SynthMaster v2.9.8 released with 50 new cinematic presets by DeJaVu Sound

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 2

kv331 wrote:
I havent changed anything in the audio engine except the reverb. and for the reverb I DID fix an aliasing bug reported my sound designers.
:party: :wheee: :band: :clap:

kv331 wrote:Guys,

2.8.10 is on the way tonight with the following fixes:

1. FIX: SynthMaster crashes when a skin with the correct size is not found.
2. FIX: Load Random preset menu doesn't work
3. FIX: SynthMaster generates noisy output when engine buffer size >= XLarge and engine quality >= Better
4. FIX: Portamento doesnt work when engine quality > Good and buffer size >= Large
5. FIX: SynthMaster throws "SynthMaster could not find data files" error on Windows
6. FIX: SynthMaster Windows setup doesnt write installation location to SynthMasterFolders.txt file on 64bit systems
7. FIX: SynthMaster prompts user to close and reopen plugin window when samples are imported
8. FIX: SynthMaster chooses wrong folder for sample import
9. FIX: Layer1:Filter2 Filter Type buttons control Layer1:Filter1 Filter Type

I am also going to update SynthMaster Player to v2.8.10 with 120% 140% 160% skins and new presets by Vandalism. The number of presets in the free version is gonna increase to 400.

Don't forget the XY pad behavior. Might want to just get it all out at once and be done with synthmaster2 so you can start all this again on version3! hahaha

Question: in the Preset Browser, there are two tabs: LOCAL and ONLINE

I can guess, but not sure what is the purpose of the ONLINE tab?

are those the presets that are hosted online and are downloaded on-demand?
can someone please clarify?

thank you

minor typo in UI text label?

when you switch to "Layer 2", the Text Label that is located above the signal-path: in the top-left corner under the LAYER, ARP, FX tab says "Layer 1", I think it should say "Layer 2" to indicate we are in Layer 2

I noticed this in 2.8.9, I think it is still present in 2.8.10

I just updated and it's still telling me there is a new version 2.8.9. In fact, the new installer tells 2.8.10. But after installation it is still a 2.8.8 and asking for an update. Too buggy.

Hi Guys,

We updated both SynthMaster and SynthMaster Player to v2.8.10:

Here's the change log:

1. NEW: SynthMaster Player updated to v2.8.10 with scaled skins + Vandalism presets.
2. FIX: SynthMaster crashes when a skin with the correct size is not found.
3. FIX: Load Random preset menu doesn't work
4. FIX: SynthMaster generates noisy output when engine buffer size >= XLarge and engine quality >= Better
5. FIX: Portamento doesnt work when engine quality > Good and buffer size >= Large
6. FIX: Portamento duration shortens when engine quality is increased
7. FIX: SynthMaster throws "SynthMaster could not find data files" error on Windows
8. FIX: SynthMaster Windows setup doesnt write installation location to SynthMasterFolders.txt file on 64bit systems
9. FIX: SynthMaster prompts user to close and reopen plugin window when samples are imported
10. FIX: SynthMaster chooses wrong folder for sample import
11.FIX: Layer1:Filter2 Filter Type buttons control Layer1:Filter1 Filter Type
12.FIX: Save menu items (Rename, Add to favourites, upload) don't work
Last edited by kv331 on Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

wrong post :)
Works at KV331 Audio

Hi Bullent. The new update doesn't update the version and doesn't update the synth. (Windows 10/64bit, Presonus Studio One v 3, vst2). It actually even rolled out the synth to an older 2.8.8 version.

Igro wrote:Hi Bullent. The new update doesn't update the version and doesn't update the synth. (Windows 10/64bit, Presonus Studio One v 3, vst2). It actually even rolled out the synth to an older 2.8.8 version.
I double checked the setup on the server, it IS v2.8.10

Are you sure you don't have the vsts installed in multiple places ?
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:
Igro wrote:Hi Bullent. The new update doesn't update the version and doesn't update the synth. (Windows 10/64bit, Presonus Studio One v 3, vst2). It actually even rolled out the synth to an older 2.8.8 version.
I double checked the setup on the server, it IS v2.8.10

Are you sure you don't have the vsts installed in multiple places ?
Thank you, i just fixed that,

Hi,
thanks for the update.
Does the Synthmaster One Prototype skin even work?
I always shows incomplete and useless on my machine... if this is the case for every machine, why not remove it from the installer?

And whilst we are on skins, has Satya given you a time frame (that you can share with us of course) when his 200% skin will be completed?
thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

After 2.8.9. the correct version number should be 2.9.0, never 2.8.10 because 2.8.10 = 2.8.1
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

HunterKiller wrote:After 2.8.9. the correct version number should be 2.9.0, never 2.8.10 because 2.8.10 = 2.8.1
No. In semantic versioning, 10 is the patch number and can be as high as it needs to be.

dentnile wrote:
HunterKiller wrote:After 2.8.9. the correct version number should be 2.9.0, never 2.8.10 because 2.8.10 = 2.8.1
No. In semantic versioning, 10 is the patch number and can be as high as it needs to be.
Yep, that's the patch/build number.
Works at KV331 Audio

Just downloaded and installed the new one from the website. I uninstalled old version and then installed new version. First thing I can tell you is that filter 2 VAnalog type does not visually change filters. The work around is to change to a different filter style... choose the shape filter you want, and then change back to VAnalog.

Return to “Instruments”