you remember which preset caused a crash for you? and does this crash occur on certain tabs or all tabs? I tested switch presets while a MIDI is playing with ALL factory presets, and all worked fine.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:
EnochLight wrote: Awesome; thanks for clarifying! Also, in regards to my previous posts above - are these "hot fixes" all v2.8.9? I'm not sure if what's up has been hot fixed since my last crash report since they all say v2.8.9...
Sorry I didnt increase the version number.

Do you remember which preset caused a crash for you? and does this crash occur on certain tabs or all tabs? I tested switch presets while a MIDI is playing with ALL factory presets, and all worked fine.
The patches that crash seems to change. I'm doing this (as the previous video demonstrates) by striking my QWERTY keyboard to trigger MIDI notes, while quickly paging back and forth between patches.

on the oOHpad preset even filter one totally disappears with band pass engaged. I hope you don't have to file through all these presets 1 by 1 and fix them separately! theres some randomness happening.

EnochLight wrote: The patches that crash seems to change. I'm doing this (as the previous video demonstrates) by striking my QWERTY keyboard to trigger MIDI notes, while quickly paging back and forth between patches.
Are the presets crashing factory presets or expansions?
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:
EnochLight wrote: The patches that crash seems to change. I'm doing this (as the previous video demonstrates) by striking my QWERTY keyboard to trigger MIDI notes, while quickly paging back and forth between patches.
Are the presets crashing factory presets or expansions?
I only have the factory presets that's included with SynthMaster 2.8.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
If anyone would like to customize their sizes or don't want to wait for an update that fixes the red seams, I put together a script for resizing Synthmaster 2.8 skins a few months ago. It still works on 2.8.9 (tested on Mac, should work on PC). Fair warning that's it's not turnkey (edit a couple lines of a .js script, install some dependencies, and update folder permissions) but it's not that bad and I wrote up instructions.

https://github.com/scriptorum/SMBigSkin (https://github.com/scriptorum/SMBigSkin)

edit - nevermind...figured it out...New resizable skins are great!

Hello - I just downloaded the latest, and it crashes Live 9.6.2 immediately on OSX 10.10.5. Or I get a message saying Could not find any Skin definitions then it crashes Live. Thanks!

The filter modules in general need GUI work. The filters seem to have different bugs and behaviors depending on the preset. For instance in the preset "BA Analog SEQ BT", if you switch filter one to a different filter type, then go over to filter 2 and switch filter two to a lowpass it will switch filter one back to a lowpass as well as if they are tied together. It seems like random filter behavior depending on the preset. Hope it's an easy fix for you Mr. B.

crawlingwind wrote:edit - nevermind...figured it out...New resizable skins are great!

Hello - I just downloaded the latest, and it crashes Live 9.6.2 immediately on OSX 10.10.5. Or I get a message saying Could not find any Skin definitions then it crashes Live. Thanks!
Do you see the skins folder?

/library/application support/kv331 audio/synthmaster/resources/skins
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:Bulent, what about the GUI editor, will there be a working one? :-)
uploading 2.8.9.now :tu:
looks like I am going to celebrate father's day in my office it's almost midnight :lol:

1. NEW: Increased demo tryout period to 30 minutes
2. NEW: Added 160% scaled skins for Default, Blue Orange and Red skins.
2. FIX: Added Windows keyboard handler for up/down/left/right arrows to the plugin editor window
3. FIX: Fixed some minor UI issues
4. FIX: GUIEditor crashes when loading a skin fails

EDIT: v2.8.9 Windows upload completed, now let's debug this on MacOS!
Thanks for the update and the new scaled UI's! :tu:

Just loaded 2.8.9 last night and it is running well here. The 160% UI is almost full screen on my 1920x1200 monitor. Great for my eyes!!! :D
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Btw will 3.0 update be paid or free?

When I followed this advice:

"Go into Documents/SynthMaster/Config and delete SynthMasterConfig.txt then reinstall."

Everything was fine after.

kv331 wrote:
crawlingwind wrote:edit - nevermind...figured it out...New resizable skins are great!

Do you see the skins folder?

/library/application support/kv331 audio/synthmaster/resources/skins

Return to “Instruments”