Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
User avatar
_TIP_
KVRist
 
92 posts since 21 Jan, 2008, from New York

Postby _TIP_; Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:57 am Re: SynthMaster & SynthMaster Player v2.8.10 out with Scaled UI/Retina support+70 new presets+bug fixes

VERY Important bug!

MSEG is not Synchronizing correctly with the Host

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEaRC4Qj4M0
kv331
KVRAF
 
4984 posts since 14 Nov, 2006, from Ankara, Turkey

Postby kv331; Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:09 am Re: SynthMaster & SynthMaster Player v2.8.10 out with Scaled UI/Retina support+70 new presets+bug fixes

flonky wrote:I installed the new update and since the update Logic Pro X (10.3.1) crashes anytime I try to load a Synthmaster instance...


Please try deleting the config file:

/documents/synthmaster/config/synthmasterconfig.txt

In most cases that fixed the crash.

Otherwise, please email me the crash report.

Thx!
Works for SynthMaster
Voted "Best VST/AU Synth" by MusicRadar readers
flonky
KVRist
 
95 posts since 11 Apr, 2004

Postby flonky; Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:28 am Re: SynthMaster & SynthMaster Player v2.8.10 out with Scaled UI/Retina support+70 new presets+bug fixes

Thanks, now it works.
I have still the graphic bug with Synthmaster One...
Mac Pro Late 2013, macOS sierra, Logic X, 2xRME FF800, 2xamt8, Prophet-6, OB-6, MKS-80/50, V-Synth XT, JD-990, Integra-7, JP-8080, Boutiques, Virus TI Snow, Microwave I, Nord Lead 4r, Matrix-1000, Radias, Maschine Studio, Komplete Kontrol S49
kv331
KVRAF
 
4984 posts since 14 Nov, 2006, from Ankara, Turkey

Postby kv331; Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:58 am Re: SynthMaster & SynthMaster Player v2.8.10 out with Scaled UI/Retina support+70 new presets+bug fixes

flonky wrote:Thanks, now it works.
I have still the graphic bug with Synthmaster One...


We haven't updated SynthMaster One yet. That's gonna be in 2 weeks.
Works for SynthMaster
Voted "Best VST/AU Synth" by MusicRadar readers
darksynth
KVRist
 
42 posts since 5 Jun, 2017

Postby darksynth; Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:42 pm Re: SynthMaster & SynthMaster Player v2.8.10 out with Scaled UI/Retina support+70 new presets+bug fixes

regarding setting the Engine Buffer Size, does bigger buffer size result in higher audio quality?

suppose the CPU is powerful enough, I set the global Engine Quality for both Realtime and Offline to BEST to,
what should I do with the Buffer Size?

when I try different buffer sizes, it all works, but I can hear very very subtle differences in tone, what is the recommended practice?
kv331
KVRAF
 
4984 posts since 14 Nov, 2006, from Ankara, Turkey

Postby kv331; Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:47 pm Re: SynthMaster & SynthMaster Player v2.8.10 out with Scaled UI/Retina support+70 new presets+bug fixes

darksynth wrote:regarding setting the Engine Buffer Size, does bigger buffer size result in higher audio quality?


No, it results in lower CPU cycles. Buffer size determines the frequency of the calculation of ADSR envelopes, LFOs, etc. it's what's called "control rate"

Small = 16 samples
Normal = 32 samples
Large = 64 samples

If you have fast envelopes/LFOs you might want to use smaller buffer sizes.

I'd recommend Large for tracking, Normal for offline bounce
Works for SynthMaster
Voted "Best VST/AU Synth" by MusicRadar readers
2020
KVRist
 
80 posts since 18 Dec, 2010

Postby 2020; Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:13 pm Re: SynthMaster & SynthMaster Player v2.8.10 out with Scaled UI/Retina support+70 new presets+bug fixes

There seems to be something wrong with the Free Synthmaster Player download (OSX). The downloaded zip file is corrupt.
Dasheesh
KVRAF
 
1743 posts since 22 Nov, 2012

Postby Dasheesh; Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:39 pm Re: SynthMaster & SynthMaster Player v2.8.10 out with Scaled UI/Retina support+70 new presets+bug fixes

Just installed the latest update. I won't know until I dig into it deeper over time, but all the major bugs that I saw have been cleaned up. Feels unreal to have synthmaster back in my rack. I'm STOKED!
User avatar
AJYoung
KVRist
 
155 posts since 19 Aug, 2014

Postby AJYoung; Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:06 pm Re: SynthMaster & SynthMaster Player v2.8.10 out with Scaled UI/Retina support+70 new presets+bug fixes

So I've noticed something that I'm pretty sure is a bug. Windows 10, FL Studio 12.4.2, 64-bit, 64-bit VST of Synthmaster. This was an odd one, so I did a bunch of testing:

Starting from the initialized preset, if you set the Filter routing to "Split", turn both Oscillators on, Turn Oscillator 2 Sync on (Sync to Osc 1), and enable Filter 2, You get a low-frequency POP evey time you play a note. There is also a very loud, high-frequency sound that plays.

When this happens, you cannot hear Osc 2 as it is supposed to sound (the typical synced-oscillator timbre). Sometimes I can hear something very quiet under the high-pitched noise that is affected by the Pitch control and follows keyboard input, but it's not how Osc 2 should sound when Sync'd.

This high-pitched sound seems to be coming out of Osc 2, as I can Filter it and apply effects to it. It also seems to behave differently depending on the Filter Algorithm selected.

In Virtual Analog, It starts loudly and fades away gradually. It does not appear again with subsequent notes. It can be brought back, however, if you disable Sync, play a note, then re-enable Sync. It will appear on the next note played. This ALSO is the case in the Lowpass mode of the Ladder, Diode, SVF, and Bite Filters, and the Bandpass mode of the Ladder Filter

In Digital, it will constantly play and I can hear it in all of the Filter Modes. Interestingly, the Comb Filter does not seem to affect it.

In the other Filter Algorithms (Ladder, SVF, and Bite) you can hear the sound constantly in all other filter modes not covered above. Interestingly, in the SVF's Multi mode, you can only hear it if the Mode knob is turned all the way to the right.

In addition, while this is happening, if you modulate the cutoff of Filter 2 in Highpass or Bandpass mode, you get some weird squeaks going on.

All of the above behavior ALSO happens if you Sync Osc 2 and turn Osc 1 OFF.


All-in-all, very weird and is certainly not good behavior.
Free BassTables Wavetables sets for Xfer Serum: Volume 1 | Volume 2
kv331
KVRAF
 
4984 posts since 14 Nov, 2006, from Ankara, Turkey

Postby kv331; Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:53 am Re: SynthMaster & SynthMaster Player v2.8.10 out with Scaled UI/Retina support+70 new presets+bug fixes

AJYoung wrote:So I've noticed something that I'm pretty sure is a bug. Windows 10, FL Studio 12.4.2, 64-bit, 64-bit VST of Synthmaster. This was an odd one, so I did a bunch of testing:

Starting from the initialized preset, if you set the Filter routing to "Split", turn both Oscillators on, Turn Oscillator 2 Sync on (Sync to Osc 1), and enable Filter 2, You get a low-frequency POP evey time you play a note. There is also a very loud, high-frequency sound that plays.


I was able to reproduce that one. Wlll try to figure out the root cause.
Works for SynthMaster
Voted "Best VST/AU Synth" by MusicRadar readers
User avatar
_TIP_
KVRist
 
92 posts since 21 Jan, 2008, from New York

Postby _TIP_; Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:39 am Re: SynthMaster & SynthMaster Player v2.8.10 out with Scaled UI/Retina support+70 new presets+bug fixes

kv331 wrote:
AJYoung wrote:So I've noticed something that I'm pretty sure is a bug. Windows 10, FL Studio 12.4.2, 64-bit, 64-bit VST of Synthmaster. This was an odd one, so I did a bunch of testing:

Starting from the initialized preset, if you set the Filter routing to "Split", turn both Oscillators on, Turn Oscillator 2 Sync on (Sync to Osc 1), and enable Filter 2, You get a low-frequency POP evey time you play a note. There is also a very loud, high-frequency sound that plays.


I was able to reproduce that one. Wlll try to figure out the root cause.

Cool, what about the MSEG that is not syncing to the host, would you be able to take a look? This is very easy to reproduce...
Thanks!
hlrf
KVRer
 
11 posts since 2 Jan, 2016

Postby hlrf; Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:03 am Re: SynthMaster & SynthMaster Player v2.8.10 out with Scaled UI/Retina support+70 new presets+bug fixes

Sorry to nag again about this...
The sample/sfz loop points issue we discussed at company forum needs some love as well :)

I can provide more detailed test files for investigating.
User avatar
_TIP_
KVRist
 
92 posts since 21 Jan, 2008, from New York

Postby _TIP_; Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:13 am Re: SynthMaster & SynthMaster Player v2.8.10 out with Scaled UI/Retina support+70 new presets+bug fixes

hlrf wrote:Sorry to nag again about this...
The sample/sfz loop points issue we discussed at company forum needs some love as well :)

I can provide more detailed test files for investigating.

Please provide the files or more information, hopefully the devs will pay some attention before they drop Version 2 development for good.
kv331
KVRAF
 
4984 posts since 14 Nov, 2006, from Ankara, Turkey

Postby kv331; Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:55 am Re: SynthMaster & SynthMaster Player v2.8.10 out with Scaled UI/Retina support+70 new presets+bug fixes

hlrf wrote:Sorry to nag again about this...
The sample/sfz loop points issue we discussed at company forum needs some love as well :)

I can provide more detailed test files for investigating.


Hi there

It was on my todo list. will sort it out in our next release in August.
Works for SynthMaster
Voted "Best VST/AU Synth" by MusicRadar readers
User avatar
waltercruz
KVRian
 
1370 posts since 3 Dec, 2011, from Brasília, Brazil

Postby waltercruz; Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:29 am Re: SynthMaster & SynthMaster Player v2.8.10 out with Scaled UI/Retina support+70 new presets+bug fixes

kv331 wrote:
darksynth wrote:regarding setting the Engine Buffer Size, does bigger buffer size result in higher audio quality?


No, it results in lower CPU cycles. Buffer size determines the frequency of the calculation of ADSR envelopes, LFOs, etc. it's what's called "control rate"

Small = 16 samples
Normal = 32 samples
Large = 64 samples

If you have fast envelopes/LFOs you might want to use smaller buffer sizes.

I'd recommend Large for tracking, Normal for offline bounce


hey, it's really possible to change Engine Buffer Size to control Rate in a future update? And change engine quality to oversample? rename the names Good (x2 oversample), Better (x3 oversample) or Best (x4 oversample)?

Engine quality and Engine Buffer Size are very geek and cryptic names. I think that most of the users of VSTi would understand clearly Oversample and Control Rate (Reaktor uses Control Rate too)
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments