Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals

SynthMaster v2.9 Release Candidate

zzz00m
KVRian

503 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Postby zzz00m; Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:00 am Re: SynthMaster & SynthMaster Player v2.8.10 out with Scaled UI/Retina support+70 new presets+bug fixes

Hey I just noticed that z3ta+ automatically recognizes a Windows gamepad [HID-compliant game controller] and assigns one analog joystick to the X-Y PAD for modulation control.

Is it possible to use a gamepad joystick to control the XYPad in SynthMaster?
Windows 10; with instruments from AIR, Ample Sound, AAS, Cakewalk, IK Multimedia, iZotope, KV331, NI, SONiVOX, TAL, Tracktion, u-he, Way Out Ware, XLN, others...
Lets dance
KVRist

79 posts since 8 Jun, 2017

Postby Lets dance; Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:30 pm Re: SynthMaster & SynthMaster Player v2.8.10 out with Scaled UI/Retina support+70 new presets+bug fixes

does anyone have problem to download the new update?
i get invalid serial number
i contact kv331 , waiting for reply.

EDIT:it's seems it's got fixed.
Taurus
KVRist

185 posts since 30 Jan, 2016

Postby Taurus; Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:09 am Re: SynthMaster & SynthMaster Player v2.8.10 out with Scaled UI/Retina support+70 new presets+bug fixes

Have Synthmaster One and Synthmaster 2.8.10 the same Filteralgorithm(Ladder...Bite)?
kv331
KVRAF

5166 posts since 14 Nov, 2006, from Ankara, Turkey

Postby kv331; Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:21 pm Re: SynthMaster & SynthMaster Player v2.8.10 out with Scaled UI/Retina support+70 new presets+bug fixes

Taurus wrote:Have Synthmaster One and Synthmaster 2.8.10 the same Filteralgorithm(Ladder...Bite)?

Yes!
Works for SynthMaster
Voted "Best VST/AU Synth" by MusicRadar readers
exmatproton
KVRAF

1901 posts since 24 Apr, 2011

Postby exmatproton; Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:56 pm Re: SynthMaster & SynthMaster Player v2.8.10 out with Scaled UI/Retina support+70 new presets+bug fixes

Any word on when the new UI's (120% and higher) will get fixed?
The red lines and the different elements being shifted, isn't really nice, imho.

SM28.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ukm
KVRist

74 posts since 28 Sep, 2002, from Germany

Postby ukm; Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:44 am Re: SynthMaster & SynthMaster Player v2.8.10 out with Scaled UI/Retina support+70 new presets+bug fixes

Hmm; no GUI at all in Studio One v2 (Windows 7 64 bit).
kv331
KVRAF

Postby kv331; Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:35 am Re: SynthMaster & SynthMaster Player v2.8.10 out with Scaled UI/Retina support+70 new presets+bug fixes

ukm wrote:Hmm; no GUI at all in Studio One v2 (Windows 7 64 bit).

Hi

What do you mean by no GUI ? could you post a screenshot?
Works for SynthMaster
EnochLight
KVRian

679 posts since 20 Mar, 2012, from Detroit, MI

Postby EnochLight; Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:31 pm Re: SynthMaster & SynthMaster Player v2.8.10 out with Scaled UI/Retina support+70 new presets+bug fixes

kv331 wrote:Building 2.8.10 again while filming this :D

Bülent,

I just wanted to report that the latest 2.8.10 on Windows 10 and Reason 9.5.1 now fixes the random crashing I was getting while browsing patches, as well as fixes the broken browser (not being able to browse patches using my QWERTY keyboard's up and down arrows). Everything is working fantastic - thanks for fixing this (hope the vacation went well)!

Cheers,

EnochLight
  • Presonus Studio One 3.5.x | too many VSTi's to name
  • Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 10 | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Tech Panorama P4 | M-Audio Trigger Finger Pro | too many RE's to name
kv331
KVRAF

Postby kv331; Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:18 pm Re: SynthMaster & SynthMaster Player v2.8.10 out with Scaled UI/Retina support+70 new presets+bug fixes

EnochLight wrote:I just wanted to report that the latest 2.8.10 on Windows 10 and Reason 9.5.1 now fixes the random crashing I was getting while browsing patches, as well as fixes the broken browser (not being able to browse patches using my QWERTY keyboard's up and down arrows). Everything is working fantastic - thanks for fixing this (hope the vacation went well)!

Awesome!
Works for SynthMaster
Niowiad
KVRist

51 posts since 25 Jan, 2017

Postby Niowiad; Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:11 am Re: SynthMaster & SynthMaster Player v2.8.10 out with Scaled UI/Retina support+70 new presets+bug fixes

Hello. Maybe I'm missing something.

About the "Phase" and "Freq" signs between the modulator and the main/carrier oscillator...
I can only do FM when in "Phase" mode instead of "Freq" - as if the two names were swapped in the GUI.

Shouldn't it be the other way around? Thanks
AJYoung
KVRist

190 posts since 19 Aug, 2014

Postby AJYoung; Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:03 am Re: SynthMaster & SynthMaster Player v2.8.10 out with Scaled UI/Retina support+70 new presets+bug fixes

Seems to work fine here. It's probably just a confusion of terms. The "FM" synthesis you normally think of (such as Sytrus, FM8, DX10, Rhino, etc) is actually Phase Modulation. Direct frequency modulation is different, and sounds very different. Synthmaster offers both.

As an example between how the two work, turn the Coarse Tune all the way down on the Mod Oscillator. Now, play a note and compare how the pitch changes between the two modes. Now try it with different waveforms in the Mod Osc: sine, triangle, square, saw. How they behave is very different.

For "traditional" FM sounds, you want to use Phase Modulation.
Free BassTables for Xfer Serum 1 | 2
2016 Synthmaster Song Contest Winner Presets
Niowiad
KVRist

51 posts since 25 Jan, 2017

Postby Niowiad; Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:13 am Re: SynthMaster & SynthMaster Player v2.8.10 out with Scaled UI/Retina support+70 new presets+bug fixes

AJYoung wrote:Seems to work fine here. It's probably just a confusion of terms. The "FM" synthesis you normally think of (such as Sytrus, FM8, DX10, Rhino, etc) is actually Phase Modulation. Direct frequency modulation is different, and sounds very different. Synthmaster offers both.

As an example between how the two work, turn the Coarse Tune all the way down on the Mod Oscillator. Now, play a note and compare how the pitch changes between the two modes. Now try it with different waveforms in the Mod Osc: sine, triangle, square, saw. How they behave is very different.

Oh wow. The quoted part in bold is what fooled me then :o
Thank you very much for the info and tips. Will try that.
AJYoung
KVRist

190 posts since 19 Aug, 2014

Postby AJYoung; Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:08 pm Re: SynthMaster & SynthMaster Player v2.8.10 out with Scaled UI/Retina support+70 new presets+bug fixes

Glad I could help! Yeah, FM is an odd term especially for those learning synthesis (thanks Yamaha). It's not "Frequency" modulation, but modulating the phase sounds close enough to moving the pitch up and down that the term stuck.

The way it works is rather interesting. You know how when a car is coming toward you the pitch raises, and when it goes away the pitch lowers? Think of doing that back and forth REALLY fast. That's kind of how phase modulation works, with the engine noise as the waveform, and the position of the car over time as the modulator.
Free BassTables for Xfer Serum 1 | 2
2016 Synthmaster Song Contest Winner Presets
zzz00m
KVRian

503 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Postby zzz00m; Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:20 pm Re: SynthMaster & SynthMaster Player v2.8.10 out with Scaled UI/Retina support+70 new presets+bug fixes

AJYoung wrote:Seems to work fine here. It's probably just a confusion of terms. The "FM" synthesis you normally think of (such as Sytrus, FM8, DX10, Rhino, etc) is actually Phase Modulation. Direct frequency modulation is different, and sounds very different. Synthmaster offers both.

That's an interesting explanation. :tu:

I had my intro to synth programming years ago on my first synth, a Casio CZ with PD (Phase Distortion) synthesis. This came out about the same time as Yamaha was marketing the DX stuff with FM.

Never messed with Yamaha (or FM, for that matter), but always heard that PD was similar to Yamaha's FM implementation.

So maybe I know more about FM than I realized! :clap:
Windows 10; with instruments from AIR, Ample Sound, AAS, Cakewalk, IK Multimedia, iZotope, KV331, NI, SONiVOX, TAL, Tracktion, u-he, Way Out Ware, XLN, others...
anxiousmofo
KVRist

359 posts since 1 Apr, 2012, from bamboo tube

Postby anxiousmofo; Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:44 pm Re: SynthMaster & SynthMaster Player v2.8.10 out with Scaled UI/Retina support+70 new presets+bug fixes

I really appreciate the attention this product gets, but it sure is a PIA to have to pull out my serial number every time I need to download an update, especially when they are as frequent as they recently have been. Accounts would be much better.
Tangled roots perplex her ways.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments